Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

I am a little disappointed in the new discount

I know its a discount and better than none but I have all my notes from this year...

and first of all...the Jan-Mar 7 deal is way better since it includes dining

next....the package we had booked for April 2012 at GF was $400 cheaper than the one we are going to book now for 2013

and the original package for Sept 2012 we had booked was for BC included tix and was $400 cheaper than the pricing for same package in April 2013

we didn't take either of the previous trips we had booked...we changed to other destinations this year to save $$....can you believe it cost us less to go to HI in April than WDW was going to cost us.

I just can't believe how much prices have gone up. $498 a night for GF...wow.

I don't know how we ever afforded to go in the past 15 times...well...I do know...it was cheaper.

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
I know its a discount and better than none but I have all my notes from this year...

next....the package we had booked for April 2012 at GF was $400 cheaper than the one we are going to book now for 2013

and the original package for Sept 2012 we had booked was for BC included tix and was $400 cheaper than the pricing for same package in April 2013

we didn't take either of the previous trips we had booked...we changed to other destinations this year to save $$....can you believe it cost us less to go to HI in April than WDW was going to cost us.

I don't know how we ever afforded to go in the past 15 times...well...I do know...it was cheaper.
I can totally see what you are saying ... my wife and I dont think the GF or POLY etc are worth it either .... thats why we stay at moderates.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

I was pleased. We are "saving" $1100 on our BC trip in June. 30% was better than I was hoping for.
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
RainK
Mouseketeer

I hear ya. We have always gone only during free dining except 1 trip we did pay OP.
It's becoming unaffordable to go year after year. We really are hoping for an August 2013 trip but NEED either free dining or a significant room discount to book.
We went to Myrtle Beach last year because it was cheaper versus our annual Disney trip. I hope to get to WDW this coming year...NEED FREE DINING.

August 2013 Beach Club
August 2011 POP
May 2010 CBR
October 2008 ASMO
September 2006 & 2007 POP
Previous 2 visits off site
RainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
bonjovi
Mouseketeer

same here, we went to the poly in april 2012 and the same number of nights, with a change down in dining plan in 2013(from deluxe to plus)...will cost us more
bonjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
pepperw23
Ouch, my brain hurts now
Do you have socks I can borrow?
Now I just need imadork.com and I will be good to go

Disney has pretty much priced us out. It is sad becasue I never thought I would say that.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Me too I'm or I was -Not sure yet - planning 2 trips this year one in spring and one in fall and going moderate resort standar room, plus DP, tickets, airfare, tips etc will be around 10 grands. With that money I can go to Canada for 5 days (we will drive, so no airfares) and still have enough money left to take a trip to my home country (and I'm really home sick). I know is not Disney but the options look pretty good to me.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me

Last edited by Clamesa; 01-01-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainK View Post
I hear ya. We have always gone only during free dining except 1 trip we did pay OP.
It's becoming unaffordable to go year after year. We really are hoping for an August 2013 trip but NEED either free dining or a significant room discount to book.
We went to Myrtle Beach last year because it was cheaper versus our annual Disney trip. I hope to get to WDW this coming year...NEED FREE DINING.
I remember even before the discounts and FD promotions stared, going to the World was affordable. Now, We still can afford it but are wondering if want to expend that money in Disney. I mean there are a lot of other places to go. And take my word we LOVE Disney, but I love even more expending my money wisely .

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me

Last edited by Clamesa; 01-01-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wish I could feel sorry for you that you can't afford the GF. Welcome to the club!!!!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
Santa
DIS Veteran

We have been moderate peeps until this past November trip. We moved to a value resort to make it more affordable but came home very disappointed. I have felt since the time free dining appeared it would harm the quality & service of the sitdown restaurants and I believe it has happened as well as caused the room rates to increase to offset the cost of free dining.

We have annual passes and will make 2 more trips to the world before the AP's expire In November 2013. I can drive roundtrip for $200 from the southwest Ohio area. I have already reserved a 3 bedroom vacation home for our Easter trip. If the rates for a moderate are still outrageous then I will look offsite for our November 2013 trip as well. Disney will lower rates when they see they are loosing business to the off site resorts, hotels & vacation homes. There are a lot better vacation options for the cost of Disney.

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #11
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I wish I could feel sorry for you that you can't afford the GF. Welcome to the club!!!!

Oh that is so funny. But in all seriousness, Disney is getting a bit much. I have stayed at all levels of resort and even in the cheaper years it really is hard to justify a deluxe. While they certainly are nice, so are the Moderates and Values. And to be honest even though we chose a Mod for this next trip I am seriously struggling with the price tag.
As my kids age and we are in the parks longer and longer we will probably choose to stay off site or stay onsite but for 4 days instead of 7. So unfortunate.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
Kmygrl73
Mouseketeer

Before we were a family of 5, we mostly stayed at values and moderates sometimes deluxe and it was always affordable to us at least once a year if not twice!! Now we havent' been since 2010 and it is so not affordable anymmore. It is driving me crazy but planning a trip this April at POR and I guess it will just be every 2 years or so for us now. Disney used to be the cheapest vacation for us now we barely can manage it. So sad for people who love Disney so much!!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
LSUDis
DIS Veteran

While we are still going to WDW this summer, since there is no free dining or better discount, we are reducing the number of days that we are staying and not getting any dining plan.

We can't change the price of gas to get there. We can't change the price of tickets or rooms. The only thing that we can change is how long we stay and how/what we eat.
2003-CR, 2004-CBR and CR, May/June 2005--CR and POR, July 2006-CBR and Beach Club, December 2006--Wilderness Lodge, May/June 2007--CRTower and AKL, Nov. 2007--AllStar Sports, June 2008--Pop Century and AllStar Movies, December 2009--Wilderness Lodge, July 2010--CBR, Nov. 2010--Pop Century, May/June 2011--Pop Century, May/June 2012--Allstar Sports, May/June 2013--Pop

LSUDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

Despite what we are told we are dealing with major inflation, everything has gone up like crazy, including Disney. We just paid $210 for 3 of us to go to the Nutcraker and it lasts 2 hours including a 20 minute intermission, we used to spend a little more than $50 to go. I bought a Mustang in 1980 for $5500, bought one this year for $38,000, or I should say I'm paying the bank for it for the next 5 years. When we go to the beach we spend more now on groceries than we used to spend on the whole vacation. And Disney has gone up just like everything else, but for us it is still a good value for the amount of enjoyment, memories and entertainment that it provides us. Oh and our vacation starts the day after this promotion ends, so no discount for us!
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71 View Post

Oh that is so funny. But in all seriousness, Disney is getting a bit much. I have stayed at all levels of resort and even in the cheaper years it really is hard to justify a deluxe. While they certainly are nice, so are the Moderates and Values. And to be honest even though we chose a Mod for this next trip I am seriously struggling with the price tag.
As my kids age and we are in the parks longer and longer we will probably choose to stay off site or stay onsite but for 4 days instead of 7. So unfortunate.
Thanks I'll be here all week!
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: