Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138

Chris & Patrick's VWL 7/5/13 Floral Update!!! 1/18/13

NEVER too early, right??! We (and by “we” I mean me, and Patrick when he’s forced to, lolol!) have been scouring the Wedding Forum since we first started looking at rings in late December. And. I’m only joking about P, really. He’s a wonderful man who has made my every dream come true since I first met him. But. While he’s all about pleasing me (and what’s not to like about that, right? :D ) I’m about our wedding day being about US and not just the bride. No, really, it’s totally true!

A little backstory…

First, here’s the happy couple!



This is not the first rodeo, so to speak , for either of us. So. We wanted to keep this simple, elegant and oh-so-very-Disney. Which is how we first met. Which is another story unto itself, lolol! We own DVC at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, our second most special place in the world (what’s the first, you ask? Why, that would be anywhere the other one was. No, really!) So, I was thrilled to see we could do an Escape Wedding there! We first looked at the Memory Collection but, for some strange reason, even though the space at VWL can accommodate up to 10 people for the Escape wedding ceremony, they only allow up to 8 for the Memory ceremony. What’s up with that, anyway?? Same space, seems like it should allow for the same amount of people, right??

Anyway. We have 5 children between us, plus some of them have significant others, so we’re a party of 10. Phew!!! I just can’t imagine having our wedding anywhere but there. Really, truly. I LOVE the Wedding Pavillion, I really do, but neither of us are particularly religious and it just seems too church like of an atmosphere. Plus. Did I mention we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE VWL?

Umm. A small confession here. When we first met, I was a diehard Polynesian fan. I mean, DIE HARD. But. I have come to love and appreciate the simple beauty that is the Wilderness Lodge and now I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Although. I have made it clear that if there ever comes a day when they build a DVC at the Poly we are going to need more points!!!

To recap. We’re hoping for an Escape wedding at 2:30pm on the Sunrise Terrace at VWL on July 5, 2013. Just our own “Modern Family.” Believe it or not, I already have a dress and I go for my first fitting next Saturday! I’ve been working on a DIY wedding invite – something simple, elegant and Disney, lol! It’s got a hunter green petal fold thingie that we’re going to use as an envelope:



The invite will look like this:



I’ve had stamps made from that picture of us (see above) and had sticker thingies made to close the petals from a picture Patrick took of the Lodge when we were last there:



The plan is to take photos around the resort, and hopefully have time to take just one or two and the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, then have dinner at Artist Point at 5:30.

We’ve (and again, by “we” I mean me :D ) found tons of inspiration photos from all of you ladies from DIY projects to photo poses. Oh!!!!! I forgot to say, we are DEFINITELY (yes, Patrick, I know you’re reading this and I’m saying DEFINITELY) having a MK photo shoot. Right now leaning toward morning of ceremony, but it seems like you kind of have to take what you can get? I’m sure I’ll be posting lots of these pictures and I’ll apologize from the get-go for pilfering them and being unable to give credit where credit is due. Because I have no clue now where I found them all!

That’s it for now, except to say, I’m so excited to be a DFTW couple!!!!

Oh! So. That wasn’t it. Oops! I forgot to show my ring! I totally love it, and the story that goes with it. But. I think my Ring King might like a hand in the telling. So. I’ll leave that to him!


Last edited by luvvwl; 01-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138

Oopsies!! Sorry those pictures are sooooo big!! I'm a little technologically challenged when it comes to that!

And! Thanks for reading along!
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used
 
Backstage_Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida
Posts: 11,376

I'm totally there reading all about your wedding, luvvwl Very exciting, and I love the ring!

Did I ever mention I worked there for 3 1/2 yrs? The Lodge, that is. Disney is 40 in July (yeah, im getting old....)
__________________
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,450

I'm in!

I love WL and FINALLY staying at VWL in October. I'm so jealous you are going to get married there....its beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, that ring is GORGEOUS!!! The "Ring King" has great taste.

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Floridagram
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 846

I'm in too! I feel like a stalker but I really enjoy reading the things you write. Wishing you lots of pixie dust! Or whatever they have at the VWL.
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138

Awww! Thanks everyone! We're nothing if not entertaining. I think.

And. You're NOT a stalker, Floridagram. Yet, lol!!! But. If you show up at the wedding with a fist pump and a "You go, girl!", I might begin to wonder!
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Floridagram
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 846

Now that you gave me an idea.... I only live 45 minutes away ! And I will know you really well by then....

Not trying to scare you just trying to have a little humor since you two are so humorous!
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #8
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,531

First, let me just clarify the title of this thread--we do not own pajamas that say "It's Never Too Early to Start a Planning Journal" printed on them. . .well, at least I don't. That is not to say we don't sit around in our PJs typing on said thread, but that's a whole other story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagram View Post
Now that you gave me an idea.... I only live 45 minutes away ! And I will know you really well by then....
Ummm, we're having the wedding in, umm, November of, er, 2014, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill
I love WL and FINALLY staying at VWL in October. I'm so jealous you are going to get married there....its beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, that ring is GORGEOUS!!! The "Ring King" has great taste.
Actually, I prefer Lord of the Ring. And the story shall follow in due time. . .
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
NoOrdinaryPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,409

Welcome!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBrideCKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 123

Its never too early for a PJ, dear! YAY for new PJs! Your ring is SMASHING! LOVE IT!
Your story is adorable and I can't wait to hear about all your plans!
Welcome and congrats!
__________________


Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D
 
MrsRomance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: A MI Native in the UK
Posts: 128

You're not early.....now our PJ is EARLY but hey when you have the big do to pay for and arrange, why wait?!?

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!
__________________
MrsRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,531

THE RING STING
Episode 1—The Bait
“You liar!” Those were her first words after I proposed. I kid you not. Is that any way to speak to one’s new fiancé?

I suppose you want the back story, however, the events leading up to the moment I popped the question, huh? There is a tale to be sure, a mixture of one part intrigue, one part romance, one part daring, and one part, well. . .lying.

After Christmas, LOML (see our cruise TR for the definition of LOML; here’s the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2795708 ) and I headed out to look at rings. We had been talking about getting married, and one quiet evening I did ask if she could manage to put up with me and be my partner in a legal sort of way (our hearts were there already). Her assent provided the impetus to go look at rings, and at our first stop, we found the setting and primary stone that thrilled her. We spent well over an hour fine-tuning the choice (the one pictured above), but we didn’t purchase it before we left. I wanted to ensure this ring was THE one, and I’ve always been leery of making a large purchase on a whim. I did put down a small deposit to hold the ring and stone while we looked at other jewelers to be absolutely positive of our choice. After a few hours of fruitless searching, we drove home to talk over the day. But, even I knew that the first ring was THE ring she desired.

Here, I must veer into a brief digression. Chris would accept a Cracker Jack ring and love it if my intent was pure and honest. She is that kind of woman—loving, understanding, dedicated, and unselfish. But, how can a man not want to give the woman of his dreams that perfect ring? There was never any doubt I would get it for her. I also knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that had we bought the ring that day and waited for it to be mounted with the stone, she wouldn’t take it off her finger. I’d have been formally proposing in the parking lot! That was not going to happen. I told her that I would take care of getting the ring.

What Chris didn’t know is that I had plan. . .a plan to make the proposal special. A few days after finding the ring, she had to return to work while I still had a couple of days off. Heh-heh-heh. On my last day before going back to work, I called ahead to the jeweler to ensure they could have the ring done that day, and I left to go pick it up. What you don’t know is that the jeweler was a two-hour drive away and that the jeweler would need three hours to complete the sizing and setting. Unknown to my lovely bride-to-be, I left for the jeweler within 10 minutes of her going to work that day. Naturally, the jeweler wouldn’t touch the ring until I had made arrangements to pay for the entire ring, not just that small down payment. I strode into the store, signed on many dotted lines, and then had to hang around the nearby mall waiting for the ring to be set, all the while hoping it would be ready in time for me to get home before LOML got home from work. It was and I arrived home a full 30 minutes before she did. Whew! In that intervening time, I hid the ring (which had come in a nice gift box complete with a silk bow) in one of my drawers—a simple but effective hiding place since it contained my summer time shorts and this was the dead of winter.

Over dinner, I told Chris that I had talked to our salesperson and had purchased the ring. “Really?! You did?!” she piped up excitedly. “When will it be ready?” She is always one to get to the point.

“Unfortunately,” I replied, “the ring possibly won’t be ready until as late as April.” I told you there was lying involved.

“WHAT???!!!” The predictable response.

“Well, as you know, it was a Signature series ring, and they needed to special order the correct-sized setting, they said. Honestly, I don’t mind waiting to get just what we want,” I replied. . .calmly, hoping she’d take the bait. She did.

“Hmpf. Well, okay. I guess you’re right. . .but April?” She wasn’t giving up easily. “That seems like a long time out. But, I suppose they want to get it just right.” Yep, go with that, I thought.

From that moment forward, almost daily for the next two weeks, she asked if I’d heard any update, if perhaps they had given me a more exact date. The problem was, I hadn’t quite figured out how to make The Moment special, so the answer was always “no, not yet.” Chris would grumble a little, occasionally raise an eyebrow, and give me that hard, searching look as she read my face. But, there was no crack in my façade. I had a TS-SCI clearance back in my days in the Air Force, so I could keep a secret. While on the outside my face read, “I’m sorry, babe,” on the inside I was laughing my guts out—this was going to be fun.

Coming up: Episode 2—The Hook



__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery




Last edited by sleepydog25; 07-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.
sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,450

Cliffhanger!!!!!!


Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideCKB View Post
Its never too early for a PJ, dear! YAY for new PJs! Your ring is SMASHING! LOVE IT!
Your story is adorable and I can't wait to hear about all your plans!
Welcome and congrats!
Thank you so much!! I totally love my ring!!! I have P-L-E-N-T-Y of plans, believe you me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomance View Post
You're not early.....now our PJ is EARLY but hey when you have the big do to pay for and arrange, why wait?!?

Can't wait to hear more of your plans!
Why wait is right!! And. I KNOW P will be super happy that I have other people besides him now to plan with!!
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
luvvwl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
“You liar!” Those were her first words after I proposed. I kid you not. Is that any way to speak to one’s new fiancé?
It is when you ARE one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
I suppose you want the back story, however, the events leading up to the moment I popped the question, huh? There is a tale to be sure, a mixture of one part intrigue, one part romance, one part daring, and one part, well. . .lying.
It was an awesome, once in a lifetime proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
After Christmas, LOMF (see our cruise TR for the definition of LOMF; here’s the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2795708 ) and I headed out to look at rings. We had been talking about getting married, and one quiet evening I did ask if she could manage to put up with me and be my partner in a legal sort of way (our hearts were there already). Her assent provided the impetus to go look at rings, and at our first stop, we found the setting and primary stone that thrilled her. We spent well over an hour fine-tuning the choice (the one pictured above), but we didn’t purchase it before we left. I wanted to ensure this ring was THE one, and I’ve always been leery of making a large purchase on a whim. I did put down a small deposit to hold the ring and stone while we looked at other jewelers to be absolutely positive of our choice. After a few hours of fruitless searching, we drove home to talk over the day. But, even I knew that the first ring was THE ring she desired.
He went to JARED, girls!!! And it was THE very first ring I tried on! And. We both pointed it out at the same exact time! Does he know me or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Here, I must veer into a brief digression. Chris would accept a Cracker Jack ring and love it if my intent was pure and honest. She is that kind of woman—loving, understanding, dedicated, and unselfish. But, how can a man not want to give the woman of his dreams that perfect ring? There was never any doubt I would get it for her. I also knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that had we bought the ring that day and waited for it to be mounted with the stone, she wouldn’t take it off her finger. I’d have been formally proposing in the parking lot! That was not going to happen. I told her that I would take care of getting the ring.
I didn't even really need a ring. But. It's mine now, and I'm not giving it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
What Chris didn’t know is that I had plan. . .a plan to make the proposal special. A few days after finding the ring, she had to return to work while I still had a couple of days off. Heh-heh-heh. On my last day before going back to work, I called ahead to the jeweler to ensure they could have the ring done that day, and I left to go pick it up. What you don’t know is that the jeweler was a two-hour drive away and that the jeweler would need three hours to complete the sizing and setting. Unknown to my lovely bride-to-be, I left for the jeweler within 10 minutes of her going to work that day. Naturally, the jeweler wouldn’t touch the ring until I had made arrangements to pay for the entire ring, not just that small down payment. I strode into the store, signed on many dotted lines, and then had to hang around the nearby mall waiting for the ring to be set, all the while hoping it would be ready in time for me to get home before LOMF got home from work. It was and I arrived home a full 30 minutes before she did. Whew! In that intervening time, I hid the ring (which had come in a nice gift box complete with a silk bow) in one of my drawers—a simple but effective hiding place since it contained my summer time shorts and this was the dead of winter.
Some super-duper detective I am, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Over dinner, I told Chris that I had talked to our salesperson and had purchased the ring. “Really?! You did?!” she piped up excitedly. “When will it be ready?” She is always one to get to the point.
Hey now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
“Unfortunately,” I replied, “the ring possibly won’t be ready until as late as April.” I told you there was lying involved.
The lying was okay. Kinda sorta. But. Did you have to lie for sooooooooooooo long????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
“Well, as you know, it was a Signature series ring, and they needed to special order the correct-sized setting, they said. Honestly, I don’t mind waiting to get just what we want,” I replied. . .calmly, hoping she’d take the bait. She did. “Hmpf. Well, okay. I guess you’re right. . .but April?” She wasn’t giving up easily. “That seems like a long time out. But, I suppose they want to get it just right.” Yep, go with that, I thought.
Apparently I'm nore gullible than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
From that moment forward, almost daily for the next two weeks, she asked if I’d heard any update, if perhaps they had given me a more exact date. The problem was, I hadn’t quite figured out how to make The Moment special, so the answer was always “no, not yet.” Chris would grumble a little, occasionally raise an eyebrow, and give me that hard, searching look as she read my face. But, there was no crack in my façade. I had a TS-SCI clearance back in my days in the Air Force, so I could keep a secret. While on the outside my face read, “I’m sorry, babe,” on the inside I was laughing my guts out—this was going to be fun.
Uh, fun for WHO exactly??
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.