Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts

We are planning to be at the Poly for Ohana on Fri, the 23rd. Hoping for a late breakfast that day.

Congrats on the c25k... It's an awesome program - I tried it once. LOL And then the Dr. said no more running for me ever - since my knees are so bad. So, I've resorted to things with a lot less impact. It's always been my dream to run, but I've decided that I don't need to do everything I dream about - I'll just settle for doing most of it, at a slower pace.

So, how did you do with the non-Dis day??? Let me know how that works for you... It's been several years since I've skipped a day here.

D~
Hahaha...well I peeked on my phone a few times . Actually I sat with the August dates and a notebook at hockey practice tonight and made some headway. I'll type up my tentative itinerary tomorrow or Monday.

The 23rd is our move day...we will be checking out of the BC and heading over to the poly. You probably won't see us, but you may see our luggage .

Sorry about your knees. I have lower back problems so I'm going slow and steady on this. So far so good.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #32
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidsMom1820

Glad you are officially booked! cant wait to hear about your ADRs!!
Thanks! I am having a hard time narrowing them down!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #33
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Thanks! I am having a hard time narrowing them down!

How often to you like to do sit downs? I wish we could do more, but our oldest is HFA or as some refer to it, aspergers, and is extremely picky of new foods, and our toddler is "strong willed" and "active" most times we are happier to do quicker service options, tho I did book chef mickeys so far.... I should really start my own PTR shouldn't I?

Do your boys still like character interactions?

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #34
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidsMom1820 View Post
How often to you like to do sit downs? I wish we could do more, but our oldest is HFA or as some refer to it, aspergers, and is extremely picky of new foods, and our toddler is "strong willed" and "active" most times we are happier to do quicker service options, tho I did book chef mickeys so far.... I should really start my own PTR shouldn't I?

Do your boys still like character interactions?
We like to sit down to at least one full meal a day. When they were younger, we usually did a character breakfast every morning. Now they don't like getting up as early, which I have finally surrendered to...cranky tired teens are not fun, so we now alternate early days and maybe hit RD once or twice (mainly to hit TSM and the overall experience of RD at the MK). So that leaves us looking at dinners for most of our ADRs. We do a lot, but don't go commando where we need to be on the run all day. And we really do enjoy the experience of sitting down, regrouping and being served as opposed to eating on the run. If I were in your shoes, I would definitely do more QS and if I did TS, I would make it a buffet so you don't have to wait long for the food and there is usually the entertainment of the characters walking around so maybe that will appease your toddler

My boys are probably outgrowing the characters on some levels, but I still make them pose for pictures . Actually, my DS12 still loves them. And DS16 is moving into that age of having fun with them again. DS14 is just too for it all. He is actually the only one who has not submitted his request list to me. He loves Disney, but he's just happy to go and enjoy the parks and whatever we do, we do. But in general, I would say my kids are more Disney freaks and open to the silliness and fun of it all than most teens. Part of that is just the nostalgia of having done it their whole lives.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

I am here!!! Wow that is a great savings. I cant wait to here the good and the bad about the Poly since you will be there a month before.

Sounds great so far. Ohana and Cape May's are 2 of my favorite dinner places at Disney. Cant wait to hear what you will pick.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel
I am here!!! Wow that is a great savings. I cant wait to here the good and the bad about the Poly since you will be there a month before.

Sounds great so far. Ohana and Cape May's are 2 of my favorite dinner places at Disney. Cant wait to hear what you will pick.
Thanks for joining in! Cape May is a favorite of ours. I haven't eaten anywhere at poly in 13 years! I am looking forward to going back!

Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #37
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Ok in case you haven't seen this, this is an awesome tool to calculate your ADRs and decide if the DDP is for you. We will actually do better paying OOP based on this, which is what I thought being that we have several signature restaurants on our list.

Here's a video on how to use the table and the file. I saw this on another DIS post:

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDg...456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http://www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #38
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I have been ignoring this PTR for too many days and now I want to catch up! Ok, so first, I have super exciting news that I can't even believe I just did! Click here to see: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post47313001 It's post #63

Ahhhh....ok, next post is back to THIS trip

Old 01-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #39
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Ok, time to get back to planning this family-moon!

Just to recap, we are booked through ***, and I opted not to do CL at the BC for a number of reasons. The first being that in my reading up on the reviews of CL, it seemed like the BC one was among the less desirable...I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but "smaller" and "less" seemed to be the comparisons among the BC and the others, esp Poly, which seemed like a much better one. So, given that it will be the first few days of our trip and we will want to be on the go a bit more and we want to experience a number of Disney restaurants, I don't see us using it for more than breakfast and we could do five mornings of character meals for less than what it would cost us to go CL. Plus, after making the decision in my previous post I need to save that $$. And I plan to do that with a GG order to the BC. We did that last time and it saved time and money in the mornings and snack money (and time) during the days. If the kids want a Disney snack, it comes out of their own money.

Ok, so we are booked, air is bought, I can FINALLY see all of my reservations on My Disney Experience (ok, well the majority of the time it works) and we still have a few weeks to go until ADR time. Here is my thinking for our ADRs:

Day 1 (we arrive at MCO at 9:45 am):

Lunch: We will grab something wherever we are, probably try B&C and if no, HH, unless we head to a park first thing.
Dinner: Le Cellier or Via Naopli

Day 2:

Breakfast: in the room or we may grab something at the new bakery in France (is it still the Patisserie?)
Lunch: QS in Epcot - probably Sunshine Seasons since that is our fave. FW QS
Dinner: Flying Fish (DWI - not 100% we are going to do this yet) or dine around the world in WS

Day 3:

Breakfast: quick in the hotel
Lunch: Flame Tree
Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine in

Day 4:

Breakfast/Lunch - ? I am going to try to book the Wild Animal Trek this morning. It includes something to eat, so we wil probably eat in the room then head to AK.
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

Day 5:

Breakfast: Cape May
Lunch: QS at TL or BB
Dinner: Raglan Road

Day 6:

Breakfast - quick in the room
Lunch - 50's Prime Time
Dinner: ADR for BOG or QS in MK - probably CHH

Day 7:

Breakfast - Kona
Lunch - Capt. Cook's
Dinner- Ohana

Day 8:

Breakfast - in room or Capt. Cooks (I don't mind doing b'fast here...the BC MP is just so eh on breakfast)
Lunch - ? (Clara and I will be getting massages this morning at the GF, boys can go to whichever park they want and we will meet up with them, so QS somewhere)
Dinner - HDDR

Day 9:

Breakfast: in room or CC
Lunch: maybe Coral Reef - not set on this one yet
Dinner: ? again, not sure - maybe we will hop over to AK for dinner. I like spending one day until close over there...doesn't seem to be working this trip so far.

Day 10:

Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare
Lunch - QS in whichever park we are in - probably MK (may try for BOG if not too long of a wait)
Dinner - at MCO before boarding to go home - so

So, what do you think?

Last edited by momto3gr8boys; 01-26-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to add BOG!!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #40
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great and congrats on booking the other fantastic trip too. I am jealous...a bit.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #41
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Everything looks really awesome!

Congrats on the surprise! I hope you are able to pull it off!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #42
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
Your plans look great and congrats on booking the other fantastic trip too. I am jealous...a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Everything looks really awesome!

Congrats on the surprise! I hope you are able to pull it off!

D~
Thank you both! But I just realized that I completely left out BOG!! I like the looks of the lunch menu better than dinner, but I've read a few posts lately that have said the lunch line is a very long wait. Maybe I'll replace the Columbia Harbor House with a dinner ressie for BOG and we could do the CHH on our last day, or if I can't get the ressie for dinner, we could try on the last day. Fortunately I have older boys so I don't think anyone will be devastated, but it would be a shame to miss it.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #43
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

OMG that is going to be a great surpise. I was confused when you said that you were doing that in my PTR. I cant wait to hear about it!!!

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #44
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Ok, time to get back to planning this family-moon!

Just to recap, we are booked through ***, and I opted not to do CL at the BC for a number of reasons. The first being that in my reading up on the reviews of CL, it seemed like the BC one was among the less desirable...I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but "smaller" and "less" seemed to be the comparisons among the BC and the others, esp Poly, which seemed like a much better one. So, given that it will be the first few days of our trip and we will want to be on the go a bit more and we want to experience a number of Disney restaurants, I don't see us using it for more than breakfast and we could do five mornings of character meals for less than what it would cost us to go CL. Plus, after making the decision in my previous post I need to save that $$. And I plan to do that with a GG order to the BC. We did that last time and it saved time and money in the mornings and snack money (and time) during the days. If the kids want a Disney snack, it comes out of their own money.

Ok, so we are booked, air is bought, I can FINALLY see all of my reservations on My Disney Experience (ok, well the majority of the time it works) and we still have a few weeks to go until ADR time. Here is my thinking for our ADRs:

Day 1 (we arrive at MCO at 9:45 am):

Lunch: We will grab something wherever we are, probably try B&C and if no, HH, unless we head to a park first thing.
Dinner: Le Cellier or Via Naopli

Day 2:

Breakfast: in the room or we may grab something at the new bakery in France (is it still the Patisserie?)
Lunch: QS in Epcot - probably Sunshine Seasons since that is our fave. FW QS
Dinner: Flying Fish (DWI - not 100% we are going to do this yet) or dine around the world in WS

Day 3:

Breakfast: quick in the hotel
Lunch: Flame Tree
Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine in

Day 4:

Breakfast/Lunch - ? I am going to try to book the Wild Animal Trek this morning. It includes something to eat, so we wil probably eat in the room then head to AK.
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

Day 5:

Breakfast: Cape May
Lunch: QS at TL or BB
Dinner: Raglan Road

Day 6:

Breakfast - quick in the room
Lunch - 50's Prime Time
Dinner: ADR for BOG or QS in MK - probably CHH

Day 7:

Breakfast - Kona
Lunch - Capt. Cook's
Dinner- Ohana

Day 8:

Breakfast - in room or Capt. Cooks (I don't mind doing b'fast here...the BC MP is just so eh on breakfast)
Lunch - ? (Clara and I will be getting massages this morning at the GF, boys can go to whichever park they want and we will meet up with them, so QS somewhere)
Dinner - HDDR

Day 9:

Breakfast: in room or CC
Lunch: maybe Coral Reef - not set on this one yet
Dinner: ? again, not sure - maybe we will hop over to AK for dinner. I like spending one day until close over there...doesn't seem to be working this trip so far.

Day 10:

Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare
Lunch - QS in whichever park we are in - probably MK (may try for BOG if not too long of a wait)
Dinner - at MCO before boarding to go home - so

So, what do you think?
This all looks good. I really like day 8. A massage sounds so nice right now. I would love a hot stone massage.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #45
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
OMG that is going to be a great surpise. I was confused when you said that you were doing that in my PTR. I cant wait to hear about it!!!
Yes, I am hoping I can pull it off! There are a few issues at the moment already!

Issue #1 - The biggest obstacle is making sure Clara takes off from work I casually asked her the other day if she had made the May schedule yet (not a totally unusual request, but when asking that far out, I usually have a good reason). She had not, so I told her to take the 9th and 10th off. I reminded her the boys had off and it would be a good weekend to take a short trip or maybe take DS16 to see some schools, etc. I'm going to have to come up with something better than that though pretty soon Then I realized I need her to take Monday as well because even though we will be back late Sunday night, she always takes a day off after vacation. Ok, so I just told her since it was the day after Mother's Day I planned for us to go for massages. She'll use any excuse to go for a massage so that was easy. I also am going to call her partner to make sure she remains off for those days even if she doesn't see me planning anything and decides to put herself back on. The harder part is keeping her schedule clear at the hospital (she is a pediatrician and has her own office (that's the easy one) and she's also chief of pediatrics at a hospital near us (that's the hard one)). Her secretary at the hospital is not that good at keeping secrets, so I'm afraid to tell her I also have the slight issue of the 8th, which is when we are leaving, but she only works half days on Wednesdays, so theoretically that should not be an issue unless she schedules a meeting, but at that point I have a feeling I am going to have to spill something. Maybe not where but that we are actually leaving the house at 4:30 that afternoon (which also means I will need to pick up the boys and have them cancel whatever they have...they don't question stuff though so that should work).

Issue #2 - DS16's passport expired. It actually expired last year, but I decided to wait until he was 16 to re-new because we weren't going out of the country and when you renew at 15 it's only good for 5 years, but at 16 it's good for ten. So the other day he happened to have a random day off from school and I thought this is the perfect opportunity to get it done and we still have enough time. I dragged him out of bed and announced we were getting his passport renewed. He was not happy, but hey, he'll live. So I filled out the application online, printed it, made copies of what we needed, grabbed his old passport and dragged him off to CVS for pictures. They look like mug shot photos I was like you are going to totally regret that by the time you are 26. But he reminded me he won't still have his braces then and doesn't want to be a metal mouth for the next ten years (let's note that he has clear acrylic braces...whatever). So we got that done, headed off to the post office, and UGH, they were doing passports by appointment only. Grrrr....but the nice man there said that the post office at the mall does walk-ins. Ok, that's easy because I was going to drop him at the mall later that day to meet his friends anyway. Mind you he had not yet questioned why we must get this done that day. Easy peasy, he doesn't complain because we are going to the mall anyway, no biggie. Until Clara calls and says her partner is seeing the last few patients and she could come home early...and to wait for her to go to the mall. Ugh. Now I have to explain why I have all his passport info filled out and ready to go and I had not mentioned this to her at all. Fortunately I came up with a good excuse. Connor is starting to look at colleges (he's a junior). He has toyed with the idea of a Canadian school, esp. University of Toronto. So I said that since we may be visiting some schools upstate NY soon, it would be silly not to just continue on the hour into Canada and see some there. But we can't do that unless his passport was up to day and he happened to be off and yada yada yada. Ok, she bought that so we first headed to the post office when we got to the mall so he could go off and meet his friends. UGH! There was a huge line. I knew the first words out of her mouth were going to be, let's just make an appointment in town for when he's off on February break. And I was like, no, we have all the stuff, let's just wait and see how long this line is. After a 30 minute wait and an antsy wife and child, we finally got it. Phew!

Issue #3 - Packing in secret for them all...but I'm going to deal with that closer to May because there's no use in stressing if I spill the beans before then

I think that's all for now

As for the actual trip, the plan is to fly into MCO Wednesday night, and check into the Hyatt in the airport. I don't remember much about it from the last time we stayed there, but I do remember it being easy.

Thursday morning we will take Disney transportation to the port. It's a little more expensive than going a different way, but the porters will take our luggage from our rooms in the Hyatt and we won't have to deal with them again until we see them in our cabins. That was worth it for me. Then we will board the bus and head to PC! I am eligible for online check-in next week (90 day mark) so I am hoping to get an early boarding group.

I don't think we will do much in Nassau. We've done the dolphin swim and the straw market. Nassau isn't the greatest port - and we will have such limited time on the ship that I'd rather take advantage of that. Then Castaway Cay, which I can't wait for...praying for good weather! And then back home again. I am going to book a late flight out on Sunday so we can extend this very short trip a bit. I will rent a car at the port and go to DTD for the day and then head back to MCO to return it and fly home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
This all looks good. I really like day 8. A massage sounds so nice right now. I would love a hot stone massage.
LOL, I like day 8 too. And the really nice part is that this is the first trip I feel confident enough to let the boys go off on their own for a bit. We used to just take turns going to the spa, but this time we can enjoy it together and not rush so much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: