Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
angela25
Earning My Ears

New, TONS of questions...please HELP :)

Hello! We are just 3 months away from our big disney world family vacation! We rented a house 10 minutes from Disney, We have our 4 day park hopper passes and plan on taking a day to spend at Clearwater beach & taking a day to relax at the house (private pool) and have a BBQ. My questions are all Disney World related, here is a list of what I am looking to get mor info on:

-best character dining for family ranging in ages 2-75

-& when you reserve a character dining, do you have to pay in advance?

-what can.should we bring into the park with us

-MUST see attractions/rides

-Any Easter tips (we will be there for Easter)

-What do most little girls (ages 5 & 2) where to disney?

-Temp end of March/early April

-Fast Pass/ Character meeting tips

-ANY OTHER suggestions/tips you can give me are greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU
angela25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
janjandis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela25 View Post
Hello! We are just 3 months away from our big disney world family vacation! We rented a house 10 minutes from Disney, We have our 4 day park hopper passes and plan on taking a day to spend at Clearwater beach & taking a day to relax at the house (private pool) and have a BBQ. My questions are all Disney World related, here is a list of what I am looking to get mor info on:

THANK YOU
Quote:

-best character dining for family ranging in ages 2-75 Cinderellas Table verrry expensive, inside the castle, has some of the Princesses and can be hard to get
Crystal Palace(if you like Pooh characters) Chef Mickeys(if you want Mickey and friends) Crystal Palace is inside Magic Kingdom Chef Mickeys a very shrt monorail ride from Magic kingdom

Yes you do. They charge your credit card. Also there is a 10.00 a person charge if you don't show up

-what can/should we bring into the park with us? Bring water and beverages. Ponchos. Portable snacks for the kids.

-MUST see attractions/rides Everything you can fit in!!

-Any Easter tips (we will be there for Easter) They do not do anything for Easter in the parks except there is some merchandise for sale.

-What do most little girls (ages 5 & 2) where to disney? Most girls just wear jeans or shorts and tees. You will see lots of little girls in their princess costumes too.

-Temp end of March/early April You could get anywhere from 50 to 90 this time of year. Pack for both and be prepared in case of rain.

-Fast Pass/ Character meeting tips Buy an autograph book and a fat pen -easier for charcters to grip. These are for sale in ANY gift shop. Fast Pass- send one person with all the tix to get fast passes while everyone else rides something else. Fast passes are usually available about every 3 hours or at the start time of your first fast pass.

-ANY OTHER suggestions/tips you can give me are greatly appreciated! Have you looked at staying on site? disney has free dining at certain times and this will save you a ton of money!

THANK YOU
Hope this helps!
janjandis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
janjandis
DIS Veteran

Some good info here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3034265
janjandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:

THANK YOU
Hi,

Before I answer the questions about character meals, I would like to say that it is really important to book in advance. Character meals particularly are fully booked long before you travel (some are booked out 180 days before departure) so you really should get your reservation in ASAP.

The best character meal is largely a matter of opinion and who is in your party. Cinderella's Royal Table is great, but if you have boys, not so good. Hollywood & Vine is cute if you have little ones, not so good for older kids. It's all about the people in the party. My personal favourite which is somewhat neutral is Crystal Palace (Winnie The Pooh Characters). It's a buffet, the food has always been good and the character interactions are great too.

When you make a reservation or ADR, you give your credit card details to hold the reservation but you don't pay the full amount until the day. If you don't show up they take the deposit.

A good rule of thumb in the parks is take as little as you can get away with. You don't want to be carrying bags if you don't have to. It's not always possible to travel light especially if you have a little one that needs diapers etc.

We went at Easter but it was quite a few years ago. Temperature when we were there at Easter was 75 - 80.

Must see rides will depend on your party again and whether or not they are thrill seekers.

Make good use of FP. Especially for rides such as Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest, The Mountains and Test Track.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
SLamott1973
Earning My Ears

Easter week will be very warm and crowded look for Mr and Mrs Easter Bunny at MK near city hall at the front of the park! Make sure to take breaks and just enjoy the little moments.
I have boys but love seeing all the little girls dressed as their favorite princess..adorable! Youngest has a " bucket hat" for his wdw pins and for sun protection find one with the strap so if they take it off their head they can just wear it instead of you carrying it.

We've been to about all the character breakfasts with my 6 year old our favorites are chef Mickey's, Ohana, crystal palace, Cinderella royal table, cape may cafe

10/2014 Wilderness Lodge
11/2012 Wilderness lodge
4/2011 CBR
SLamott1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
SkipperJ
Earning My Ears

I know this wasn't one of your questions, but if you have time while you're in Clearwater Beach you should check out the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. If you've seen the movie Dolphin Tale, this is where Winter lives and you can go see her. Also if you're interested in marine life at all, they are a fully functioning marine rescue and rehabilitation hospital. The facility itself is fairly small. You can just about everything in about 2 or 3 hours.
SkipperJ is offline   Reply With Quote