Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #3256
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Yikes, does that say 3,253 now 3254 replies?

Maybe Mare can start us a new thread before the State crosses Jodi and we'll at least have some line of distinction or timeline of our threads, but whatever is convenient for her.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #3257
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Remus View Post
Yikes, does that say 3,253 now 3254 replies?

Maybe Mare can start us a new thread before the State crosses Jodi and we'll at least have some line of distinction or timeline of our threads, but whatever is convenient for her.
I'm leaving the house tomorrow at 12:30 PM which is when cross is supposed to start. So I'll just plan now to make a new thread right before I leave, even if we're not super close to 250 pages. Good plan?
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #3258
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I'm leaving the house tomorrow at 12:30 PM which is when cross is supposed to start. So I'll just plan now to make a new thread right before I leave, even if we're not super close to 250 pages. Good plan?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #3259
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
If it's convenient for you and get back home as quick as ya can, no telling what's gonna happen tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #3260
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Great idea!! DD, dsil and 2 grandbabies r coming for dinner tomorrow night, plus the nascar afternoon races. Think instead of steak stirfry it's gonna be hamburger macaroni and I'll fix it during the lunch break.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #3261
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Thank you in advance for starting the new thread! You know this place will be hopping tomorrow with the cross!
Thank you!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #3262
Uncle Remus
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Great idea!! DD, dsil and 2 grandbabies r coming for dinner tomorrow night, plus the nascar afternoon races. Think instead of steak stirfry it's gonna be hamburger macaroni and I'll fix it during the lunch break.
Now you're cooking!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #3263
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

Since I have to work tomorrow,,,, It will be leftovers
NOW if I can only figure out how to tape from on line....

Old 02-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #3264
TheBig1
Earning My Ears

Here's one idea I was just thinking about.

Travis had his hands tied somewhat loosely to the shower head holder when that close-up picture of his face was taken. It looks like he's turning his head an uncomfortable amount if you look at the angle of his chin to his shoulder. I think she may have been holding the gun when she took that picture and might have been the first moment he saw it and he wasn't sure if she was just trying to scare him or if she was as crazy as he had probably suspected(calling her a sociopath and all). She knew he could probably pull his hands free but she would be able to shoot him in the head and finish off the job befor that as well as keep it clean by doing it in the shower. I think having his hands tied up also explains the direction of the gunshot. When she pointed the gun he instinctively ducked his head which would force his head to the left and downwards(do to his hands being tied up) making above the right eyebrow the easiest target and that also explains the downward angle. After the shot doesn't kill him I think she tries to finish him off with either stabbing him or cutting his throat but he breaks free although his hands might still be tied to each other which would explain why he couldnt fight back and take the knife. He starts fighting for his life but eventually she does too much damage. The adrenalin and fear she felt when Travis broke free could of caused her to go into overkill until after he stopped moving.

Just another of the many possibilities.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #3265
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

I have three questions for all you experts.

1. Today if I heard her correctly she said that her intent was not to shoot him just scare him? When she did shoot him then he was really mad and went crazy. Did I hear that right?

2. I missed the beginning so at any point did she state where she got the gun? Like out of a drawer or on a dresser? What about the knife? Did she say where that came from.

3. Did I read somewhere that Travis's body was in the room for awhile and his roommate never knew? Where was the roommate when this all went down

Thanks!!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #3266
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig1 View Post
Here's one idea I was just thinking about.

Travis had his hands tied somewhat loosely to the shower head holder when that close-up picture of his face was taken. It looks like he's turning his head an uncomfortable amount if you look at the angle of his chin to his shoulder. I think she may have been holding the gun when she took that picture and might have been the first moment he saw it and he wasn't sure if she was just trying to scare him or if she was as crazy as he had probably suspected(calling her a sociopath and all). She knew he could probably pull his hands free but she would be able to shoot him in the head and finish off the job befor that as well as keep it clean by doing it in the shower. I think having his hands tied up also explains the direction of the gunshot. When she pointed the gun he instinctively ducked his head which would force his head to the left and downwards(do to his hands being tied up) making above the right eyebrow the easiest target and that also explains the downward angle. After the shot doesn't kill him I think she tries to finish him off with either stabbing him or cutting his throat but he breaks free although his hands might still be tied to each other which would explain why he couldnt fight back and take the knife. He starts fighting for his life but eventually she does too much damage. The adrenalin and fear she felt when Travis broke free could of caused her to go into overkill until after he stopped moving.

Just another of the many possibilities.

Interesting theory but how could JA take the pic and hold the gun as well?

I still am going with JA being as angry as heck, because Travis was moving on from her and no matter how much sex she gave him, he still was moving on and heading to Cancun WITHOUT her.

JA is all soft spoken and weeping on the stand but I am so sure she was a very scorned lover and pissed as heck that her relationship with Travis was only for sex.

to the thread. Although this thread will be ending very soon.

To Mar, can you post the link to the new thread HERE once you make it so if I am not right on in the a.m. I can come here and find the NEW thread. THX.

KAR

Old 02-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #3267
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post

1. Today if I heard her correctly she said that her intent was not to shoot him just scare him? When she did shoot him then he was really mad and went crazy. Did I hear that right? YES, JA stated that she has no idea how her hand even got on the trigger but it did and she shot him BUT she thought she shot the WALL. Yes, she then testified that Travis was now raging mad and she thought it was because she put a hole in his wall.

2. I missed the beginning so at any point did she state where she got the gun? Like out of a drawer or on a dresser? What about the knife? Did she say where that came from. JA testified today for the first time that the gun belonged to Travis and was in his closet on a top shelf.

3. Did I read somewhere that Travis's body was in the room for awhile and his roommate never knew? Where was the roommate when this all went down I believe all the roommates were away when this happened. JA thought to take the key to Travis' bedroom and after stuffing his body in the shower, she closed and locked the bedroom door. Hence, when roommates returned they thought he was already in Mexico.

Thanks!!

OK, how did I do, everyone????

KAR

Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #3268
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post

1. Today if I heard her correctly she said that her intent was not to shoot him just scare him? When she did shoot him then he was really mad and went crazy. Did I hear that right?

2. I missed the beginning so at any point did she state where she got the gun? Like out of a drawer or on a dresser? What about the knife? Did she say where that came from.

3. Did I read somewhere that Travis's body was in the room for awhile and his roommate never knew? Where was the roommate when this all went down

Thanks!!
1) She said that if someone held a gun on her, she would stop so that's what she expected...that he would stop.
2) She claims it was Travis' gun and that she had seen it when she cleaned his closet one time, and it was on the shelf. The knife was somewhere nearby after Travis has used it to cut the rope to tie up Jodi for sex.
3) I think Travis' body was there for 4 or 5 days before it was found. Don't know where the roommates were the whole time, or the day of the murder. Did I hear the A/C had been turned up? Anyway, I lived in a roommate situation for about 8 months after college...we were 4 professionals who traveled at times, and otherwise really didn't spend time together. And food left in the fridge and garbage not put out was an issue, and we were 3 women and one man. Several guys living together probably ignored a lot, like an odor. How many roommates were there?? One said that laundry had been done the day before the murder, so when Travis was found and the police searched the house, the sheets were still in the dryer and the other items in the washer, including the camera.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #3269
MaryAnnDVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
To Mar, can you post the link to the new thread HERE once you make it so if I am not right on in the a.m. I can come here and find the NEW thread. THX.
Yup, that's how I do it. I will post in HUGE letters the link to the new thread, and in the new thread I will post a link to this thread so it's easy to go back to and read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
OK, how did I do, everyone????
Excellent!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #3270
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

another day come and gone
Bet cross is not till monday...

All I remember from today

She shot him first (which is opposite of med examiner), but did not know if she hit/killed him
He screamed hed kill her After she shot him ???.
She got a paper cut and it hurt her really bad.......so no suicide..
its all about Her image, concerns and worries, not appearing remorseful.
The sisters crying today, broke my heart, I hope they know that so many people are aching for them and their loss.

its all so sickening

Thanks for the Link again Lorimay, Ive book marked it this time ..atleast think I did

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: