Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
bushdianee
I had a water fun day planned
I tend to buy way too many t-shirts when I visit WDW
 
bushdianee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 777

I got an email from chase for the Disney visa card that offers 20-30% off room rates until June 14th. It will be available to the general public Jan 3rd. It is 20% off value, 25% off mods and 30% off some deluxes.
__________________
bushdianee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #32
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad4dis View Post
Disney are masters at marketing.
Yes and then at not following through.
Reminds me of the adult voices on CHarlie Brown cartoons, "Waa waa waa waa."
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #33
CandyMandy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad4dis View Post
Disney are masters at marketing.
Yes, I'd love to meet the "Disney marketing masters" who came up with John Carter ($200 million loss) and their EuroDisney strategy (losses there YTD are over $14 million and the operation carries $1.9 blllion in debt).
CandyMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,723

My guess is just like one of the earlier posters stated is about DHS Carsland , they haven't "officially" announced it so I would think if they wanted to do it Time square on New Years would be a great way to spread the word
__________________
moose615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,424

I thought Limited Time Magic's already been announced, and it's just a series of one-off "events" taking place throughout the year - basically the Leap Year thing, but more and different. The Friday the 13th "13th hour" is one of them.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - Fastpass/Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - New: WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
My guess is just like one of the earlier posters stated is about DHS Carsland , they haven't "officially" announced it so I would think if they wanted to do it Time square on New Years would be a great way to spread the word
Disney does not do big, public, mass-market "event" announcements for new, previously unannounced attractions that will not be open for several years.

Fans who expect such announcements to be part of New Years Eve broadcasts, Super Bowl ads, or big New York media events are destined to be disappointed year after year.

Disney can use such events to promote recently opened attractions, current (or imminent) marketing campaigns, and attention-getting gimmicks (like the 2012 leap year hours). Much of the general public doesn't know about the New Fantasyland or Limited Time Magic, so Disney Marketing wants to reach those people.

Meanwhile, Disney fans who are dying to know what new things the Disney parks will actually offer in 2014, 2015, and 2016 need to pay attention to announcement news (not rumors) on Disney fan websites, press releases reprinted in the business press, and the occasional announcements on the Disney Parks Blog.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #37
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran
 
Cogswel_Cogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,356

Maybe they will do giveaway trips again.
I bet they never came near th e traffic as when tey were doing that.That was announced on New Years' wasn't it?
__________________
Cogswel_Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #38
Toy_Story2010
Pin Trader
 
Toy_Story2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 31

Just had a FB post from Disney about tonight on NYRE with Ryan secrest.. There's supposed to be an announcement on spending more disney time in the year ahead... Hmm
__________________
January 2006 - CBR
January 2007 - CBR
January 2008 - PORS
November 2010 - POP Century

<img border=0 alt="free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com" src="http://www.familylobby.com/common/tt4904024fltt.gif">

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/m6616b518735xsq0.png[/img]
Toy_Story2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #39
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 1,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar
Disney does not do big, public, mass-market "event" announcements for new, previously unannounced attractions that will not be open for several years.

Fans who expect such announcements to be part of New Years Eve broadcasts, Super Bowl ads, or big New York media events are destined to be disappointed year after year.

Disney can use such events to promote recently opened attractions, current (or imminent) marketing campaigns, and attention-getting gimmicks (like the 2012 leap year hours). Much of the general public doesn't know about the New Fantasyland or Limited Time Magic, so Disney Marketing wants to reach those people.

Meanwhile, Disney fans who are dying to know what new things the Disney parks will actually offer in 2014, 2015, and 2016 need to pay attention to announcement news (not rumors) on Disney fan websites, press releases reprinted in the business press, and the occasional announcements on the Disney Parks Blog.
Ok obviously by the previous post my "guess" was wrong, so sue me
__________________
moose615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #40
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%
 
Horace Horsecollar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Wiseacre Farm
Posts: 7,105

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Ok obviously by the previous post my "guess" was wrong, so sue me
Please don't take my comments as a personal attack. Please don't take offense.

This is a discussion forum, specifically one to discuss Disney Rumors and News. There's nothing wrong with engaging in discussion. Many of us have observations, opinions, and facts gleaned from years of following Disney.
__________________
** Horace Horsecollar **
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #41
Kenzie'sGrandma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 66

A new "Advenger's Land" would be cool!
__________________
Disney Magic: 02/04/10. Disney Dream 04/07/11. Disney Dream 05/03/12. Disney Dream 05/09/13
Monarch of the Sea: 10/04/10. Monarch of the Sea: 08/28/09
Kenzie'sGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #42
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,173

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmdjm View Post
Announcement may have to do with"Disney time" that's all the info I have
I think you might be on to something there. The WDW Facebook page says:

"Tune in to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2013 tonight on ABC and listen for a special Disney Parks announcement to learn how you can spend more Disney Time with your family in the year ahead!"
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #43
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I think you might be on to something there. The WDW Facebook page says:

"Tune in to Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2013 tonight on ABC and listen for a special Disney Parks announcement to learn how you can spend more Disney Time with your family in the year ahead!"
That's easy, spend more money.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
Cogswel_Cogs
DIS Veteran
 
Cogswel_Cogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,356

"Limited Time" and "Spend More"?
that woud be bad marketing.
__________________
Cogswel_Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #45
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogswel_Cogs View Post
"Limited Time" and "Spend More"?
that woud be bad marketing.
I always thought that "Limited Time Magic" was a horrible marketing name, but it's in official releases as such. They might still rename it to "Disney Time"...but I'm wondering if they'll simply be announcing a new "X free nights" offer or something.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - Fastpass/Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - New: WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.