Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #31
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Happy New Year!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #32
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Excited to hear about your plans... Maybe I can get some ideas from you

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 9 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 6 Kara DD 6
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #33
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year right back at you. I know you have alot on your plate going into 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfoot93 View Post
Joining in!

Excited to hear about your plans... Maybe I can get some ideas from you

Jackie
Great to have you here, Jackie!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #34
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

At Celebration VI we bought some officially licensed photographs from Official Pix. Once we find out which celebrities will be at SWW my dh wants to order pictures from here to be signed.

Last year we went with the pictures that Disney hands out at the M&G.

If Jake Lloyd or Jeremy Bulloch are there, we will be bringing pictures we have of them with Anakin instead of purchasing a picture. Our family just loves these two actors. Years ago we saw Jake Lloyd when Anakin was a baby. Seen him in passing other times. We stopped at his autograph session at C6 and we were so impressed with him. Jeremy Bulloch remembered us from SWW and was so much fun at C6. He spent some great quality time with us, and was very happy to sign a picture of he and Anakin. He joked that he must only have one shirt as he wore the same shirt for both meets.

SWW 2012

Celebration VI

SWW 2004

Not sure why I never downloaded the picture of us with him, but this was before we got our picture taken. We had stand by tickets. Back then, the tickets came from a FP machine back at Star Tours.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #35
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

100th Episode of Clone Wars Tomorrow!

For those who followed my TR from Celebration VI, do you remember when I mentioned that Dee Bradley Baker told Anakin a secret about one of his characters in Season 5? If not, let me jog your memory...

Telling the secret

He told my son that one of the clones is going rogue, he has amnesia and doesn't realize he is a clone. According to this article, which by the way has a great video on it, tomorrow is the episode that Anakin has been waiting for. Did he keep his secret? Yes, he did.

Clone Wars 100 Episode write up and video sneak peak

Congratulations Clone Wars on reaching your 100th episode. This is a huge milestone! We are very excited to see that you are switching networks too. Going from Cartoon Network to Disney XD gives great hope of seeing a season 6.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #36
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Every time we plan a weekend to Disney, a wrench gets thrown in. Usually it's dh getting called into work. Last time, it was dh fogetting to pack the suitcase into the car. This time the wrench was thrown in early.

I no sooner booked a mini-vacation for May 16 to 20th when I found out a couple days ago that Anakin's next play is May 16th. It's a good thing we live in central FL.

The original plan was to check into our resort right after dh got out of work on Thursday. Now he has to work until 10pm AND Anakin is in a production.

Now our plan will be for Anakin and I to check into the resort in the morning. Eat lunch. Head to the theater for dress rehearsal and pictures, and hang out at the theater until the evening performance. Then we head to the resort. DH will go straight from work and will probably get there before we do, especially if there is a cast party afterwards.

To add to these changes, Anakin might try out for Disney's Aristocats. So there may be play practice on Friday night. In which case, we would have to add in nap time too.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Love Come to the Dark Side.....We Have Cookies!

DD had pjs that said this and DS still has a shirt that has this saying on it also.

We usually go to Disney during SWW and around the same time you will be there. Sadly, we have to go the last 2 weeks of June instead. DS has Marching Bands commitments.

I have enjoyed reading your plans so far and about your family.

I will be reading along.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #38
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Love Come to the Dark Side.....We Have Cookies!

DD had pjs that said this and DS still has a shirt that has this saying on it also.

We usually go to Disney during SWW and around the same time you will be there. Sadly, we have to go the last 2 weeks of June instead. DS has Marching Bands commitments.

I have enjoyed reading your plans so far and about your family.

I will be reading along.

So glad you found the PTR.

Sounds like cute pjs. My dh has a shirt that says that. He always gets comments when he wears it.

Sorry you have to change weekends this year, but marching band is so rewarding. What does he do in the marching band?

We will be there parts of the last two weekends.

Last year we went most of the weekends and still didn't do everything. DS(8) has problems regulating his body temperature, and we had to do some creative cool downs for him thoughout the day.

We never made it to the parade, only watched it on JeffLange video. Hopefully this year we can work it out to get him to see the parade.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #39
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
So glad you found the PTR.

Sounds like cute pjs. My dh has a shirt that says that. He always gets comments when he wears it.

Sorry you have to change weekends this year, but marching band is so rewarding. What does he do in the marching band?

We will be there parts of the last two weekends.

Last year we went most of the weekends and still didn't do everything. DS(8) has problems regulating his body temperature, and we had to do some creative cool downs for him thoughout the day.

We never made it to the parade, only watched it on JeffLange video. Hopefully this year we can work it out to get him to see the parade.

He plays the trombone, He really loves it. He just completed the second season and I agree it is rewarding. They came in Third at State. My Husband and I volunteer as helpers for the Band so we travel with them.

I hope you make it to the parade this year and it works out. Creative Cooling, sounds like a good adventure.

I will continue to read along, thanks for welcoming me.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #40
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
He plays the trombone, He really loves it. He just completed the second season and I agree it is rewarding. They came in Third at State. My Husband and I volunteer as helpers for the Band so we travel with them.

I hope you make it to the parade this year and it works out. Creative Cooling, sounds like a good adventure.

I will continue to read along, thanks for welcoming me.

Trombone, that's great! So nice you and your husband can help and travel with them. Congratulations on 3rd at state. That's quite an accomplishment!

I'll have to talk about creative cooling, maybe it will help someone else, or better yet, maybe others can give me better ideas.

Feel free to comment and jump in at any time.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #41
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Rumor Alert!

So more and more today I am reading rumors about a Star Wars land going into Animal Kingdom. That would be so awesome!! If there's any truth to this rumor, what kind of creatures would you like to see?

Wampas? rancors? kaadu? eopie?

Last edited by lovethattink; 01-04-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: ETA kaadu
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #42
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hey! I'm in! Nice to meet a fellow geek mom! We have made that Wookie birdhouse too! From Bonnie Burton's craftbook, right? Looking forward to reading along!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #43
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hey! I'm in! Nice to meet a fellow geek mom! We have made that Wookie birdhouse too! From Bonnie Burton's craftbook, right? Looking forward to reading along!
Yes, it's great to meet another geek mom!

Yes, that's the book! We have made so many fun things in that book. My MIL even taught me how to crochet over Thanksgiving and I made the R2-D2 hat. Dh and Anakin have made the soap, the tissue box covers (even changing things up and made a wampa cover), finger puppets, the Yoda doll, the marble magnets, Han Solo in Soaponite, and t-shirt throw pillow. The only thing that didn't work at all was the snow globe. Every one we made leaked.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #44
Alysa
DIS Veteran

We've made the tissue cover and the planter. There are pics in out trip report. I am so in awe of you! I would love to learn the crocheting to make the hat for my new baby boy. Was it hard?!? That's a shame about the snowglobe. I've chatted with Bonnie on twitter - she's lovely!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #45
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post

We've made the tissue cover and the planter. There are pics in out trip report. I am so in awe of you! I would love to learn the crocheting to make the hat for my new baby boy. Was it hard?!? That's a shame about the snowglobe. I've chatted with Bonnie on twitter - she's lovely!
Very cool! If you chat with her again, ask what the secret is to keeping the snow globe lid sealed properly.

The first hat was very difficult. But since then I have made 7 and it's easy now. I put a picture of ds on facebook wearing his and friends asked me to make them for them for Christmas. I can make a hat in 2 days if I don't get too many interruptions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: