Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #31
higgy66
I have to force myself to go on Splash Mountain so the kids won't end up like me - a baby!

Can I join??

I only have 1/2 stone left to lose but it's always the last bit that's the hardest

I've been following the 2 day fasting diet since September and seem to loose about 1/2lb a week but at least it's coming off not going on!

To date I've lost 8lbs as I had 2 weeks of DDP during that time which was not good for the scales!

My weigh in is usually a Thursday mornings
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #32
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

I've gotten into the habit of having vegetable soup for lunch.

Nice and healthy and tasty.

I do have to have a bit of bread with it as I am super hungry otherwise, but I've changed my work snacks to banana and apple juice and sometimes a yoghurt with granola if I'm starving.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #33
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Well done on any losses this week so far!

I'm pleased to report I got on my scales this morning and I've lost 3lbs! I was super pleased, even though it's only week one for me and the majority will most likely be water loss.

Onwards and downwards I say! Good Luck to anyone yet to weigh in this week!
My loss has spurred me on now, must keep it up and going!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Can I join please?? I'm going to be fifty in November, and have decided that I'm not going to be fat and fifty!! Joining Slimming World tomorrow (lost 4.5st with them 3 years ago, let it all creep back on!!) Not going to let it happen again.
In reality, I need to lose 6st, but 4 is my target by November, then the other 2 later. Will see how it goes.
I'm not good at fitness - can't run, hate the gym, but am going to aim for 2 brisk 30 min walks a week for now. OH has downloaded Garmin Fit onto his phone for me.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #35
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee86 View Post
Well done everyone!!

Weighed in this morning and 0.5lbs down........was a bit disappointed but tbh honest sitting Uni exams until the 15th so Im totally out of any sort of routine and having ridiculous amounts of tea/coffee late in the evening. So im honestly not being very well behaved on my diet at the moment.
Roll on the 15th when I can get into a routine with getting out for walks etc.

But you know what, posting here is defo helping me to keep on track as I was so tempted to not even update/face the scales this week. knowing that that I really "had" to post here helped so much. Thanks guys
Well done on your 0.5lb loss, that's great considering you're probably so stressed at the moment Good Luck for your next weigh-in, and with your exams too

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgy66 View Post
Can I join??

I only have 1/2 stone left to lose but it's always the last bit that's the hardest

I've been following the 2 day fasting diet since September and seem to loose about 1/2lb a week but at least it's coming off not going on!

To date I've lost 8lbs as I had 2 weeks of DDP during that time which was not good for the scales!

My weigh in is usually a Thursday mornings
Off course you can join in too Janet. Yes that last half a stone can be a pain to shift, but slow and steady wins the race Good Luck with your next weigh-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
I've gotten into the habit of having vegetable soup for lunch.

Nice and healthy and tasty.

I do have to have a bit of bread with it as I am super hungry otherwise, but I've changed my work snacks to banana and apple juice and sometimes a yoghurt with granola if I'm starving.
It sounds like you've got into a healthy frame of mind Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Well done on any losses this week so far!

I'm pleased to report I got on my scales this morning and I've lost 3lbs! I was super pleased, even though it's only week one for me and the majority will most likely be water loss.

Onwards and downwards I say! Good Luck to anyone yet to weigh in this week!
My loss has spurred me on now, must keep it up and going!
Yay ! Well done Rachel, that's a great loss, keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Can I join please?? I'm going to be fifty in November, and have decided that I'm not going to be fat and fifty!! Joining Slimming World tomorrow (lost 4.5st with them 3 years ago, let it all creep back on!!) Not going to let it happen again.
In reality, I need to lose 6st, but 4 is my target by November, then the other 2 later. Will see how it goes.
I'm not good at fitness - can't run, hate the gym, but am going to aim for 2 brisk 30 min walks a week for now. OH has downloaded Garmin Fit onto his phone for me.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Welcome to our dieting thread Eliza. I'm the big 5 0 next January and plan to be the healthiest I've ever been, especially when I was at my worst for my 40th ! Good Luck at Slimming World, I hope you reach your target for November

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #36
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Back again. As I have a trip in 3 months I want to loose 10lb at least. Weighed in monday so will put result on next monday. Doing WW but from home as have all the stuff. Good luck everyone
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 AM   #37
mumloveseeyore
DIS Veteran

well i went back and had the dreaded weigh in!! i had gained 6lb since i left so back on the plan i go, healthier snacks and less picking between meals.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #38
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Back again. As I have a trip in 3 months I want to loose 10lb at least. Weighed in monday so will put result on next monday. Doing WW but from home as have all the stuff. Good luck everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumloveseeyore View Post
well i went back and had the dreaded weigh in!! i had gained 6lb since i left so back on the plan i go, healthier snacks and less picking between meals.
Good Luck to you both girls

Yay ! Life is finally back to normal for me, as my Zumba classes start back tonight, I can't wait

Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #39
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

I'm back on the diet too. I started 6 weeks ago but took some time off to enjoy Xmas and new year.
I'm also doing WW from home, managed to lose all my baby weight with them last time. This time I'm aiming to lose around 3 stone which is a combination of baby weight from my 2nd (now 13weeks) and I gained a lot of weight when I was in hospital with Sepsis as I was given Steroids.

So far I've lost 13lbs so nearly at my first 1stone I'm going to Centre Parcs for my birthday in Mid march so I would like to lose another stone by then. Hopefully off to WDW in Sept (have a Disney cruise booked) so want to be at goal before then.

Good luck to everyone else xx
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #40
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster
I'm back on the diet too. I started 6 weeks ago but took some time off to enjoy Xmas and new year.
I'm also doing WW from home, managed to lose all my baby weight with them last time. This time I'm aiming to lose around 3 stone which is a combination of baby weight from my 2nd (now 13weeks) and I gained a lot of weight when I was in hospital with Sepsis as I was given Steroids.

So far I've lost 13lbs so nearly at my first 1stone I'm going to Centre Parcs for my birthday in Mid march so I would like to lose another stone by then. Hopefully off to WDW in Sept (have a Disney cruise booked) so want to be at goal before then.

Well done laura. You can do it xxx
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #41
mandymouse

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post

Well done on losing nearly a stone so far Laura, you're doing so well Lots of Luck, and I hope you reach your goal for your Disney Cruise

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

My WW weight in today and I've lost 2 1/2 lbs, so that's the weight I put on over Christmas. Now to tackle the rest of the flab!

Pam
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #43
mumloveseeyore
DIS Veteran

well done Pam, i'm resisting the lure of chocolate and crisps so far!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #44
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

I've just had a packet of Wotsits! As long as I point them, I can have them.

Pam
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #45
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Doing well on Myfitnesspal .... under my limit for 3 days and tonight I am going to Zumba !!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: