Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #61
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

I heard from a bus driver that this board was making a come back

I enjoy coming here and lurking and seeing everything........ now Walts frozen head that was but I printed it and and posted it all around my house and I can now live with the fact that out in Ft Wilderness is Walts head in a huge ice cube .
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #62
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron View Post
Yes we found out. But he had to return to his home world when the mother ship came back!!
Aha! I knew it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #63
YoHo
If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm glad that I looked in today. I used to love this forum and the characters that posted here. It was usually frustrating and sometimes downright maddening but it was also always interesting.

Did anyone ever find out who Another Voice was? I remember how much fun it was to conjecture about that.
Yes and no.

Some of us met him. Those same someones hung out with him in real life a couple times. We know his name, at least the name he gave us .

Critical thinking about Disney at
www.july171955.com

"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
YoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
we know his name, at least the name he gave us
Perfect!!!

For the best "Disney Education" on the web go to: http://www.july171955.com/

Long live the Pirate!!
DVC-Landbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #65
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Glad I was able to start a thread with no fighting, flaming or attacks (so far). Lol!
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #66
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
I heard from a bus driver that this board was making a come back
Perfect!! The best rumors have always started with the bus drivers. Unfortunately, they NEVER pan out!! So it looks like this board will NOT make a come back!!

Now!! Who wants to talk about Pre$$ler!!!???

Long live the Pirate!!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
sgtdisney
DIS Veteran

Fun thread, lots of names from the distant past!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #68
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrittb00 View Post
One problem is that this forum is read a lot less than say the Theme Park Stradegies forum, so may people will simply post there to get more exposure.

Another problem is that so often I've seen people get attacked for having an opinion on a rumor. The attackers will say something like "don't complain about something that isn't official yet", or "why don't we all just wait until it is official before we complain", etc. Getting attacked for having an opinion get old after a while.

I agree.

On occasion what I posted was right, though unpopular with the Precious Pixie Pushin' Playtime Pals (actually said with affection!!!)

Was torn apart none the less. Gets old.

I greatly miss the old voices....who could say exactly what I was thinking but so much better than I could ever attempt.

Finally, for us, the view from inside has few Pixie Playtime Pal moments and it just wears you down. DH has only 2 years before he can take early retirement and luckily is part of a Disney Pension Plan which is funded thanks to his strict union. It will be a long 2 years.

2013 begins with more belt-tightening company wide. Sigh. 33 years--many changes!
Mouseaholic!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #69
Faldred
DIS Veteran

1) There aren't a whole lot of "secrets" any more. Disney seems to float ideas via rumor all of the time, and it's pretty easy to tell what's really being considered vs. what's just thought up by somebody most of the time.

2) There isn't going to be a 5th major gate at WDW or a 3rd US Disney location for any time in the foreseeable future. The economics are completely against it. So any such rumors are automatically shut down and ignored because there's no "there" there.

3) Disney runs so many discounts and promotions these days that discussing upcoming (and rumored) promotions is pretty redundant and uninteresting.

So, as far as news goes, when there is truly news -- and in the rare cases of unexpected news -- this board is pretty active and the discussion flies freely. The Lucas deal and Avatar land announcements are two great examples. Announced expansions are discussed (e.g., FLE), but the discussions get worn out well before the projects are completed.

For rumors, so many of the fall into #1, #2, or #3 above, that they're immediately dismissed. Most "I heard a CM/bus driver say..." rumors aren't worth the electrons it takes to display them. So most of the interesting rumors come from other websites, and it's often just as easy to go there than to read it here.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #70
DVC-Landbaron
What Would Walt Do?

Quote:
For rumors, so many of the fall into #1, #2, or #3 above, that they're immediately dismissed. Most "I heard a CM/bus driver say..." rumors aren't worth the electrons it takes to display them.
So has it always been.

That's why back in my time on this board we discussed philosophy. Both business and Disney. And how, if ever, they could exist as one. I always thought they could because Walt made it work and kind of showed us how. But it does fly in the face of most business school, sharp pencil guys!!

Long live the Pirate!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #71
WDWHound
DIS Veteran

Wow, lots of familiar names from way back when on this thread. I used to love hanging out here.

WDWHound
"Im not the hound they think I am at all, no no no no. I'm a rocket hound. Rocket Hound, burning out a fuse up here alone" (Elton John, sort of)
WDWHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #72
WDWHound
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Landbaron View Post
Now!! Who wants to talk about Pre$$ler!!!???
Shhhhh, don't say his name or he might reappear!

WDWHound
"Im not the hound they think I am at all, no no no no. I'm a rocket hound. Rocket Hound, burning out a fuse up here alone" (Elton John, sort of)
WDWHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #73
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

well I can say that it is a project of the DIS to get the rumor board some more activity and have a centralized location for both news and rumors. The rumor blogs have helped drive traffic here as has moving the boards up the order on the main DISboards directory. It takes time to bring something back from the dead. There has actually been a noticeable increase in traffic to these boards, so it's working but it just takes time. Also I'm happy to be quite involved but I was REALLY busy the last couple months preparing for a major move and trying to enjoy my last days in Orlando. Now I'm settled in cold, boring Wisconsin so I'm confident I'll be stirring the pot a bit more

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #74
YoHo
If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

I rebookmarked the page, so I may be willing to come in a stir the pot.

Critical thinking about Disney at
www.july171955.com

"That's why I love Walt Disney. It costs $100,000 to build a spire you didn't need. The secret of Disney is doing things you don't need and doing them well and then you realize you needed them all along." - Ray Bradbury
YoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #75
Peter Pirate 2
I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I still have Disney hope
What happened to Peter Pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoHo View Post
I rebookmarked the page, so I may be willing to come in a stir the pot.
You must be bored dude.
Peter Pirate 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: