Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #1111
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I think its funny that a woman who claims this man battered her would crawl through his doggie door and enter his home uninvited and give him another reason to batter her........

Hopefully another piece to this puzzle to make the jury scratch their heads.
I wonder if they'll think it's odd that after all Travis' statements to friends that Jodi was stalking him, slashing his tires, coming into his home uninvited, breaking into his various accounts, he never made a police report and then has sex with her.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #1112
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
I wonder if they'll think it's odd that after all Travis' statements to friends that Jodi was stalking him, slashing his tires, coming into his home uninvited, breaking into his various accounts, he never made a police report and then has sex with her.
And, did they lock the doors after all the stalking.

But I think there's stalking and then there's STALKING. I wonder how many people who thought someone was a nut REALLY thought the person would commit murder, KWIM? There was a jerk in our town, and we actually got a GSD when we were choosing a breed because we thought, what the heck, let's feel safe. Did I REALLY think the guy would show up at our house? No, but I felt safer with a German Shepherd than a Lab, like our prior dog, who would welcome an intruder with open arms and big licks. (And trust me, we can't let ANYONE near our house now. )

I think Travis thought she was annoying at worst, and readily available for sex at "best".
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #1113
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
And, did they lock the doors after all the stalking.

But I think there's stalking and then there's STALKING. I wonder how many people who thought someone was a nut REALLY thought the person would commit murder, KWIM? There was a jerk in our town, and we actually got a GSD when we were choosing a breed because we thought, what the heck, let's feel safe. Did I REALLY think the guy would show up at our house? No, but I felt safer with a German Shepherd than a Lab, like our prior dog, who would welcome an intruder with open arms and big licks. (And trust me, we can't let ANYONE near our house now. )

I think Travis thought she was annoying at worst, and readily available for sex at "best".
. I will never forget when the whole Lacy Peterson ordeal was going on. I was pregnant at the time too and will never forget my mom saying to me that that could be my husband. WHAT!! She meant that Lacy's parents loved Scott like their own, never thought in a million years he was capable of cheating on and then killing his wife and unborn kid. I'm still here and DD is almost 10 so obviously DH is no Scott Peterson, but these things make you wonder if you REALLY know someone!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #1114
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
. I will never forget when the whole Lacy Peterson ordeal was going on. I was pregnant at the time too and will never forget my mom saying to me that that could be my husband. WHAT!! She meant that Lacy's parents loved Scott like their own, never thought in a million years he was capable of cheating on and then killing his wife and unborn kid. I'm still here and DD is almost 10 so obviously DH is no Scott Peterson, but these things make you wonder if you REALLY know someone!
Exactly! Her parents specifically and openly defended him...NO WAY could he be involved. They're the scary murderers...the ones that don't look or act like one. That's what Jodi is...I hope the jury really sees her for what she is.

And I really hate this defense that geez, Jodi never murdered her previous boyfriends who cheated on her. ?? No ****! So? She murdered THIS one. There's a first time for everything. And no one prior to Travis had what she wanted SO MUCH by this point in her life...marriage, money, prestige. She saw that with Travis, and she also saw that she could and definitely WOULD give him what he (a 30 year old guy who wasn't gettin' it anywhere else) wanted...sex. It certainly wasn't an alien idea to her.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #1115
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Oh, I think she's definitely painting the picture of Battered Woman Syndrome and the "expert" will testify to those points, but she has to get past any conclusion the jury might have that she stole the .25 from her grandparents for the sole purpose of killing Travis (that implies premeditation). I wonder if she'll say she intended to go kill Travis, changed her mind on the way and then had to kill him in "self defense" when she dropped the camera.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #1116
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Oh, I think she's definitely painting the picture of Battered Woman Syndrome and the "expert" will testify to those points, but she has to get past any conclusion the jury might have that she stole the .25 from her grandparents for the sole purpose of killing Travis (that implies premeditation). I wonder if she'll say she intended to go kill Travis, changed her mind on the way and then had to kill him in "self defense" when she dropped the camera.
As far as battering, it seems to me that her parents did allot of that from what JA says. But she did not murder them.

Also, as far as the self defense, she shot him first, right … if it was self defense as JA states, why didn't she run away after shooting him and call 911? But no instead she dragged him around the apt and proceeded to stab him 27 times and then slice his throat. That is some EVIL CRAP not self defense to me.

JM will grill her I am so sure.

KAR

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #1117
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
As far as battering, it seems to me that her parents did allot of that from what JA says. But she did not murder them.

Also, as far as the self defense, she shot him first, right … if it was self defense as JA states, why didn't she run away after shooting him and call 911? But no instead she dragged him around the apt and proceeded to stab him 27 times and then slice his throat. That is some EVIL CRAP not self defense to me.

JM will grill her I am so sure.
No, she didn't shoot him first...that was last. I think as part of her defense (per the TV trial commentators) is going to be that if she intended to go there and kill him, she would have just shot him as soon as she saw him. The shot was lethal, and he was definitely alive during the stabbings. There was a shell casing ON TOP of a whole bunch of blood.

But I think she went there to either try to get him back and have him take her to Mexico with him, and when he wouldn't in the end, killed him (and intended to if that was the result) or she went there intending to have one last fling (like a serial killer who keeps a souvenir) and then kill him. I believe it was the latter...as in "You want sex? I'll give you sex. And then I'm going to kill you." I definitely think it was premeditated.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #1118
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
No, she didn't shoot him first...that was last.
Or second to last. She may have slashed his throat last. Can't remember. But either one of those injuries would have killed him quickly.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #1119
momrek06

Quote:
No, she didn't shoot him first...that was last. I think as part of her defense (per the TV trial commentators) is going to be that if she intended to go there and kill him, she would have just shot him as soon as she saw him. The shot was lethal, and he was definitely alive during the stabbings. There was a shell casing ON TOP of a whole bunch of blood.

But I think she went there to either try to get him back and have him take her to Mexico with him, and when he wouldn't in the end, killed him (and intended to if that was the result) or she went there intending to have one last fling (like a serial killer who keeps a souvenir) and then kill him. I believe it was the latter...as in "You want sex? I'll give you sex. And then I'm going to kill you." I definitely think it was premeditated.
Thx, Mar, for clarifying that. So stabbings, then slicing his throat and final blow was shooting him.

Oh that sounds exactly like a scorned JA for sure.

I read somewhere online and not sure if it is true but that the whole killing took 106 seconds. I wonder if the jury will hear that.

I wonder if JM will slam her when he gets to the police interview where JA states, "If I killed Travis, I would BEG for the DP".

KAR

Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #1120
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

I was all excited on my way home last night thinking I have today off so I would be able to watch.... Then remember no trial until monday

She's crazy. absolutely nuts. I think it was pre-meditated. She intended to kill him because he wasn't doing what SHE wanted him to do.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #1121
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Thx, Mar, for clarifying that. So stabbings, then slicing his throat and final blow was shooting him.

Oh that sounds exactly like a scorned JA for sure.

I read somewhere online and not sure if it is true but that the whole killing took 106 seconds. I wonder if the jury will hear that.

I wonder if JM will slam her when he gets to the police interview where JA states, "If I killed Travis, I would BEG for the DP".
Oh he may do that. If I was on the jury I would be asking myself, if you are really battered why do you keep driving all that way to be battered more? I read the 106 On the Radar. Problem with people who do things and are never seen never won't get caught. You can file police reports , it won't do any good because you did not see them do it. A friend of mine were walking away from her home, and the lady next door was always fighting with them. Well we heard a loud hissing and turned around and saw her tire flat and the lady was going back in the house and had a knife, she called the police and they said if we didn't see her do it they can't touch her. It was a sad thing.

Jaun has to be careful with questioning, if he goes to far he may turn the jury toward her.

Justice For Travis
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #1122
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz4mm2 View Post
I was all excited on my way home last night thinking I have today off so I would be able to watch.... Then remember no trial until monday

She's crazy. absolutely nuts. I think it was pre-meditated. She intended to kill him because he wasn't doing what SHE wanted him to do.
I am sorry.

Justice For Travis
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #1123
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I may be incorrect in this statement, but I'm pretty sure that she shot Travis last and if so, that proves it was no self defense because by that time, he was already dead. Then again, I remember the autopsy report stating that the brain matter had started decomposing so they weren't entirely sure of the trail.

Either way it's put, self defense doesn't seem plausible. There is a knife and there is a gun...a gun would be much easier to protect yourself with because you don't have to get in close proximity and the pain would drop a person long enough to run away.

Did JA have defensive wounds on her hands? Travis had his hands split open and I'd assume that was from trying to grab the knife away. As much as this trial intrigues me, I can't help but look at Jodi and imagine how much glee she must have got from killing Travis and wondering if she was methodical in what she did. Like stab stab stab, "oh you're in pain but you're not dead yet....guess what, I'm slitting your throat too.", :::insert crazy laugh:::. It breaks my heart to think of what he went through and worse, what his family is going through seeing this. I certainly hope justice is served because she's a terrifying person and I don't believe for a second that she thinks what she did was wrong.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #1124
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
I may be incorrect in this statement, but I'm pretty sure that she shot Travis last and if so, that proves it was no self defense because by that time, he was already dead. Then again, I remember the autopsy report stating that the brain matter had started decomposing so they weren't entirely sure of the trail.

Either way it's put, self defense doesn't seem plausible. There is a knife and there is a gun...a gun would be much easier to protect yourself with because you don't have to get in close proximity and the pain would drop a person long enough to run away.

Did JA have defensive wounds on her hands? Travis had his hands split open and I'd assume that was from trying to grab the knife away. As much as this trial intrigues me, I can't help but look at Jodi and imagine how much glee she must have got from killing Travis and wondering if she was methodical in what she did. Like stab stab stab, "oh you're in pain but you're not dead yet....guess what, I'm slitting your throat too.", :::insert crazy laugh:::. It breaks my heart to think of what he went through and worse, what his family is going through seeing this. I certainly hope justice is served because she's a terrifying person and I don't believe for a second that she thinks what she did was wrong.
I think I remember her 'new' BF, Ryan stating that he asked her about her hands as he noted two small cuts on her hand. She LIED (of course) and said she cut them on a glass.

KAR

Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #1125
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:

I think this is what happened too. She is one messed up, crazy woman. That is for sure.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: