Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #3286
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't watch testimony today...wasn't the gunshot the only thing brought up? If stabbings and slashings weren't brought up, there wouldn't be a discussion on what came first. Yes, it's implied but everybody knows there is more that he endured.

I'm also thinking that the large blood stain by the bedroom door leading to the bathroom hallway is where he had his neck slit, which would seem to be the final thing she did to him.

Well Numri asked her about the stabbings and all of a sudden JA who has given sooooooo much detail since she took to the Stand, does not remember anything about the stabbings. After the gunshot, next thing she remembers is driving off into the desert. WHATEVER, JA. And slashings never even came up today at all.

So, I need details … did JA stab, shoot, slash and then drag him to the shower?
What did the ME say she did? THX

KAR

Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #3287
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Well Numri asked her about the stabbings and all of a sudden JA who has given sooooooo much detail since she took to the Stand, does not remember anything about the stabbings. After the gunshot, next thing she remembers is driving off into the desert. WHATEVER, JA. And slashings never even came up today at all.

So, I need details … did JA stab, shoot, slash and then drag him to the shower?
That would be selective amnesia! It's like she thinks if she doesn't remember it ; it will go away.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #3288
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I didn't watch testimony today...wasn't the gunshot the only thing brought up? If stabbings and slashings weren't brought up, there wouldn't be a discussion on what came first. Yes, it's implied but everybody knows there is more that he endured.

I'm also thinking that the large blood stain by the bedroom door leading to the bathroom hallway is where he had his neck slit, which would seem to be the final thing she did to him.
You're right, Jodi's memory wasn't as good as it has been in the past, she only remembers shooting Travis.

But Nurmi really took issue with Det Flores and his interview on TV when he said the ME had told him the gun shot was first whereas the ME testified the gun shot was last, the issue being whether the crime was heinous in Travis' suffering. Course, if I recall correctly, the ME said the gun shot would kill him and quite frankly, that's something that can really be questioned. I've got a friend who was shot in the head with a .45 a much more lethal weapon than a .25 who lived thru it.

I agree with you, I think the last thing she did was cut his throat after stabbing him all the way down the hallway AFTER she shot him and he didn't drop dead.

Anyway, I just wonder if Martinez will leave it alone or try to make the ME look correct in his findings.

ETA: Just reread Det Flores report, ME said gun shot would not have been fatal.
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.c...tionreport.pdf

Last edited by Uncle Remus; 02-20-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #3289
2Kds2K9
DIS Veteran

I've seen less holes in swiss cheese. Her story is so concocted it's sick. If this jury does not convict her of first degree murder, I will lose all faith in the justice system and humanity.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #3290
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
You're right, Jodi's memory wasn't as good as it has been in the past, she only remembers shooting Travis.

But Nurmi really took issue with Det Flores and his interview on TV when he said the ME had told him the gun shot was first whereas the ME testified the gun shot was last, the issue being whether the crime was heinous in Travis' suffering. Course, if I recall correctly, the ME said the gun shot would kill him and quite frankly, that's something that can really be questioned. I've got a friend who was shot in the head with a .45 a much more lethal weapon than a .25 who lived thru it.

I agree with you, I think the last thing she did was cut his throat after stabbing him all the way down the hallway AFTER she shot him and he didn't drop dead.

Anyway, I just wonder if Martinez will leave it alone or try to make the ME look correct in his findings.

She recalled the knife dropping on the floor. So how do you remember that but not stabbing him?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #3291
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
I'm gonna PM this to Mare for our new first page on the next thread, but wanted to post it here in case anyone wants to review these pics.
At the bottom of this article is a slideshow of 150 pictures from the trial: Crime Scene and Trial Photos

ETA: MaryAnnDVC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Proof our MaryAnn is overworked! LOL
Overworked or a PM hoarder.

Thanks! I'll put it in the first post here and then transfer everything over to the first post of the next thread.
Quote:
I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think the prosecution will get exactly what they want. They want the death penalty for premeditated murder, so far Jodi's only confessed to 2nd degree murder and to avoid a hung jury, all those jurors have to agree it was premeditated. I'm afraid one or two may believe it wasn't premeditated, but a murder of a lesser degree and the others may go along with it to avoid that hung jury.

One of the questions the defense can ask the jury to consider is if Jodi was a stalker feared by Travis, why did he let her in the house to stay for several hours? She's corroborated that she arrived at 4ish in the morning by Travis' verified Youtube views to the time she killed him at 5ish in the evening. She coulda killed him anytime if she had intended to kill him when she left Yreka. There's 12 jurors, I bet more than one has some unanswered questions, maybe they'll ask Jodi.
Unfortunately I agree. Hopefully JM will be able to pull it altogether and drive home undeniable premeditation.
Quote:

The gunshot could not have been first, because the shell casing was on top of the blood. And slitting his throat would have been fatal (right?), so that sounds right...stabbing, shooting, slashing.

Now, Lord only knows what the defense experts are going to say...some defense attorneys on HLN were saying OF COURSE she's an abused woman and OF COURSE lapse of memory goes along with the trauma of it all. BUT....how are they going to explain the shell casing on top of the the coagulating blood? And how are they going to explain the stabbings? I'm guessing they're going to explain away the shell casing (planted there? fell off the sink counter??) and say that she shot him first, that he was dead, and she went berserk, which is why she doesn't remember it, and stabbed him like crazy. So since the shooting was an accident, and he was already dead when she stabbed him, that really, she's not responsible.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #3292
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Crime Scene Floor Plan, in pieces...

Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #3293
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I was thinking about the picture of Travis in the shower, the one where he looks kinda startled. Is it possible that he thought she had already left? He gets in the shower, she sneaks back into the house with her grandparents gun and a knife, and surprises him. I'm sure it is probably far fetched but I need someone to bounce ideas off of. My husband is sick of talking about it.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #3294
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I was thinking about the picture of Travis in the shower, the one where he looks kinda startled. Is it possible that he thought she had already left? He gets in the shower, she sneaks back into the house with her grandparents gun and a knife, and surprises him. I'm sure it is probably far fetched but I need someone to bounce ideas off of. My husband is sick of talking about it.
Same here. I believe that while she was taking pictures she had everything available. I think the stabbing came first and then the shooting and his throat. I can not wait till tomorrow. I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight. I have never seen a master closet have to different doors.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #3295
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
Overworked or a PM hoarder.

Thanks! I'll put it in the first post here and then transfer everything over to the first post of the next thread. Unfortunately I agree. Hopefully JM will be able to pull it altogether and drive home undeniable premeditation. The gunshot could not have been first, because the shell casing was on top of the blood. And slitting his throat would have been fatal (right?), so that sounds right...stabbing, shooting, slashing.

Now, Lord only knows what the defense experts are going to say...some defense attorneys on HLN were saying OF COURSE she's an abused woman and OF COURSE lapse of memory goes along with the trauma of it all. BUT....how are they going to explain the shell casing on top of the the coagulating blood? And how are they going to explain the stabbings? I'm guessing they're going to explain away the shell casing (planted there? fell off the sink counter??) and say that she shot him first, that he was dead, and she went berserk, which is why she doesn't remember it, and stabbed him like crazy. So since the shooting was an accident, and he was already dead when she stabbed him, that really, she's not responsible.
From what I hear is the law in Arizona says you may only use self defense enough to get away. Not over kill. So can the jury come to the conclusion that she over killed and not in self defense and still send her to death.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #3296
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

So, I need details & did JA stab, shoot, slash and then drag him to the shower?
I think the ME said he was shot first. Or maybe a detective said that? Anyway, I remember someone saying that he was shot, stabbed, then finally throat was cut. He had stab wounds on his palms. Poor guy. She must have been in a rage.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #3297
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

You guys are alllllll so awesome working through the night on this trial!

OMG I am reading everything!

Mar, thanks for posting the crime scene for us!

KAR

Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #3298
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
The look in his eyes is so haunting to me. It's a look of dread.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #3299
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom View Post
The look in his eyes is so haunting to me. It's a look of dread.
One can only imagine if he was begging for his life. The hands were so bad. He really was trying to defend himself.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #3300
PebblesMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But Nurmi really took issue with Det Flores and his interview on TV when he said the ME had told him the gun shot was first whereas the ME testified the gun shot was last, the issue being whether the crime was heinous in Travis' suffering. Course, if I recall correctly, the ME said the gun shot would kill him and quite frankly, that's something that can really be questioned. I've got a friend who was shot in the head with a .45 a much more lethal weapon than a .25 who lived thru it. I agree with you, I think the last thing she did was cut his throat after stabbing him all the way down the hallway AFTER she shot him and he didn't drop dead.

Was he shot in the head or the cheek? I knew a guy who was so sick of his girlfriend nagging him to do this that and the other that he decided he was going to kill himself in front of her. He shot himself in the head, blood sprayed her, but he survived and you can barely tell because of minimal scarring.

Blood spray would help to determine when she shot him. I guess it is possible that she shot him while he was in the shower, the shell kicked back, then later during the stabbing session or when she dragged him back into the bathroom, the shell was kicked into a pile of blood where it would stick. But then, unless the blood was already coagulating (which could happen pretty fast), there would be splattering from that as well. Hmm...I so want to be a crime scene investigator, though I'd suck at it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: