Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterMom View Post
Also, I am VERY confused between FigmentChick and figmentswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
I am typing this from my phone on the new dis app....so will see if it goes through.......

FigmentChick is the super cool one......figmentswife.....is married to him.

Hehehe. Will type more tomorrow
You guys are too much!!! LOL

I am a short, *loud*, redhead with three kids and a hubby. Oh, and don't let figmentswife fool you....she's cool, too! And I can't remember where figmentswife is from, but I'm from South Jersey. Maybe I'll change my profile pic (I just got a passport and can use that picture!.....at least my hair is under control in it!).

Anyway.....just put my $200 down this morning! Whoo-hoo!!! I am just so excited. I know I have over a year, but I just love planning and replanning and more planning and tweaking. Also, signed up for a new survey site that will help me earn some money towards my vacation. The way I look at it, anything helps (and if hubby signs up too, that's twice the money!).

Talk to you all later!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRmamiDEdos View Post
I'm having that problem right now. I've already made this a trip for my mom, sister, niece, nephew, DH, DD, DS and I. When I told my best friend I was running the marathon in January, she said "maybe I'll send ____ with you". Eeek! How do I tell her we don't have the room?
You say...."I DON'T HAVE ROOM...in my car, in my room - I DON"T HAVE ROOM. Do NOT let someone else "send" someone else with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterMom View Post
me me me ! We're planning on the 19th-27th.

Maybe we'll be neighbors. Not sure if we're staying AoA or POR/POFQ yet.

I actually have 2 different IRL good friends who are ALSO thinking about planning October Disney trips I think it would be hilarious if we all went the same time. Not really going "together", but since we all tend to think along the same lines, we'd probably all download the same touring plan We shall see.

I'm in serious saving mode... and then DH's vehicle broke down on the way to work this morning (I have the new van, he has the beater that I've owned since before we even met! Poor CR-V has over 150,000 miles). So those obviously-needed repairs are eating into the savings that I had put away already

I'm still super excited though!
You can do it - and it will be sooooooo worth it.

DH always says : I have to work to pay to see the rat. (we told Mickey DH called him a rat last October....It was SOOOOOO funny, he put his fist up and Minnie started stomping her foot - wish I had it on video

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
You guys are too much!!! LOL

I am a short, *loud*, redhead with three kids and a hubby. Oh, and don't let figmentswife fool you....she's cool, too! And I can't remember where figmentswife is from, but I'm from South Jersey. Maybe I'll change my profile pic (I just got a passport and can use that picture!.....at least my hair is under control in it!).

Anyway.....just put my $200 down this morning! Whoo-hoo!!! I am just so excited. I know I have over a year, but I just love planning and replanning and more planning and tweaking. Also, signed up for a new survey site that will help me earn some money towards my vacation. The way I look at it, anything helps (and if hubby signs up too, that's twice the money!). Do you have a smart phone? If so, download Shopkick...you earn kicks by walking into stores and those "kicks" can earn you gift cards - I save up my kicks and turn them in for target gift cards, then turn around and buy Disney gift cards with them - Last trip I had $25 in target gift cards, and got my 5% off at target - I think I saved a total of about $200.

Oh and I am in NC.

Talk to you all later!
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! You plan that trip girl. No deposit yet over here for many reason's, don't know where we are going to stay and such, also I feel like the more people that make their reservations, the less likly they are to put out a discount - if the rooms are booked, the y don't need to fill them, so I like to wait until about 2-3 before the trip.

WOW!!!! It has been a super long 2 days here. I have not even had the chance to look at the Dis or Disney stuff.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Just got an iPhone on Wednesday. I upgraded two years ago (well after my avail upgrade date) and then, a couple of months later, Sprint got the iPhone. UGH That's my luck, though.

I will definitely check in to ShopKick; sounds like it is the thing for me. I downloaded the My Disney Experience today....me very first App. Donny (my husband) was laughing at me because on the way home from work, I was telling him what the wait times were at certain attractions.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #19
figmentswife

There is some kind of vacation planning app - I had it for the last trip, but I like my binder so I didn't use it then deleted it.

For shopkick - you also are looking for the store with a star in the green ball - you can collect kicks form home on these - if there is a star in it. I do it 2 times each day. Also last year if you opened the app during some commercials you would get extra kicks.

I average per day (just from daily kicks) about 7-20 kicks. Walk in kicks are best - they just started doing walk-in kicks for Target about 2 months ago - AWESOME. But the others for walk ins are Best Buy & Old Navy. If I am near them , I will do the walk in, if not, then I don't bother.

Oh, and some days they will be doing extra walk in kicks - the other day you could get 300 kicks for target walk ins.

Oh, a walk in kick is when you have the app open when you walk in to the store (the app MUST be open) you can also scan specific items at a bunch of stores.

It takes 500 kicks for $2.00
1250 for $5.00
2500 for $10.00
6250 for $25.00

I have gotten about $75 in "gift cards" since I started about a year ago, and I DO NOT scan often or do many walk in kicks, but I do check for kicks daily.

Good luck - I love this app.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
figmentswife

Oh, and I am SOOOOOOO glad you got the iphone this week - now it means the iphone 5 will come out and I can get it and get rid of my droid. - I like the bigger screen, and rumor is that the iphone 5 will have at least a 4 inch screen and be 4g.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is some kind of vacation planning app - I had it for the last trip, but I like my binder so I didn't use it then deleted it.

For shopkick - you also are looking for the store with a star in the green ball - you can collect kicks form home on these - if there is a star in it. I do it 2 times each day. Also last year if you opened the app during some commercials you would get extra kicks.

I average per day (just from daily kicks) about 7-20 kicks. Walk in kicks are best - they just started doing walk-in kicks for Target about 2 months ago - AWESOME. But the others for walk ins are Best Buy & Old Navy. If I am near them , I will do the walk in, if not, then I don't bother.

Oh, and some days they will be doing extra walk in kicks - the other day you could get 300 kicks for target walk ins.

Oh, a walk in kick is when you have the app open when you walk in to the store (the app MUST be open) you can also scan specific items at a bunch of stores.

It takes 500 kicks for $2.00
1250 for $5.00
2500 for $10.00
6250 for $25.00

I have gotten about $75 in "gift cards" since I started about a year ago, and I DO NOT scan often or do many walk in kicks, but I do check for kicks daily.

Good luck - I love this app.
Downloaded the App last night as soon as I saw your post. We went out shopping today and I ran in to a couple of problems, but I'll report them and hopefully they'll get fixed. The two biggest issues: the App was saying Target was on the other side of the mall in the parking lot! LOL And, when I went to Old Navy, it was saying the store was actually down the plaza a bit (and that the entrance was all the way in the back near the loading docks). No worries, I still did fairly well today - 23 points. Oh! I forgot - American Eagle also didn't register. I couldn't figure out where it needed me to walk for that. And my cell reception was a little sucky in Macy's and I couldn't do all the scans I wanted to. Oh, well....I'll try again later. It's kinda like a scavenger hunt! :D

Quote:
Oh, and I am SOOOOOOO glad you got the iphone this week - now it means the iphone 5 will come out and I can get it and get rid of my droid. - I like the bigger screen, and rumor is that the iphone 5 will have at least a 4 inch screen and be 4g.
And you know that will be the case. LOL And the screen most definitely will be bigger. I didn't wait for the iPhone 5 because the port on the bottom (how you charge it) will change from the current 30 pin to a new 19 pin. Since I have a Belkin adapter in my car, I didn't want to have to mess with that. But, I have since discovered that if my iPhone is in it's case, I cannot put it on the Belkin....meaning, I have to get something new.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #22
disneygirl910
Earning My Ears

Changed my dates three times, hopefully third times a charm. POP or AoA, Sept. 29 - Oct. 11. Me, DH, DD4 & DD3. This will be our fourth trip, but girls first. I can't wait to see their faces. It's a surprise.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl910 View Post
Changed my dates three times, hopefully third times a charm. POP or AoA, Sept. 29 - Oct. 11. Me, DH, DD4 & DD3. This will be our fourth trip, but girls first. I can't wait to see their faces. It's a surprise.
WELCOME!!!!!! How awesome to be a surprise.

Not much planning going on this week....too busy with getting the kids ready for school, and paying half my Disney funds for Senior year of high school. (not really, but good grief, senior year cost a TON of money)

Still no decision on where to stay for us. I just can't decided. I have been reading more about AKL & Villa's and I am a little concerned about food for me. (gluten free) I want to try something other then POP, but we have always enjoyed it and I KNOW the chef's will take care of me and there are so many gluten free options. I just don't know what to do.

I guess it's good thing we have plenty of time.

Oh, and I participated in the t-shirt exchange, and I received 2 shirts that are SUPER cute and will be awesome to wear next year - so I have 2 new Disney shirts to wear.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

DBF & I are going for a quick trip October 5-9 2013! It will be our fist MNSSHP We will also be there in 21 days :D

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
DBF & I are going for a quick trip October 5-9 2013! It will be our fist MNSSHP We will also be there in 21 days :D
WELCOME!!!!!!! We will miss you by 1 day.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #26
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I think I'm there in Oct 2013 with DH and DS12 (he'll be 13 when we get there). My dates are Oct 2 - 8.

Seems like a long countdown right now.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
figmentswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I think I'm there in Oct 2013 with DH and DS12 (he'll be 13 when we get there). My dates are Oct 2 - 8.

Seems like a long countdown right now.

WELCOME!!!!

We are at 425 days - DH has the Mickey Mouse countdown on his phone.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

I've got our dates down pat: October 31st through November 9th at POR. We'll be neighbors! (you have to ask yourself: do I really want the crazy chick as my neighbor? lol)

We have decided we'll probably go around oct. 24. Our youngest DD will turn 5 on the 25th so it would be fun to have her birthday in WDW. I just hope the older kids don't get upset.

I am in crazy saving/researching mode. I'm drivingmy husband crazy. I also have a few survey sites I use and all the money is going into our trip fund.

I can't wait to see POR.
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #29
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

You know, I just realized something......

I'm so used to going in October that I automatically subscribed and started chatting with you all, but for the majority of our trip next year, I will be in WDW during November 2013!!!!

Totally dropped the ball on that one! LOL

Anyway....I guess I'll just find a November 2013 and join that one, too! :D

Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #30
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeymomma View Post
We have decided we'll probably go around oct. 24. Our youngest DD will turn 5 on the 25th so it would be fun to have her birthday in WDW. I just hope the older kids don't get upset.

I am in crazy saving/researching mode. I'm drivingmy husband crazy. I also have a few survey sites I use and all the money is going into our trip fund.

I can't wait to see POR.
The older ones shouldn't get too upset. My older two fawn all over their little brother. Next trip, we will actually celebrate hubby's 40th and DD's 14th bdays while we're down there. My daughter will actually have her birthday about a week after we get home, but it's all good.

POR is a really great resort and is home for us. After reading the POR thread, hubby & I are considering getting an air mattress for DS11 (he'll be 12 next year).....this way he and his sister do not have to share a bed. We wouldn't be able to consider it if we were not taking the train, so: whoo-hoo!!!

You're picking a great time of year! Happy planning!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: