Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #136
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanstout View Post
Hi everyone! So excited, we just booked!!! Has anyone been on the Christmas cruise before?
Welcome!

We have done a Christmas Cruise before. We love sailing during the holidays!!

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #137
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Need your names and likes (PM me)
disdadIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #138
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Sure! We we would love to do FE! Thanks for letting us join.

Any advise for the christmas cruise that differs from regular cruise?
Need your names and likes and facebook email (PM me)
Old 11-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #139
mbluvsthemagic2013
Earning My Ears

peterpanspout advice for the holiday cruise

Welcome! Get ready to enjoy the best holiday ever! Once you sail during the holidays you will want to do it again and again! It is our favorite! Think of a floating WDW or Disneyland holiday but a 100 times better.
mbluvsthemagic2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #140
mshalaw
Earning My Ears

Oh no. I haven't been on in over a month and can't believe that I might have missed the deadline for the FE. This is my family's first Disney cruise. I had no idea that the deadline would be two months before the cruise. Oh man I already ordered a fish extender.
mshalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #141
FellowCollector
Platinum Castaway, Bronze Latitudes, 12 Cruises, 2 Lines, 5 Ships

Disney Christmas Cruises

Quote:
Hi everyone! So excited, we just booked!!! Has anyone been on the Christmas cruise before?
We were on the Dream for Christmas 2011, and the Fantasy for Christmas 2012. The atriums were very pretty all decked out with garlands and a multi-story tree, which serves as a great picture-taking backdrop. Itís also fun to watch the Tree Lighting at least once during your cruise. Thereís even a decorated tree when you get off the ship at Castaway! We appreciated there was a midnight Eve service, and were especially thankful for the dedication of the many crew who even stayed up to attend. The lobby Gingerbread houses are amazing; itís interesting to read the ingredients list, and wonderful to smell every time you walk by! We also did the Free gingerbread decorating class on the Fantasy, which was messy, though fun, but kind of wasteful, as ours (and many others) ended up in the trash. You receive a special commemorative gift present in your cabin, too! There were other things we didnít participate in (such as stockings and characters in holiday dress pictures).
FellowCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #142
FellowCollector

Email 12/22 FE List Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
The Fish Extender List is closing November 1, 2013 at 12 noon central time. After that, you will not be able to join the Fish Extender group. Send me your name, room, ages, gender, and special notes ASAP. Facebook has the details. I know some of you are on private email with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowCollector View Post
Sounds good. Could you email me the list as it is now so I have an idea how much raw materials to order? I sent the email address to you via PM. I want to get started since you mentioned the list is getting quite large! Thanks!
Quote:
I'll get on it this weekend. It's been busy this week.
Completely understand; we were on the 10/25 2-day Magic launch, followed by a week at the parks (mostly for Food & Wine). So, last week was really busy catching up at work! We're ready to get into the Christmas FE mood, though, now. So, if you can find a quick minute to email the latest list, I'd appreciate it. Sorry for this extra step since we're not on FB. I'll also PM this message with the email to make it easier to find and get done. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #143
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

PETERPANSPROUT - I need your real information.
-Sean
Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #144
FellowCollector

12/22 FE List Count Request

Can anyone tell us how many cabins are on the FE list? We're not on FB, and haven't received the email attachment yet. Our information should be included. But, we really need to order the materials so we can get the gifts done Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #145
baileyhouse
baileyhouse

Christmas Gifts

Hello!
For all of you that have traveled on Christmas cruises in the past, I was hoping you could share some info on how you handled christmas presents for your kids! The thought of lugging/hiding gifts until christmas morning - knowing my 4 kids will certainly find them....do you have Santa leave stuff at your home for when you arrive back? Or does your elf deliver them prior to the departure of the cruise?
Do they sell wrapping paper on the boat?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!
baileyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #146
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowCollector View Post
Can anyone tell us how many cabins are on the FE list? We're not on FB, and haven't received the email attachment yet. Our information should be included. But, we really need to order the materials so we can get the gifts done Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks!
I sent it to all the email people too. What address?
There are 17 families not including your own.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #147
FellowCollector

12/22 FE List Email Received

Quote:
I sent it to all the email people too. What address?
There are 17 families not including your own.
Email received last night; thanks! Looking forward to the holiday fun!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #148
sweetp5
Earning My Ears

We just booked last minute and would also like to get involved. Please let me know!
sweetp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #149
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetp5 View Post
We just booked last minute and would also like to get involved. Please let me know!
Tell us about your family.
Private message me your email so I can invite you to the Facebook group. Our fish extender list is officially closed but if you give a room number, Santa always has some magic in his bag
Old 12-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #150
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetp5 View Post

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic
disneycruising is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: