Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
dalgal101
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace pre park opening ressie

I have a ressie for 1/30 at 8:25 am, I now have found a 8:10 am but it says "your party may be sat at more than one table". We are a party of 4 what do you think the chances are of getting sat at more than one table? Also, with a 8:10 ressie is there enough time to get some empty park pics. This will be our second day at MK.

Thanks for your input.
dalgal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Conan the Librarian
Been Visting the Mouse since 1972

Separate Tables? Slim to none.

You should get some photos. What happens is that they will have you in a separate line from the folks just there early. You will be let it right at 8 to go down to the restaurant. The main problem will be that they won't let you go past the bridge at the end of Main Street. It might be hard to get too many photos beyond that without a zoom lens.

Besides, you want to get to the window for check in at the restaurant.

"Remember to break open the biscuit, THEN pour the sausage gravy on. "

Geek the Library! I Geek Astronomy!

s his

Before 2010 too many trips to count starting in 1972

2010 Feb (off site), May SSR, Oct HHI.
2011 May SSR, Oct HHI
2012 Feb (off site), May SSR
2013 Feb OKW, May SSR, Dec Ft. W

2004 POR-Pop Century(May),POR (Oct), Ft Wilderness(Dec) 2005 HH(Jan), way off site(Feb), POR-Polynesian(May), Carribbean Beach(Oct), POP (Nov for Three Dog Night), Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2006 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)2007 HHI (Jan) Daytrip (Feb), BCV (Apr/May) HHI (Nov) Ft Wilderness (Dec)

2008 HHI (Jan), Daytrip (Feb), SS (May), BV? (Oct)
2009 POP(Feb)WLV (Mar), SSR(May), SSR(Sept), FtW (Dec), HHI?(Dec)
Conan the Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Keke
Mouseketeer

It says the same thing on my ressie also. We also have an 8:10 am at CP. The weird thing is that there are only 3 of us. So I'm wondering if they will let the 4 year old sit by herself?
Keke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Same here it's my hubby, me and my one year old. I wonder if someone else will be sitting with my one year old? Finally a peaceful meal lol

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

It says that on pretty much all the reservations. I've never been split up from my party. I don't think you really have to worry unless you have a large party.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Disney's reservation system has "tabletops" that have X-number of people spots.

They combine tabletops to make party sizes - but they have 2's, 4's, 5's.. etc that relate to the real tables in the establishment. There's even 3's for places like Brown derby with the weird circular booths. Larger parties will of course have to be split over multiple tables - especially if they're round ones like Whispering Canyon.

But that's all decided day-of by the location, you're not reserving a specific table or group of tables. To accomodate your party of 4 they pulled two 2-tops from the system. No one at the restaurant is going to try and split you into two pairs of two unless something has gone really wrong. The availability of "tabletops" is just based on cycling estimates of seating/dining/etc.. times and turnover.

There are also dumb rules that can screw you out of getting a table - like some 4tops can only accept reservations for 3-4 guests, making it hard to get reservations for 2 people, despite there obviously being space. So if you cant find anything, just jiggle your party number around by a few - Disney's just trying to make more money by filling every seat versus accommodating first-come first-serve.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have received this same warning when I make a reservation for just myself. If they do split me up I hope the tables are adjoining, so I can keep myself together.

If the tables are far apart it may upset the other diners, because my blood and guts will be spilled all over the restaurant, making a very disgusting mess.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
StilAPrincessAtHeart
Mouseketeer

We were let in a little early...

We had an 8:05 ressie on Dec. 3. We were held in a separate queue and they let us in about 10 min til 8. We were then able to walk up to the castle and get photos and had a few minutes before we checked in (ther is usually a line anyway.)

If you have an 8:10 and they end up letting you in 10 minutes early, that'd give you some good time to get to the castle for some pics!

I love pre-park opening breakfasts!!!
3rd Day
4th & 5th Day
6th Day Still on the "To Do" list
StilAPrincessAtHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalgal101 View Post
I have a ressie for 1/30 at 8:25 am, I now have found a 8:10 am but it says "your party may be sat at more than one table". We are a party of 4 what do you think the chances are of getting sat at more than one table? Also, with a 8:10 ressie is there enough time to get some empty park pics. This will be our second day at MK.

Thanks for your input.
It really said "sat" instead of "seated"?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

On 12/11 we had an 8:15 reservation for 6 and were all seated at the same table.

We also had 14 other ADRs for 6 during that trip (3 of which were also 8:15 am character breakfasts) and were always seated at the same table.

And, yes, you will still have time to enjoy walking down a relatively empty Main Street (and take pictures of the castle, etc.) before your ADR, provided you arrive to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom by, say, 7:45 am.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #11
ItsNotMuchofaTail
but I'm sort of attached to it

I had an 8:25 ADR on 11/28. I always allow the extra time to use Disney transportation and we arrived at the turnstiles at 7:45. Now, it was a light crowd day, Tuesday in a light week, but we were let right in the ADR line and on up to the restaurant. We checked in at CP at 7:55 and were called with the first groups seated right at 8:00.

We saw my DD's BFFs, the 100 Acre Wood crowd, ate a yummy breakfast and left at about 8:55. We saw the stampede coming down the street, but we were in front of them, LOL.

That part was actually really fun. Looking back down Main Street and seeing all those people, while the other way - almost no one.

The restaurant was not full, but it did take 45 minutes for the characters to make the rounds. If you actually sat at 8:25, I don't know that you would be out in time for 9:00. But you may get in early, like we did.

Previous trips:
Off Site: Visiting the grandparents in the 80s - June 2000 - Honeymoon (POFQ) - June 2007 - DD's 1st trip (ASM)June 2010 - We're getting divorced and going anyway (CBR)

November 2012 - Just DD and me (POR-Royal Room)
ItsNotMuchofaTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
Sergios
Earning My Ears

We've been there before and most tables are AT LEAST for 4... Never seen a table of 2?! You'll be ok I'm sure

Sergio
Sergios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It's a pretty common auto-response. We get it for all of our reservations (for 3, with one child) that I remember looking at the confirmation for. (horrid sentence, hopefully you get what I'm saying)

I pay it no mind whatsoever.

ETA, watch the park hours, by the way. We had a lovely pre-opening reservation, we had NO clue they might change the park opening time, and when we got there the park was already open. Highly disappointing. Got no empty-park pictures b/c there were already people there when we entered.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
MouseEarsForAll
Oh snap! I get to hold the trophy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
I have received this same warning when I make a reservation for just myself. If they do split me up I hope the tables are adjoining, so I can keep myself together.

If the tables are far apart it may upset the other diners, because my blood and guts will be spilled all over the restaurant, making a very disgusting mess.

Walt Disney World - 2004

Walt Disney World - 2005

Disclaimer: Now, you tell me McD's is coming back, I'm a passionate "Uh, yeah!"

MouseEarsForAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
dalgal101
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: