Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #31
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Can I ask how you all are figuring out your rates and discounts? I am trying to figure out which is less for 2 adults, no dining, 8 day park hoppers, either CSR or PO Riverside?
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #32
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Yea, hearing AKL @ 30% ALMOST makes me want to book that. BUT, since we are trying to get our POFQ down from 4400 (May 5-15, Hoppers, and DDP) DOWN a bit in price, thus booking POR, hoping for an $1100 discount with the current Promo, .... hard to book AKL ... Deluxe sounds so ... deluxe though !

My wife really wants to do Poly ... but its like 8700 !!!! Just can't justify that, the rooms aren't much different at all ... I don't understand the rate increase at all really. Like, some rooms in the Grand Floridian are actually Terrible ... but still double the price of Mods .... is it just the access to the Monorail !? :P

Anyway, very happy for you, just hoping I can convert the POR King to the discount come Jan 3. So not impressed we can't get a disney visa here in Canada.
Agreeing on the annoyance at not being able to get a Disney Visa in Canada. It has been long enough that this should be resolved.
visitingapril09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
Agreeing on the annoyance at not being able to get a Disney Visa in Canada. It has been long enough that this should be resolved.
Agreed again, I honestly can't believe that its not resolved, or there isn't some other program we can enroll in for the early deals.

Even if it were just an online club, etc, rather annoying and unfair really.
Shaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #34
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Joining in...our current reservation:

AKL - Pool View
2A/ 2C
1 day tickets (will upgrade to 4 day if necessary when we call - then upgrade to PH & add WP&More when we check in).
Regular Dining Plan
$5089.01

Can't wait to see how the new deal plays out. I don't have the time or patience to try and figure out the numbers from the spreadsheet.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #35
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Agreed again, I honestly can't believe that its not resolved, or there isn't some other program we can enroll in for the early deals.

Even if it were just an online club, etc, rather annoying and unfair really.
Not Canadian here, but I agree that it sucks. Especially since it's not a credit-based offer seeing as it also applies to the debit card that anyone with a checking account can get, I don't see why it should matter than someone was in Canada instead.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #36
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

Count us in. DH and I are extending our trip with my parents and brother (3/31-4/3) to add on 4/3-4/5 or 4/6. The family is staying together at CR for the first half of the trip with the DxDDP and 5-day park tickets, but DH and I will move over to CSR when they depart for an additional couple of nights. We have a reservation already. Talked to a CM yesterday while watching Modern Marvels Walt Disney World on H2, and she said the deal will be available at 7am by phone on 1/3/13 (mine and DH's 9th anniversary), and to check out the Visa deal for the discounts. Not sure when it's available online though.

Have fun everyone!!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins
Who will join me in booking their spring or summer trip on January 3? I'm just so excited to book and plan, I can't wait!!

Our dates: June 1-7
We are already booked for May 23-29th, so I will see how this compares. We got a good TA special deal already for our dates, so it will be interesting to compare.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DL - numerous times as I grew up in CA
WDW - CBR 97, Poly May 2013
DCL - Dream April 2014
DCL - Fantasy August Eastern Caribbean 2015

Me 40 DH 48, DD7, DD5
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
lizziewhan
Earning My Ears

we already booked june 5-12 at art of animation. will we not be able to get a discount? and if not bc of the resort is it worth it to change to another resort? sorry im having trouble understanding all this
lizziewhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
bigmochick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
Can I ask how you all are figuring out your rates and discounts? I am trying to figure out which is less for 2 adults, no dining, 8 day park hoppers, either CSR or PO Riverside?

Apparently there's some kind of spreadsheet, been searching for it for quite a while. I'll probably just give up and see what Jan. 3rd brings, LOL!
bigmochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
TACK
Mouseketeer

Count me in

Booking May 12 to May 25 - 13 days ! As much as I want to stay in a moderate, I can't justify the cost so it is back to Values for me - Pop Century is my resort of choice. I only need the room as I have an annual pass.

On a side note, I agree with the Disney Visa for Canadians. Years ago when I asked they had said they were looking to have something for Canadians but nothing came out of it.
TACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #41
olecow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3inVA View Post
We are SO excited to find out the upcoming "deals"! We have booked a room at Art of Animation but it looks like that resort won't be included in the discounts so now I am trying to decide which resort would be best for our family of 5. We have 3 kids under age 5 (1 is in a packnplay). Any suggestions? We are on a budget.
Our family of 5 always goes to Port Orleans Riverside. The rooms in their Alligator Bayou section sleep 5 and the room rate has always been less than family suites at the value resorts when we've checked.
olecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #42
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmochick View Post
Apparently there's some kind of spreadsheet, been searching for it for quite a while. I'll probably just give up and see what Jan. 3rd brings, LOL!
I believe that these may be the spreadsheets you are looking for:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-Yt...cjQ/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-Y...W40NFBtR2ZCMk0

See this post for quotes on the ticket prices (I believe I am remembering correctly that some have said that these are not accurate but I can't be sure.) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...33&postcount=1

The link to the Disney Visa offer which is supposed to go public on January 3rd: http://disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferdec12

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #43
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

I'm in - will be looking to modify our already-booked split stay for April. A little nervous about getting through - I'll have to wait until 9-ish because I don't want to get stuck on hold and then need to drop to get DD on the bus. Hope wait times aren't too and that there are discounted rooms still available for our stay. Good luck to us all!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #44
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

I am also thinking about going in May.

I have always gone in Sept for free dining, but that means I have always seen MK decorated for halloween.

Also, there is a rumor going around (from the same guy who told us about this deal) that they may not offer FD with values anymore.

So any discount will be good.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #45
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

good luck to all! I can't stand the wait. I won't be able to get on the phone until 8:00 either due to dropping the kids off at school. Wonder how many others will jump ship from AOA...love the idea of staying somewhere new, but not if we can get a better deal somewhere else!
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: