Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Tower of Terror 2013 - So confused!

Printed our waivers for the WDW half this morning. Second page is a list of all the upcoming RunDisney races - showing ToT to be held on Sept 27-28 2013.

Then I printed the Final Race Instructions - where it lists ToT to be Oct 2013.

Which is it? Anyone know?

There is an Air Force 1/2 Marathon in September that for today only, there is a $10 off special. If the ToT is in Sept, we'll pass on the Air Force. If it's in Oct, we'll do the Air Force one too. Grrrrrr...
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

I do not think anyone outside of runDisney knows at this point in time. The September weekend date has been published several times; however, the October placeholder is the most recent date published. I would normally say the original date of September would be accurate, but last year Disney changed up the fall season with the addition of the ToT and moving of the W&D. I would bet that the race folks are reviewing the heat issues with the 10-miler and attempting to determine if a move should occur. Obviously this decision comes too late for your discount.

Sorry a long was of saying I don't know
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
I do not think anyone outside of runDisney knows at this point in time. The September weekend date has been published several times; however, the October placeholder is the most recent date published. I would normally say the original date of September would be accurate, but last year Disney changed up the fall season with the addition of the ToT and moving of the W&D. I would bet that the race folks are reviewing the heat issues with the 10-miler and attempting to determine if a move should occur. Obviously this decision comes too late for your discount.

Sorry a long was of saying I don't know
Thanks Coach. This is what I suspected. Nuts...going to have to err on the side of caution and take a pass on the Air Force/Ohio run until we see how these dates all play out.
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

I'm all for October. In fact, I want it to happen while DH and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary at the world (10/17-10/20/13). I mean, NOTHING is more romantic than running a 10 mile race together!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal
Printed our waivers for the WDW half this morning. Second page is a list of all the upcoming RunDisney races - showing ToT to be held on Sept 27-28 2013.

Then I printed the Final Race Instructions - where it lists ToT to be Oct 2013.

Which is it? Anyone know?

There is an Air Force 1/2 Marathon in September that for today only, there is a $10 off special. If the ToT is in Sept, we'll pass on the Air Force. If it's in Oct, we'll do the Air Force one too. Grrrrrr...
I hope they figure it out soon! I like to plan thru work.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
Thanks Coach. This is what I suspected. Nuts...going to have to err on the side of caution and take a pass on the Air Force/Ohio run until we see how these dates all play out.
The Air Force half was one of those races I did this past year...cool...what they do before they race starts. I mark it in my book as a 'checked' and done that.
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofeygirl

The Air Force half was one of those races I did this past year...cool...what they do before they race starts. I mark it in my book as a 'checked' and done that.
Dates just announced - Oct 4th - 6th.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Was kind of hoping the Oct 5th date wasn't it because I'm planning the Spartan Beast that weekend in Wisconsin.

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Mickeyfan74
Mouseketeer

I'm in for TOT!! The 5th is my b-day! Great way to spend it with the villians!! Had fun doing it last year.

Mickeyfan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
pirate
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the cost for the after party is for guests during the TOT 10 miler?
Thanks!

2004 CBR...2006 CBR....2007 BWV...2008 POFQ & DCL... 2009 CBR...2009 BCV...2010 ASSP...2011 ASSP & DCL...2013 CBR & DCL & ASMO...2014 CBR
pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate
Does anyone know what the cost for the after party is for guests during the TOT 10 miler?
Thanks!
From last year looks like it was $45-$55 depending on when you bought tickets. But since ToT prices are going up, these may too. Think W&D were more like $50-$60 but included a gift certificate.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

did anyone run last year? how did it work with getting guests into the after-party? it seemed to me that there wasn't a guarantee that you could get guests into the party? are you able to buy tickets for that when you register for the race? or do you have to get guest tickets at the expo?

i had thought about running it this year, but wanted to ensure my family could get into the after-party. if they can't be guaranteed a spot, then we'll just try to get tickets for the Sept 13 Villains' party instead.

TIA!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
McCoy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
did anyone run last year? how did it work with getting guests into the after-party? it seemed to me that there wasn't a guarantee that you could get guests into the party? are you able to buy tickets for that when you register for the race? or do you have to get guest tickets at the expo?

i had thought about running it this year, but wanted to ensure my family could get into the after-party. if they can't be guaranteed a spot, then we'll just try to get tickets for the Sept 13 Villains' party instead.

TIA!
Hi! Last year, tickets for the after-party were available well in advance of the party, and available I believe all the way up until the expo (I may be wrong on precisely when the party sold out though, it is possible it sold out within a week or two before the expo/event, but not much more than that to my recollection), but it was no problem getting tickets.

I believe the race registration itself opened up on a Tuesday in February, Valentines Day, actually, if I remember correctly. Separate party tickets were not available for purchase yet at that time, but became available for sale I would like to say in May or so, and as I mentioned, were available for months.

If you bought a ticket long enough in advance, an actual hard ticket (basically a plastic key card) was shipped, quite some time before the date of the race. I think we had our tickets by July or so, so we were actually overly-nervous about losing them beforehand!

Those with party tickets only (i.e. not running) were allowed entry into Hollywood Studios just about the time the race was starting or a little bit prior even - the race started at 10 PM, and I believe I recall by the time Corral A actually got going, my wife was texting me telling me that she was getting onto Toy Story about that same time.

So, my experience was that there was no problem getting a ticket to the after-party whatsoever if you planned on it in advance.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

thank you, McCoy!!!

now, to decide if we'd rather do the Sept 13 Villains' party of the TOT after-party! we're just coming for a short weekend and want to also do MNSSHP.

DD really wants me to get a TOT medal. but i don't know how i'll feel about dealing with a race and two parties on a long weekend trip.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
thank you, McCoy!!!

now, to decide if we'd rather do the Sept 13 Villains' party of the TOT after-party! we're just coming for a short weekend and want to also do MNSSHP.

DD really wants me to get a TOT medal. but i don't know how i'll feel about dealing with a race and two parties on a long weekend trip.
Just from my experience last year--the after party was super crowded! Granted, DH and I are slow runners, so we finished later than most, but it was sooooo crowded. We stopped by bag check and then got the heck out of there. There was no way I was gonna fight those crowds. With that said, this year could be very different, but if it were up to me, I would definitely go for the MNSSHP. We actually did MNSSHP the night after the race and it was so much more pleasant!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: