Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #811
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
OOC: Speaking of classes, these are the ones I currently have on my list of classes:

*English
*Social Studies/History
*Power/Combat
*Science
*Math
*PE
and study hall, but I'm not sure if that counts.

Now we could have things like music and art and theatre and other languages, but it's a bit of a stretch that Professor Collins can teach all the academic classes as well as PE, without adding in the fine arts.

So, I don't know. Do you guys want classes for that? There's twenty students, so I don't think extracurricular activities(other than saving the world) and clubs are even relevant. Maybe if you guys wanted to bring in professors as well, then it might be a good idea to at least think about.But by no means am I forcing you guys to do anything. If you guys really want to do that, then we could talk about it.
OOC: I don't really think whole classes are needed for those, but maybe their could be a multipurpose room of sorts, where there is art supplies, instruments, ect., so students can use them/teach others but their wouldn't be a whole class devoted to it. I don't know, just a random idea.
soccer_mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #812
disneygirl520
Disney, where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Daniel: Daniel noticed River looked a little bit sadder than she had previously. He set down the guitar and moved over to sit beside her. "Hey, you all right?" he asked, concerned.
River: "Yeah, I'm fine" she said partially lying "It's just....well have you ever...ever wondered what your life would be like if one certain event didn't take place." she said still looking down.

Join me for my first PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158958
disneygirl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #813
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
OOC: I don't really think whole classes are needed for those, but maybe their could be a multipurpose room of sorts, where there is art supplies, instruments, ect., so students can use them/teach others but their wouldn't be a whole class devoted to it. I don't know, just a random idea.
OOC: I think this is a good idea. I don't think full classes are necessary, I think there will just end up being too many classes, and it would get too complicated.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #814
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: "Yeah, I'm fine" she said partially lying "It's just....well have you ever...ever wondered what your life would be like if one certain event didn't take place." she said still looking down.
Quote:
OOC: I think this is a good idea. I don't think full classes are necessary, I think there will just end up being too many classes, and it would get too complicated.
OOC: I like that idea too. So we'll do that.

Daniel: Daniel was quiet for a while. Finally, he said, "Yeah, I do. Sometimes, I wonder what my life would have been like if my father hadn't taken the job that makes us move every six months, more or less, when I was four, and we had stayed in my hometown and, you know, been a regular family. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if a lot of other things that happened didn't. But at the end of the day, they did happen, and all you can really do is move forward. Sometiomes I wonder what I would be like if I hadn't gotten powers. But then, I wouldn't be here on this couch sitting next to you, would I?" He turned and smiled at her. "Guess these powers are good for something, eh?" he joked.

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Fairywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #815
disneygirl520

Quote:
OOC: I like that idea too. So we'll do that.

Daniel: Daniel was quiet for a while. Finally, he said, "Yeah, I do. Sometimes, I wonder what my life would have been like if my father hadn't taken the job that makes us move every six months, more or less, when I was four, and we had stayed in my hometown and, you know, been a regular family. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if a lot of other things that happened didn't. But at the end of the day, they did happen, and all you can really do is move forward. Sometiomes I wonder what I would be like if I hadn't gotten powers. But then, I wouldn't be here on this couch sitting next to you, would I?" He turned and smiled at her. "Guess these powers are good for something, eh?" he joked.
River: "That's true, for the first time ever I'm glad I have powers. But, the event I was talking about is...." She looked around everyone seemed out of earshot, and Max didn't seem to be paying attention. What she was about to say was something she only wanted Daniel to hear. when she felt it was safe she spoke again "my parents. Everyone says they were killed in a car accident but ever since I was little I have thought they died because of an incident using their powers. I was only a few months old when they died. I don't remember anything about them. I was at my grandma's the day they died and that's where I've been ever since. But Daniel, i could have been a big sister, I could have embraced my powers rather than hiding them, I could have had a childhood, I could have climbed trees, played instruments, go on vacations. Daniel, I could have had a family." She said slowly so she would be able to finish her sentence without letting herself lose herself to tears.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #816
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
River: "That's true, for the first time ever I'm glad I have powers. But, the event I was talking about is...." She looked around everyone seemed out of earshot, and Max didn't seem to be paying attention. What she was about to say was something she only wanted Daniel to hear. when she felt it was safe she spoke again "my parents. Everyone says they were killed in a car accident but ever since I was little I have thought they died because of an incident using their powers. I was only a few months old when they died. I don't remember anything about them. I was at my grandma's the day they died and that's where I've been ever since. But Daniel, i could have been a big sister, I could have embraced my powers rather than hiding them, I could have had a childhood, I could have climbed trees, played instruments, go on vacations. Daniel, I could have had a family." She said slowly so she would be able to finish her sentence without letting herself lose herself to tears.
Daniel: Daniel sat and digested that. Finally, he said in a low voice so only she could hear, "I'm sorry you lost your parents, if that's worth anything. I guess that could be likely. Powers aren't exactly the safest things in the world. And that's true, there are some things you missed out on. But, doesn't your grandmother have pictures of your parents, at least? Letter, postcards, anything? Anyway, I'm sorry you never got any of that. And if there was some way I could go back in time and fix things for you, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I don't have time traveling powers. But I will always be there for you, no matter what. You ever need a shoulder to a cry on, or a friend to talk to, I'm your guy, even if I have to teleport across oceans."

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #817
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

Daniel: Daniel sat and digested that. Finally, he said in a low voice so only she could hear, "I'm sorry you lost your parents, if that's worth anything. I guess that could be likely. Powers aren't exactly the safest things in the world. And that's true, there are some things you missed out on. But, doesn't your grandmother have pictures of your parents, at least? Letter, postcards, anything? Anyway, I'm sorry you never got any of that. And if there was some way I could go back in time and fix things for you, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I don't have time traveling powers. But I will always be there for you, no matter what. You ever need a shoulder to a cry on, or a friend to talk to, I'm your guy, even if I have to teleport across oceans."
River: "well, my grandmother, my dads mom, was never a very big part of their lives, not because she was cruel or anything, but my dad was proud of his powers, his mother wasn't. He was one of six children and the only one with powers. she was always so afraid that he would get hurt with his powers. I guess when my Father married my mother, someone else with powers, my grandma wasn't. She knew that any hope of his powers just fading out of the picture was gone, she knew that any children he would have would probably have the powers, and she was right. She's spent her whole life trying to protect me so I don't have an accident like my parents." all of this River knew from things her grandmother had told her, but of course her grandmother told it in a different way. "I've seen a few school pictures of my father, but none of my mother. I'm sure my grandmother had letters, pictures and all sorts of stuff. But she thinks she is keeping me safe by not showing me, in case I got the idea to go on adventures like my parents."

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #818
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Nate: Nate yawned. His research was slow going, and pretty boring. But, unlike usual homework, he felt that it was going to help him in the long run. The more he knew about his powers, the better. Nate got through the G's, only reading animals that seemed interesting, and writing down even less. He learned that giraffes are the animals that need the least sleep, between 10 minutes and 1 hour and 30 minutes a day. That could come in handy, he thought. And I can start working on that tonight. Nate then decided to take a break. He got up, stretched, and went to check out the book.

Margo: Margo got up and rejoined the rest of the students. She could tell that Daniel and River were talking about something serious by their facial expressions, so decided not to bother them. Instead, she sat on another couch and began her homework.
soccer_mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #819
Fairywings

Quote:
River: "well, my grandmother, my dads mom, was never a very big part of their lives, not because she was cruel or anything, but my dad was proud of his powers, his mother wasn't. He was one of six children and the only one with powers. she was always so afraid that he would get hurt with his powers. I guess when my Father married my mother, someone else with powers, my grandma wasn't. She knew that any hope of his powers just fading out of the picture was gone, she knew that any children he would have would probably have the powers, and she was right. She's spent her whole life trying to protect me so I don't have an accident like my parents." all of this River knew from things her grandmother had told her, but of course her grandmother told it in a different way. "I've seen a few school pictures of my father, but none of my mother. I'm sure my grandmother had letters, pictures and all sorts of stuff. But she thinks she is keeping me safe by not showing me, in case I got the idea to go on adventures like my parents."
Daniel: Daniel listened as River described her past. Maybe he was wrong, but something seemed a little off. "It sounds like your grandmother has tried to do the best for you. Do you - do you know if it was an accident? Because, I mean - do you ever wonder if they were super heroes, ones that died in battle? I guess that's nice tht you've seen a few photos of your dad. But, it sucks that she won't show you that stuff. I know that it's going against her, but do you think maybe you should look for stuff of them anyways? I mean, they're your parents, you should have the right to know. And I'm pretty sure we're going to have a lot of adventures this year."

Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #820
Fairywings

Quote:
Nate: Nate yawned. His research was slow going, and pretty boring. But, unlike usual homework, he felt that it was going to help him in the long run. The more he knew about his powers, the better. Nate got through the G's, only reading animals that seemed interesting, and writing down even less. He learned that giraffes are the animals that need the least sleep, between 10 minutes and 1 hour and 30 minutes a day. That could come in handy, he thought. And I can start working on that tonight. Nate then decided to take a break. He got up, stretched, and went to check out the book.

Margo: Margo got up and rejoined the rest of the students. She could tell that Daniel and River were talking about something serious by their facial expressions, so decided not to bother them. Instead, she sat on another couch and began her homework.
Max: Max decided to go make sure her blade was still there under her pillow. She had suddenly got worried River had seen it. She had to make sure it was still there. If Max didn't punish herself........the consenquences would be far, far worse than Max could imagine, to the point that this would probably be nothing in comparison. But of course, she couldn't make it seem like she was sneaking out, or someone would follow her. Max got up and walked right out of the room, purposely not hiding the fact she was leaving.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #821
disneygirl520

Quote:

Daniel: Daniel listened as River described her past. Maybe he was wrong, but something seemed a little off. "It sounds like your grandmother has tried to do the best for you. Do you - do you know if it was an accident? Because, I mean - do you ever wonder if they were super heroes, ones that died in battle? I guess that's nice tht you've seen a few photos of your dad. But, it sucks that she won't show you that stuff. I know that it's going against her, but do you think maybe you should look for stuff of them anyways? I mean, they're your parents, you should have the right to know. And I'm pretty sure we're going to have a lot of adventures this year."
River: "I'm not sure that it was an accident, I suppose they could have been superheroes. Do you think they could have been? I've tried a few times to find the pictures, but each time my grandmother has found out, and grounded me threatening that it I ever looked again she would have no choice but to kick me out. I don't know anyone else in my family Daniel, I would be homeless. I think it is an empty threat, I think she cares about me to much to ever do it, but what if, I certainly don't want to risk that." then a thought occurred to her. Her eyes shout open and she looked directly at Daniel. "If my parents were superheroes, wouldn't they be in books here!! I could find them in the books, I could learn about them! I could learn where my powers came from!"

Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #822
Fairywings

Quote:
River: "I'm not sure that it was an accident, I suppose they could have been superheroes. Do you think they could have been? I've tried a few times to find the pictures, but each time my grandmother has found out, and grounded me threatening that it I ever looked again she would have no choice but to kick me out. I don't know anyone else in my family Daniel, I would be homeless. I think it is an empty threat, I think she cares about me to much to ever do it, but what if, I certainly don't want to risk that." then a thought occurred to her. Her eyes shout open and she looked directly at Daniel. "If my parents were superheroes, wouldn't they be in books here!! I could find them in the books, I could learn about them! I could learn where my powers came from!"
Daniel: "I'm pretty sure they could've been heroes. You did say your father was proud of his powers. I'll help you look if you like."

Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #823
disneygirl520

Quote:

Daniel: "I'm pretty sure they could've been heroes. You did say your father was proud of his powers. I'll help you look if you like."
River: "Would you!? Can we start looking know!?" River couldn't believe she hadn't thought of this before.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #824
Fairywings

Quote:
River: "Would you!? Can we start looking know!?" River couldn't believe she hadn't thought of this before.
Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Of course! I'll just put my guitar away and I'll help you look." He got up off the couch and put the guitar and music safely away into the case, being very cautious.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #825
disneygirl520

Quote:

Daniel: Daniel smiled. "Of course! I'll just put my guitar away and I'll help you look." He got up off the couch and put the guitar and music safely away into the case, being very cautious.
River: River practically ran to a huge shelf of books, and then she froze. "Daniel, where do we start?" she asked completely puzzled.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: