Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #3271
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Toby: Toby felt sick, after hearing this he understood why Max acted the way she acted and why she said the things she said. When she had finished he said "the cut you told me you got during combat class" it made more sense now as to why she got so defensive when he had asked about it. He paused and then looking down said "we have to tell someone about this."
Max: Max nodded. "Yeah, I lied. Sorry, but my survival came first. I'm a good liar, I taught myself to lie really well, I'm good at acting. I tell more lies than truths these days, that is if I can't keep people away." She paused, and grew horrified at what he said last. "No, you can't!" she almost yelled hysterically. "No one can know, no one can ever know!" The she grew almost angry. "That is the exact reason why I keep this from everyone. Don't you understand what would happen if this got out?! I told you, I have no family apart from my dad! First off, my dad would get in trouble, he might even get discharged and stripped off his rank, or worse, get into legal trouble! The media, they would eat this up! We would be splattered all over the news for months! Meanwhile, gone would be my funds for boarding schools and the roof over my head! I'd be shoved in a foster home or an orphanage somewhere, probably even farther rom my home or my birth town where my mom is than I am now! I'd have to go to public school, which I haven't attended since first grade! I'd have to wait it out until I was 18 and scramble for scholarships, because I would no longer be able to join the military and get my college paid for, my current plan, because of my dad getting caught, and if you think anyone would adopt me, you're so wrong! I have a record that people run away screaming from, it's hard enough to get into school!" Max stopped ranting abruptly and took a deep breath. "The same thing will happen if my dad dies in battle, except for the news and the military part," Max continued in a calmer voice, "and I am still in danger of that. I. Can. Not. Lose. Him. Whatever's been in the past, I can not lose my father. That is why I can't tell anyone, River is not telling my secret, and you will not tell anyone either."
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Old 06-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #3272
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey View Post

Margo: At Alex's encouragement, Margo continued. "Well, you should know my family is very poor. My parents had low paying jobs and with four kids to feed, it was tough. Sometimes we would eat barely anything for days at a time. Anyway, my brother got an apendicitis. Medical fees are so high, so my dad borrowed money from some not so good people. A loan shark or the mafia or something. I'm not exactly sure. Later, he couldn't pay it off." Margo got teary. "They were going to kill him. Just like that. He was smart though. He told them he had powers, and could help them out. They made my dad do some bad things. And my dad did them, all because he loved us. Then, one day, a job went wrong. The person he was supposed to get money from shot him." Margo took a long pause, collecting herself. "My dad was a good man." Margo wanted to make this very clear. "Then, my mom started to do drugs and drunk to escape the pain." This part was almost more painful for Margo. Her dad had fought for them and her mom had given up. "So that's why I got so mad at Max. I know a single moment, like borrowing money or in my mom's case, taking a drink, can change everyone's life forever. Life is not something to take for granted." Margo looked at Alex, wondering what she would think.
Alex: Alex frowned sadly listening to Margo. When she finished Alex sighed quietly," You're dad was a great man. If he was willing to do those things for his family he really was great. I'm sorry about him passing away and your mother." Alex paused and tilted her head," But I have a question. If your mom is...busy, who takes care of your brothers an sisters?"

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #3273
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post

Max: Max nodded. "Yeah, I lied. Sorry, but my survival came first. I'm a good liar, I taught myself to lie really well, I'm good at acting. I tell more lies than truths these days, that is if I can't keep people away." She paused, and grew horrified at what he said last. "No, you can't!" she almost yelled hysterically. "No one can know, no one can ever know!" The she grew almost angry. "That is the exact reason why I keep this from everyone. Don't you understand what would happen if this got out?! I told you, I have no family apart from my dad! First off, my dad would get in trouble, he might even get discharged and stripped off his rank, or worse, get into legal trouble! The media, they would eat this up! We would be splattered all over the news for months! Meanwhile, gone would be my funds for boarding schools and the roof over my head! I'd be shoved in a foster home or an orphanage somewhere, probably even farther rom my home or my birth town where my mom is than I am now! I'd have to go to public school, which I haven't attended since first grade! I'd have to wait it out until I was 18 and scramble for scholarships, because I would no longer be able to join the military and get my college paid for, my current plan, because of my dad getting caught, and if you think anyone would adopt me, you're so wrong! I have a record that people run away screaming from, it's hard enough to get into school!" Max stopped ranting abruptly and took a deep breath. "The same thing will happen if my dad dies in battle, except for the news and the military part," Max continued in a calmer voice, "and I am still in danger of that. I. Can. Not. Lose. Him. Whatever's been in the past, I can not lose my father. That is why I can't tell anyone, River is not telling my secret, and you will not tell anyone either."
Toby: Toby forced himself to stay calm "I can't promise that" he said almost waiting for her to yell again. "this is wrong Max. This is not okay, and it can't stay a secret. I understanding you think you know what's best. But I really think what's best is to tell an adult. We don't know how to handle something like this, we need help" he said keeping his voice calm.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #3274
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll View Post
Alex: Alex frowned sadly listening to Margo. When she finished Alex sighed quietly," You're dad was a great man. If he was willing to do those things for his family he really was great. I'm sorry about him passing away and your mother." Alex paused and tilted her head," But I have a question. If your mom is...busy, who takes care of your brothers an sisters?"
Margo: Margo was relieved that Alex understood that her dad wasn't a bad person because he did bad things. When her little siblings were brought up, Margo bit her lip. They were a tender spot. "Well, I did, before I came here. I left them with my aunt, my dad's sister. She's great, and dosen't mind taking care of them, but I still feel guilty about it. Their little, and have been so much, and now it looks like their big sister doesn't want them either." Margo was now struggling to keep it together.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #3275
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

Quote:

Margo: Margo was relieved that Alex understood that her dad wasn't a bad person because he did bad things. When her little siblings were brought up, Margo bit her lip. They were a tender spot. "Well, I did, before I came here. I left them with my aunt, my dad's sister. She's great, and dosen't mind taking care of them, but I still feel guilty about it. Their little, and have been so much, and now it looks like their big sister doesn't want them either." Margo was now struggling to keep it together.
Alex: "You shouldn't feel guilty at all, it isn't your job to watch over them in the first place. You're siblings know you love them if you watched over them. They know you love them," Alex said with a small smile.

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #3276
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Toby: Toby forced himself to stay calm "I can't promise that" he said almost waiting for her to yell again. "this is wrong Max. This is not okay, and it can't stay a secret. I understanding you think you know what's best. But I really think what's best is to tell an adult. We don't know how to handle something like this, we need help" he said keeping his voice calm.
Max: Max looked like she'd been slapped. She'd been refused by her father millions of times, but she had always been able to count on people she could consider a friend, or a classmate. Cautiously, she said, "You don't get to make that decision. The only reason I told you, the only reason you and River know, is because you both caught me and trapped me in a corner and there wasn't another way out. I let you know, I let you advise me, but you do not get to make decisions for me. You claim that we need help. By saying that, you claim that I don't know what I'm doing, I can't handle this on my own, that I'm going into this like I don't have a plan and I haven't thought through the very few options that I have. And that is very wrong. I know what I'm doing. It's just a few more years until I'm 18. Once I'm 18, I'm free. I have been doing this since I was eight, I can hold on for just a few more years. And really, I could make this so much easier on myself if I didn't make trouble. But then, how would I cope? I'm not going to do this to myself every other night," she said, gesturing to her arm, "I'm not that stupid. And confiding in someone like a therapist would be risking everything, and would also be majorly stupid. The plan is to persevere, because I know I can. Besides, the one good thing that comes out of Dad leaving is he'll be too preoccupied to deal with me, so I'll have a break for however long he's over there. As for handling this on my own, I have handled Dad since I was four. Ten years or so. You don't think I can handle it? Well, maybe you can't handle it, but all you have to do is keep your mouth shut. I told you my plan. And I've worked through other options many a school night when I've lain awake in my bed, unable to sleep. You think I haven't thought about telling? But every time I analyze it, I come up with the same answer, the one that I already told you about in that rant. The only other option, other than keeping the secret, is suicide, and I'm not going to kill myself just because Dad has issues. That's probably one of the most stupid things I could do." She paused to let that sink in. "Look, if you aren't going to not tell for me, at least keep it quiet for River. She's innocent, but the court could charge her if this got out and they knew she was involved, and I truly hate myself for involving an innocent girl who just cares too much for me."
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family

Old 06-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #3277
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max looked like she'd been slapped. She'd been refused by her father millions of times, but she had always been able to count on people she could consider a friend, or a classmate. Cautiously, she said, "You don't get to make that decision. The only reason I told you, the only reason you and River know, is because you both caught me and trapped me in a corner and there wasn't another way out. I let you know, I let you advise me, but you do not get to make decisions for me. You claim that we need help. By saying that, you claim that I don't know what I'm doing, I can't handle this on my own, that I'm going into this like I don't have a plan and I haven't thought through the very few options that I have. And that is very wrong. I know what I'm doing. It's just a few more years until I'm 18. Once I'm 18, I'm free. I have been doing this since I was eight, I can hold on for just a few more years. And really, I could make this so much easier on myself if I didn't make trouble. But then, how would I cope? I'm not going to do this to myself every other night," she said, gesturing to her arm, "I'm not that stupid. And confiding in someone like a therapist would be risking everything, and would also be majorly stupid. The plan is to persevere, because I know I can. Besides, the one good thing that comes out of Dad leaving is he'll be too preoccupied to deal with me, so I'll have a break for however long he's over there. As for handling this on my own, I have handled Dad since I was four. Ten years or so. You don't think I can handle it? Well, maybe you can't handle it, but all you have to do is keep your mouth shut. I told you my plan. And I've worked through other options many a school night when I've lain awake in my bed, unable to sleep. You think I haven't thought about telling? But every time I analyze it, I come up with the same answer, the one that I already told you about in that rant. The only other option, other than keeping the secret, is suicide, and I'm not going to kill myself just because Dad has issues. That's probably one of the most stupid things I could do." She paused to let that sink in. "Look, if you aren't going to not tell for me, at least keep it quiet for River. She's innocent, but the court could charge her if this got out and they knew she was involved, and I truly hate myself for involving an innocent girl who just cares too much for me."
Toby: Toby felt his stomach turning. He nodded, What Max was saying made sense, but he knew that in good conscience he had to tell professor Collins. He knew she thought she was handling it, but from his perspective cutting herself and even thinking about suicide as an option was not handling it. He didn't know what would happen if he told but he had to. He just felt like he did. He didn't want to be made the bad guy, and he didn't want to get Max or River in trouble. But Max's father was abusive, and that shouldn't go unnoticed. Toby didn't know what to say he couldn't lie and say he wouldn't tell since he wasn't sure if he would yet. Then he finally said "I'll think about it" in a low voice and added "I'm really sorry", and he really really was.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #3278
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessidoll View Post
Alex: "You shouldn't feel guilty at all, it isn't your job to watch over them in the first place. You're siblings know you love them if you watched over them. They know you love them," Alex said with a small smile.
Margo: Margo managed a smile. Although Alex hadn't completely convinced her leaving her siblings was ok, she had made it much better. "Thank you." She said with a raspy voice. Margo lay against the pillow. She began to wonder about Alex's own family and why they hadn't been there tonight. But, Margo wasn't one to pry. Alex would open up when she was ready. "With the fight, then the fireworks, and now telling my life's story for the first time ever, I'm spent." Margo got under her covers and turned out the lamp by her bed. "Goodnight."

OOC: My posting will be very limited for the next two weeks, with a Disney trip and a trip to Kentucky, but I'll try to get on when possible
Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #3279
Fairywings

Quote:
Toby: Toby felt his stomach turning. He nodded, What Max was saying made sense, but he knew that in good conscience he had to tell professor Collins. He knew she thought she was handling it, but from his perspective cutting herself and even thinking about suicide as an option was not handling it. He didn't know what would happen if he told but he had to. He just felt like he did. He didn't want to be made the bad guy, and he didn't want to get Max or River in trouble. But Max's father was abusive, and that shouldn't go unnoticed. Toby didn't know what to say he couldn't lie and say he wouldn't tell since he wasn't sure if he would yet. Then he finally said "I'll think about it" in a low voice and added "I'm really sorry", and he really really was.
Max: Max bit her lip. She didn't like this answer, but she figured it was the best she was going to get tonight, and that was clear on her face. "I know. Look, I beg you to consider carefully the situation. I know it's not perfect, I know this isn't the ideal situation, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm sorry I put you in a hard position like this. That's why I've always tried to be alone, why I push people away. I try to spare them. I've been doing good, it's only here that I've made mistakes. But please consider. You can even discuss this with River if you want. Just know that I am going to act on what I think is best for me. I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to hurt anyone, you are all innocent in my book, but know that I will do everything and anything to keep things the way they are." She held his gaze for a minute. There was no threat in her eyes, but her eyes were determined, resolved. "Thanks for helping calm me and all of that," she continued in a lighter tone, hugging him with her uninjured arm. Glancing at her cut arm, she sighed. "I have to go clean off the evidence. Gosh, this was stupid of me." She glanced at Toby, and said, "What? Dude, if my life is going to be like a detective tv show case, I should at least be able to joke like it is. The jokes and mischief are my antidepressants. Seems like laughter really is the best medicine." Max chuckled to herself, knowing Toby would be scandalized at her making fun, or light, of her situation. "Seriously though, we should head back to the school."

Old 06-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #3280
Fairywings

Quote:
Margo: Margo managed a smile. Although Alex hadn't completely convinced her leaving her siblings was ok, she had made it much better. "Thank you." She said with a raspy voice. Margo lay against the pillow. She began to wonder about Alex's own family and why they hadn't been there tonight. But, Margo wasn't one to pry. Alex would open up when she was ready. "With the fight, then the fireworks, and now telling my life's story for the first time ever, I'm spent." Margo got under her covers and turned out the lamp by her bed. "Goodnight."

OOC: My posting will be very limited for the next two weeks, with a Disney trip and a trip to Kentucky, but I'll try to get on when possible
OOC: All right.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #3281
disneygirl520

Quote:

Max: Max bit her lip. She didn't like this answer, but she figured it was the best she was going to get tonight, and that was clear on her face. "I know. Look, I beg you to consider carefully the situation. I know it's not perfect, I know this isn't the ideal situation, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm sorry I put you in a hard position like this. That's why I've always tried to be alone, why I push people away. I try to spare them. I've been doing good, it's only here that I've made mistakes. But please consider. You can even discuss this with River if you want. Just know that I am going to act on what I think is best for me. I don't want to hurt you, I don't want to hurt anyone, you are all innocent in my book, but know that I will do everything and anything to keep things the way they are." She held his gaze for a minute. There was no threat in her eyes, but her eyes were determined, resolved. "Thanks for helping calm me and all of that," she continued in a lighter tone, hugging him with her uninjured arm. Glancing at her cut arm, she sighed. "I have to go clean off the evidence. Gosh, this was stupid of me." She glanced at Toby, and said, "What? Dude, if my life is going to be like a detective tv show case, I should at least be able to joke like it is. The jokes and mischief are my antidepressants. Seems like laughter is the best medicine." Max chuckled to herself, knowing Toby would be scandalized at her making fun, or light, at her situation. "Seriously though, we should head back to the school."
Toby: Toby looked at Max feeling horrible already. "you're welcome" he said awkwardly letting her hug him but not really hugging back then he said "and, as much as I absolutely hate the situation you've put me in I'm still glad I found you" he knew it was better than her being by herself to tear up her skin. When she joked about hiding the evidence it was as if she could read his mind, he couldn't believe she was making jokes about something so serious. He put his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes, bringing his hands down he said "yeah", and stood up knowing they should go back into the school.

OOC: is Toby telling River he knows, or is Max telling River?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #3282
Fairywings

Quote:
Toby: Toby looked at Max feeling horrible already. "you're welcome" he said awkwardly letting her hug him but not really hugging back then he said "and, as much as I absolutely hate the situation you've put me in I'm still glad I found you" he knew it was better than her being by herself to tear up her skin. When she joked about hiding the evidence it was as if she could read his mind, he couldn't believe she was making jokes about something so serious. He put his hands up to his face and rubbed his eyes, bringing his hands down he said "yeah", and stood up knowing they should go back into the school.

OOC: is Toby telling River he knows, or is Max telling River?
OOC: I figured Toby would tell River, that way if you don't want to type it out, you could just say that they went and had a private word then came back, because they are both your characters.

Max: Max made her away from the cliffs and carefully through the trail. Once they were on the beach, Max glanced back at Toby and offered him her hand. "Come on, we need to get back quickly. I want to clean this off and go to bed and the sooner we get there, the less likely we'll be noticed." If and when Toby took her hand, she would tear off towards the school, stopping only when she found her shoes. "So that's where they went," she said.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #3283
disneygirl520

Quote:

OOC: I figured Toby would tell River, that way if you don't want to type it out, you could just say that they went and had a private word then came back, because they are both your characters.

Max: Max made her away from the cliffs and carefully through the trail. Once they were on the beach, Max glanced back at Toby and offered him her hand. "Come on, we need to get back quickly. I want to clean this off and go to bed and the sooner we get there, the less likely we'll be noticed." If and when Toby took her hand, she would tear off towards the school, stopping only when she found her shoes. "So that's where they went," she said.
OOC: okay

Toby: Toby looked sharply at Max's outstretched hand, he was annoyed. Earlier Max had basically told him that he took life for granted and didn't appreciate what he had, then she put him in this situation leaving him with a tough choice and talked to him like he had no respect for her, and didn't care about her. Before he had let this go knowing she was upset but now he didn't like how she was suddenly being friendly and acting like she was trying to help him. "fine" he said "go ahead. I'm not stopping you" he said with frustration in his voice. With that he took off running towards the school.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #3284
Fairywings

Quote:
OOC: okay

Toby: Toby looked sharply at Max's outstretched hand, he was annoyed. Earlier Max had basically told him that he took life for granted and didn't appreciate what he had, then she put him in this situation leaving him with a tough choice and talked to him like he had no respect for her, and didn't care about her. Before he had let this go knowing she was upset but now he didn't like how she was suddenly being friendly and acting like she was trying to help him. "fine" he said "go ahead. I'm not stopping you" he said with frustration in his voice. With that he took off running towards the school.
Max: Max ran off, but not after him. She grabbed her shoes, finding them,. and went inside, shaking her head. Boys would be boys, and Max knew in that moment that he was probably going to choose to tell, and he was probably going to hurt her. If this was the case, she wouldn't be able to stay. And Max had been hoping to work on her powers. She went into the manor and went upstairs. She locked herself in the dorm bathroom and washed her arm, then pulled out the first aid kit.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3285
disneygirl520

Quote:
Max: Max ran off, but not after him. She grabbed her shoes, finding them,. and went inside, shaking her head. Boys would be boys, and Max knew in that moment that he was probably going to choose to tell, and he was probably going to hurt her. If this was the case, she wouldn't be able to stay. And Max had been hoping to work on her powers. She went into the manor and went upstairs. She locked herself in the dorm bathroom and washed her arm, then pulled out the first aid kit.
Toby: Once Toby reached the school he stopped running before going inside. He caught his breath and then sighed. Once entering the building he looked around, knowing he was not going to be able to sleep without resolving this somewhat he wanted to find River, and at least do that much that Max had asked.

River: River still wore her dress but had taken off her shoes and scarf. She sat with Daniel smiling, glad he was treating her like a girlfriend again.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: