Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #286
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran
 
tinkbyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Anyone know when pin codes are usually released for December? I was looking back at my old ones and I can't seem to find one. I am so anxious! I just want to book it and pay it off all in one shot but I'm not sure if staying on site will be affordable this year without a discount. Every year it seems to go up $$$. This trip already with a FD promotion would cost be about 500 more than last. Since I started going every year (2009) the price has doubled! Granted my little one was free for two years but still he doesn't cost us an extra 1600! Hopefully disney has some pixie dust in pin form for all of us waiting!!
Discounts for December have historically come out Jul-Aug timeframe. What I could find on Mousesavers.com was it looks like a free dining offer was offered for the first couple of weeks of December, then it looks like a 5 - 30% room discount follows up until a couple of days before Christmas. AP holders and FL residents have been able to get this discount right up to Christmas Eve.
__________________






Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #287
tinkbyday
DIS Veteran
 
tinkbyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,747

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
We ARE spending Xmas at WDW this year. We've done it a couple of times, and both times it was manageable until the afternoon of the 25th, when it got packed.

At this point, we are looking at CSR from 12/19 to 12/26. Last couple of times, this was with FD, but don't count on it this year - hope for some type of discount though for DVR or general public - We NEVER get PIN codes.

Have not made a reservation yet though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blfbrat View Post
12 OF us going day after thanksgiving and staying through the next weekend, hoping for a nice discount this is the two Grandmother's Christmas gift to 4 grandchildren and their parents.

This is a wonderful open adoption family situation. Birth grandma and adoptive grandmother work together to take everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizOz View Post
We're coming back over again this year from down under. After a few days to recover at Grand Cal at DL from our 15 hour flight from Melbourne we are going to be at WDW from 4 - 18 Dec. Planning on doing a split stay at YC and WL.
That sounds amazing!


Welcome aboard!
__________________






Dec 09 YC CL Jan 09 YC Apr '08 WL and POR Jan '07 BWI Nov '05 Swan Oct '03 CBR
tinkbyday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #288
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"
 
julluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA 1,331 mi away from the mouse
Posts: 1,988

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkbyday

Discounts for December have historically come out Jul-Aug timeframe. What I could find on Mousesavers.com was it looks like a free dining offer was offered for the first couple of weeks of December, then it looks like a 5 - 30% room discount follows up until a couple of days before Christmas. AP holders and FL residents have been able to get this discount right up to Christmas Eve.
Thank you for the info but I was wondering more about the pin code than the gp discount. Like my last pin code that I received was for 1/2-9/28. It expired on feb 16 but the gp discount right now only goes up to June. So what I was hoping is that the next pin code would cover oct-dec and the next gp would cover until sept. I think disney gives out the pin codes for some to see how many will book then if need be throws out the gp codes to fill their rooms. I'm just too impatient!
__________________

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
julluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #289
jdcthree
DIS Veteran
 
jdcthree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney
Anyone know when pin codes are usually released for December? I was looking back at my old ones and I can't seem to find one. I am so anxious! I just want to book it and pay it off all in one shot but I'm not sure if staying on site will be affordable this year without a discount. Every year it seems to go up $$$. This trip already with a FD promotion would cost be about 500 more than last. Since I started going every year (2009) the price has doubled! Granted my little one was free for two years but still he doesn't cost us an extra 1600! Hopefully disney has some pixie dust in pin form for all of us waiting!!
There is no rhyme or reason to personal pin codes. There is no way to tell if/when you will get one for December. The general public discount is probably your best bet and I see a previous poster already shared some info about that. Good luck!
__________________
Art of Animation/Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012
Bay Lake Tower 2010
Beach Club 2007
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #290
amyhschwartz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

Never ever been to disney, surprising our 5 kids w a trip dec 21-26. Where would be the best place to stay and must dos? Also, I am struggling w a lot of the abbreviations... Is there a guide somewhere?
-first time user
amyhschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #291
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhschwartz
Never ever been to disney, surprising our 5 kids w a trip dec 21-26. Where would be the best place to stay and must dos? Also, I am struggling w a lot of the abbreviations... Is there a guide somewhere?
-first time user
You'll find as many answers to your question as there are posters on the DISboards. Here's my recommendations. Check out allearsnet.com and look at pictures of the resorts to choose from. Check out trip reports on the DIS to see what others say about the resorts. Finally, go to the resorts section and read the Q&A posts of the resorts that you are most interested in. Usually you can learn most of what you need to know by reading the first post of the Q&A thread (they are summaries of much of the info that can be found in the aggregate of the thread.
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #292
amyhschwartz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy

You'll find as many answers to your question as there are posters on the DISboards. Here's my recommendations. Check out allearsnet.com and look at pictures of the resorts to choose from. Check out trip reports on the DIS to see what others say about the resorts. Finally, go to the resorts section and read the Q&A posts of the resorts that you are most interested in. Usually you can learn most of what you need to know by reading the first post of the Q&A thread (they are summaries of much of the info that can be found in the aggregate of the thread.
Thank you!!! That has proven to be super helpful so far!!!!
amyhschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #293
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran
 
dsnydaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 1,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhschwartz View Post
Thank you!!! That has proven to be super helpful so far!!!!
You're welcome!

Happy Hunting!
__________________
dsnydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #294
rainynight
Mouseketeer
 
rainynight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1626 View Post
please add me
11/29 thru 12/8
I hoping for a great room only discount this time around:woohoo.
We're considering the same dates. We got a big vacation planned for Januray 2014, so Disney is still up in the air for this December, but will be on the lookout for *hopefully* free dining which will be the deciding factor.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #295
SoccerDogWithEars
DIS Veteran
 
SoccerDogWithEars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 1,116

Joining in. I'm taking DBf for his first trip 12/1-12/8. I've already started saving up, but it would be a lot nicer on our wallets if FD is released. Even though we're planning on doing the DP anyway.
__________________
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A PIRATE'S Life For Me!!!
SoccerDogWithEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #296
Rygraymom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9

Add me to the list! Traveling dec 8-14th staying at AOA
Rygraymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #297
moozle
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 223

We finally finalized our dates so add me to the list!! We'll be at POFQ (our home away from home) December 14-21!!
__________________
12/09 - POFQ
10/10 - Cabins at Ft. Wilderness
12/11, 12/12, 12/13 - POFQ
Next up: December 2014, CSR
moozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #298
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran
 
goofyredraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,060

Right now, we are booked for SOG 12/18-12/26, but if free dining is offered, military discount is continued, or they offer an AP discount...we may/will likely be staying at a Disney resort...so I'll be following this thread closely!
__________________
Erin

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
POP/AKL - June 2014; Disney Dream June 2014;
Disneyland - DLH July 2014;
**Coming soon*** ASMu October 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #299
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer
 
jessicamouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan (GO GREEN!!)
Posts: 234

Please add me to the list as well. We are looking at 11/30 - 12/8 at POFQ, but would upgrade to WL if FD comes out only for Deluxe. Room discount, FD, anything would help. If no discounts are released we will probably have to stay offsite.

Is it just me or does the wait feel like FOREVER right now? Stuck here in Michigan - Florida sun sounds so amazing! I need some WDW time
jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #300
klstiger
Mouseketeer
 
klstiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 78

Dec. 6-14th

Can you add me to the list? We are not booked, but plan on it soon. We are going Friday Dec.6 thru Saturday the 14th.
5 families going and we are staying at different places.... My immediate family usually just stays at POP. We are deciding on POP or POFrench Quarter??? No decision yet.
Hoping for a discount of some sort but not depending on it...
__________________
Geaux Tigers!

Kristy
klstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: