Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
jtwibih
Mouseketeer

New to Disneyland - Please Help

Hello all,

My wife and I are planning a trip to DL in April and this will be our first trip. As of right now we are planning on staying in Disneyland Hotel. To be honest, I need all the help I can get. First off, when would potential discounts come out for April and what do they tend to be? We have been to WDW plenty of times and almost always use a code of some sort. We are looking at doing the 3 day meal plan too. Utilizing that meal plan, what restaurants would you recommend? Are there any special events or shows that you especially like. I know alot of this info is on the DL website but I'm looking for fans of the resort to give an opinion. We'll be there for 4 days so we think we could get a lot of stuff done in the 2 parks. Any advice would be great. Thanks so much!

JT

Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
LuvSnowWhite
Mouseketeer

I too am coming to DL in June of this year. I am a WDW pro but know very little about DL. Please all you pros who go to DL give us any tips.
If you have never been to DL before I would offer this bit of advice to you: It's not necessary to stay on site at DL as it is in WDW. Stay in a good neighbor hotel. Search on tripadvisor for any that you might like. Make sure it includes a free shuttle and make sure there are shuttles to the other parks you may want to go to (ie universal remember universal California also does not have harry potter section).
I also know that it's less necessary to get the dining plan at DL.
This is all I know about DL. I am still researching and need much more information.
I recommend you pick up the latest "unofficial guide to Disneyland" that would be your best book to get. I am going to get that as well.
As I am also just starting my research I haven't checked into the restaurants yet so I can't give any recommendations on that one.
They recently got a really good evening show (at California Adventure park) that is similiar to Fantasmic.
HTH and gives you a starting place for your own research. But peeps! we both still need some expertise from all you DL pros! thanks.
PS I prefer WDW.
Please note: my countdown ticker is wrong that was for last Sept~LOL I need to fix that.
LuvSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Try starting with this thread to see if it answers some of your questions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599

The Dining Plan at DLR is not a good deal like it is at WDW. It can actually cost you money since you won't receive any change if an item costs less than the voucher amount. Better to put money on a DLR gift card and use that as you go along. That way you won't lose any money and anything leftover on the card can be used for souvenirs or as seed money for your next trip.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I'd recommend that you both post in the Disneyland (California) thread, not the community board. You'll get the most attention and responses there!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
LuvSnowWhite
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dharmalou sorry I didn't realize we were on the wrong forum.
Thanks theluckyrabbit thanks for that awesome link it's a great starting point for both of us.
LuvSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: