Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #736
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll View Post
Jack: Jack looked at the professor shocked but continued to stay silent not wanting to look like a crazy man shouting and jumping aorund or anything weird like that.

Alex: Alex looked at her shocked but said loudly,"Superman and The Flash came to this school?! The same school I'm in? I think I'm going to pass out." She looked around hoping she wasn't the only one freaking out but honestly didn't care if they all thought she was weird, amazing superheroes went to her school!
Professor Collins: The professor smiled. "Yes ma'am. I've ran this school for several years, and taught more than those two, but yeas, they are two of my more famous students."

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
River: River looked around at everyone else in the room, they all stood in their own, and yet Daniel and herself were completely linked together, yet, she didn't care, for the first time she didn't care about being different. River looked up and whispered "Daniel" getting his attention "thank you for always being there."
Daniel: Upon hearing his name, he looked down at River. After listening to her, he smiled warmly. "It's what I'm here for," he whispered back. "You ever need me, don't hesitate to tell me." Daniel would be there for River and his friends. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post
Margo: Margo had never really paid attention to the news, but she had heard of Superman. It was pretty amazing. "Wow. Just wow. I can't believe this. Superman has been in this room. Do you think you can get him to guest speak or something?" Margo laughed, knowing these hero's all lead way to busy lives to talk to some kids.

Nate: As Collins listed the superhero's Nate's jaw opened wider and wider. "They all went here? I had no idea!" Nate suddenly lost all bitterness he still had towards his mom for sending him here. This has got to be the coolest school ever.
Professor Collins: Professor Collins smiled. "My students love to visit me, even the very busy ones. And I usually try to have a guest speaker at least once a year. Some of my students even volunteer. I check my email every evening, so I see who's interested and arrange a good day. So, we'll see who comes out this year. On guest speaker days, usually they talk in the morning, then we break for lunch, and then they come down here and give people pointers."
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #737
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings
OOC: I would use one of your characters for the demonstration, but it's just more convenient for me to use Max.

Professor Collins: "So today, what you're going to do is I'm assigning you two practice dummies. The dummies will be assigned your file, so they can't be set on anyone else. What you'll have to do is out run, outsmart or outfight your dummies into defeating them, using your abilities. Once you defeat one, it'll fall down for ten seconds, then pop back up again. Once you defeat a dummy three times. they'll go down and stay down. There will be a 0, 1, 2 or 3 on the head of each dummy for how many times you've knocked them out. So......" Professor Collins' gaze swept around the room, deciding who she would use as an example. "Max, I'll use you as an example. Come here please."

Max: Max went over to Professor Collins, not knowing what to expect.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins took Max's hand and led her out into the gym to a pair of dummies. When she spoke, the students found they could here her just as clearly. "Now, Maxine here has the ability to shapeshift, or to change her whole appearance to look like someone else. She can even copy their voice. So, Max, if you could demonstrate for us."

Max: Max sighed, one of her secrets was already blown. Max willed herself to change forms, she grew in height and aged until she was a complete copy of Professor Collins. "She can even copy their voice," Max repeated, her voice for the most part sounding exactly like Professor Collins', but occasionally dipping back into Max's voice.

Professor Collins: "See? But that is simple. Now, what if Max, say, was in trouble, being chased, and so had to change into a loved one of whoever was chasing her? But then, she couldn't be that person because that person was an enemy of the person in front of her? Max would have to do very quick, very accurate changing. Let's try it." A few seconds later, and the dummies began projecting images of people at a very fast rate.

Max: Max instantly recognized the challenge and tried to copy as many people as she could. As she went on though, the picture reel went faster, so Max would be halfway finished portraying one person before she had to switch to the next.

Professor Collins: The professor let it go on for a few more moments before saying, "Right, Zephyr, that's enough." Instantly, the dummies stopped flashiong images and turned off completely. As Max turned back into herself, Professor Collins led her back into the room with the rest of the students. "Right. Now, I'll be walking around the room if you need help. Any questions?"
Alex: Alex watched Max impressed but felt nervous not knowing if she could actually do it. "Um yes. How the fudge monkeys am I supposed to be able to fight a dummy?" She sighed and got ready to use her powers hoping she could control at least one.

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #738
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Alex: Alex watched Max impressed but felt nervous not knowing if she could actually do it. "Um yes. How the fudge monkeys am I supposed to be able to fight a dummy?" She sighed and got ready to use her powers hoping she could control at least one.
Professor Collins: "Well, let's think about this. Your power is manipluating the elements. So, think about water. Why don't you take your kareoke machine into the tub with you when you take a bath? Think about earth. Rock beats scissors. You could make it like a giant game of rock, paper, scissors. Think about fire. What does fire do to things? Think about air. What wind storm do you know of that ravages towns and cities in the Midwest and South? Think about it." Professor Collins gave her hints but didn't spell it out for Alex, hoping she would come to the conclusions, and therefore solutions, Professor Collins wanted her to realize.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #739
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:

Professor Collins: "Well, let's think about this. Your power is manipluating the elements. So, think about water. Why don't you take your kareoke machine into the tub with you when you take a bath? Think about earth. Rock beats scissors. You could make it like a giant game of rock, paper, scissors. Think about fire. What does fire do to things? Think about air. What wind storm do you know of that ravages towns and cities in the Midwest and South? Think about it." Professor Collins gave her hints but didn't spell it out for Alex, hoping she would come to the conclusions, and therefore solutions, Professor Collins wanted her to realize.
River: As River listened to professor Collins helping others she began to feel even less confident, "but I can only control water,how can I possibly defeat a bad guy with that?"
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #740
jessidoll

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:

Alex: Alex thought about what she was saying for a moment then nodded when she thought she understood. "Alright, thank-you professor. I think I may understand."

Ooc: That terrible time when your WiFi goes out and you have to type from your phone. -_-

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #741
jessidoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520

River: As River listened to professor Collins helping others she began to feel even less confident, "but I can only control water,how can I possibly defeat a bad guy with that?"
Alex: Alex looked over at River Nd could tell she wasn't very confident so she tried to help. "Water can be very powerful. If you're near the ocean you could use the water to pull a villain into the ocean or you could freeze the water and turn them into sharp ice cycles to keep the villain against a wall."

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #742
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll

Alex: Alex looked over at River Nd could tell she wasn't very confident so she tried to help. "Water can be very powerful. If you're near the ocean you could use the water to pull a villain into the ocean or you could freeze the water and turn them into sharp ice cycles to keep the villain against a wall."
River: Still clinging to Daniel River nodded as Alex spoke, she knew what she was saying was true, but she just couldn't picture herself using her power and making those things happen.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #743
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Quote:
Alex: Alex thought about what she was saying for a moment then nodded when she thought she understood. "Alright, thank-you professor. I think I may understand."

Ooc: That terrible time when your WiFi goes out and you have to type from your phone. -_-
Professor Collins: Professor Collins smiled at Alex.

OOC: That sucks.

Quote:
Professor Collins: Professor Collins nodded. "What Alex said. Also, if it helps, the dummies are made of metal."

"So, if you're ready, head on into the gym and find a pair of dummies."

Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #744
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
[COLOR="sienna"]

Professor Collins: Professor Collins nodded. "What Alex said. Also, if it helps, the dummies are made of metal."

Nate: Nate found two dummies, and stood next to them. He wasn't sure what to do or where to start. He'd been listening, but nothing seemed to make sense. He decided to wait and see what others did.

Margo: Margo made her way to Alex and smiled. "Ahh, this is nerve wracking! I'm not sure if I'll even be able to beat a dummy! Do you think they adjust to our skill level or something? This is some amazing technology."
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #745
jessidoll

Quote:

Professor Collins: Professor Collins smiled at Alex.

OOC: That sucks.

Alex: Alex smiled and walked into the gym finding herself dummies to use. She hoped she would be able to use more than fire, it would be amazing to finally get to use air on command.

Ooc: ikr. I hate posting from my phone, I can't use colors plus its harder for me to type the right words.

Jack: Jack walked in the gym finding his own dummies and began to think of ways he could fight them.

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #746
jessidoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

Nate: Nate found two dummies, and stood next to them. He wasn't sure what to do or where to start. He'd been listening, but nothing seemed to make sense. He decided to wait and see what others did.

Margo: Margo made her way to Alex and smiled. "Ahh, this is nerve wracking! I'm not sure if I'll even be able to beat a dummy! Do you think they adjust to our skill level or something? This is some amazing technology."
Alex: Alex smiled back at her,"I know! I'm not even sure I can beat one either, I might just throw fire at them and hope for the best! I'm not sure, but they shoukdn't be too hard on us. We're just starting out."

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #747
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

Quote:
Alex: Alex smiled and walked into the gym finding herself dummies to use. She hoped she would be able to use more than fire, it would be amazing to finally get to use air on command.

Ooc: ikr. I hate posting from my phone, I can't use colors plus its harder for me to type the right words.

Jack: Jack walked in the gym finding his own dummies and began to think of ways he could fight them.
Daniel: Daniel let go of River but took her hands in his, in an attempt to get her attention. "Are you ready to go in there?"

Max: Max went back into the gym, and over to the dummies she had just used. She figured she would have to outsmart them in order to defeat them.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins went onto the computer and began typing. "I'm placing all the dummies on the beginner level."

OOC: Once I turn on the dummies, you control your own.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #748
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Alex: Alex smiled back at her,"I know! I'm not even sure I can beat one either, I might just throw fire at them and hope for the best! I'm not sure, but they shoukdn't be too hard on us. We're just starting out."
Margo: "I think that would work. Fire generally does destroy things!" Margo laughed. "I'm not sure what I'll do. If by defeating it, Collins means getting by it, I can do that pretty easily by flying. But, if we actually have to, you know, stop it, I'm not so sure. I'm no good at the trapping aspect of my power yet." It was helping Margo to talk her plans out.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #749
jessidoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

Margo: "I think that would work. Fire generally does destroy things!" Margo laughed. "I'm not sure what I'll do. If by defeating it, Collins means getting by it, I can do that pretty easily by flying. But, if we actually have to, you know, stop it, I'm not so sure. I'm no good at the trapping aspect of my power yet." It was helping Margo to talk her plans out.
Alex: Alex smiled,"Well it would be cool if I could use one of the other elements too because Ive never actually used them on purpose. As for your flying and stopping the dummy you could always fly high in the air and fly back kicking the dummie in the back hard getting it down." She heard Professor Collins and smiled,"Thank goodness we're on beginner."

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #750
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Daniel: Daniel let go of River but took her hands in his, in an attempt to get her attention. "Are you ready to go in there?"

Max: Max went back into the gym, and over to the dummies she had just used. She figured she would have to outsmart them in order to defeat them.

Professor Collins: Professor Collins went onto the computer and began typing. "I'm placing all the dummies on the beginner level."

OOC: Once I turn on the dummies, you control your own.
River: River avoided looking up at Daniel while he held both of her hands and spoke to her. She didn't want him to she her face which would completely reveal that she was not in fact ready. "yeah," she said "I'm ready." she slowly let go of his hands and made her way into the gym taking each step with caution. Her mind was racing what if she got hurt! what if one of her friends got hurt! what if Daniel got hurt!! For some reason thinking about Daniel possibly getting hurt worried her more than if she herself would get hurt. Daniel was the only thing that seemed safe to her, so if Daniel wasn't safe, she didn't know what to think. She slowly took the last few steps and stood in front of her two dummies, she looked around the room one more time and spotted Daniel, he looked much more confident than she was. She gave him a quick nod to let him know that she was in fact ready.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: