Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
joshua74133
Earning My Ears

No Disney again... Tink, Im going to need a bucket of dust

5 years ago I made the promise to my wife's 3 kids that I would take them to Disney World but when 3 kids turned to 4 we had to wait…. 2 years ago me and the wife saved every penny and planned the trip again, SURPRISE! Number 5 was on his way but because of a good year we were able to just push the trip out 2 months giving the baby a few months of growth.

Money was saved and Date was set…. 4 months before the Vacation my wife’s ex-husband (after he had already agreed) sends me a text saying fall break is not in the custody paperwork and he will not let the kids go to Disney World, He breaks the news to the children telling them that he will never allow us to take the kids to Disney…. We ask the kids what they want us to spend the Disney money on and they ask us to take their dad to court and get full custody (there is A TON of back story here) in April we filed the suit and are awarded main custody giving dad no say (anymore) in the kid’s lives, So with what money is left I plan our next Disney trip WOOT! WOOT! RING, RING, RING MY mom asks me to sit down….

11 years ago my cousin had 3 kids in a span of two and a half years.
While being pregnant my cousin started using meth resulting in 1 child born with her insides on the outside the other little girl was born with no problems and the boy, well... No one really knows what is wrong with him.
Mom goes to jail and legal guardianship goes to grandma.
Mom gets out of jail and tells mom that she has changed and she wants her kids back, grandma gives it to her thinking she has changed.
Mom moves in with guy and the guy beats these kids while mom is strung out on pills.
Mom wakes up finds kids huddled in the corner crying and sees vacuum thrown through TV.
Mom calls police man goes into jail, guy gets out of jail says he changed and mom moves back in with the guy.
Kids tell mom they will not move back in so they stay with grandma.
Kids go visit and see threw a crack in the door the man slapping mom in the face yelling profanities then walk out and turns his verbal assault on the kids.
Kids go back to grandma and tell her the guy is beating mom and the guy has not changed.
3 days later little boy (11 years old) feels the steel of handcuffs for slashing tires.
Son tries to kill himself
The only people that visit son in hospital was me and my wife
Daughter gets cops called on her (she's 12) cops call mom and get no answer so grandma calls me.
We get mom to sign papers and send daughter to an all-girls school
Hospital releases son into our custody saying releasing kids into mom’s custody would be harmful to child.
Kids are diagnosed PTSD.
Last week mom refused to answer phone or text; mom has not been seen or heard from for over 2 weeks.

We call DHS and they come to our house, they give us legal papers and tomorrow we file so 5 now becomes 8 and Disney is once again canceled and will have to stay canceled because of the cost… OH well at least 3 kids have a shot at a normal life.

Never in my life did I see me having a family of 10 but God has his plan so we will follow.
joshua74133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

God bless you.

Sent from my IPad using DisBoards.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (6/2014 BLT/AKV) (11/2014 5 night Wonder*Miami*) (1/2015 AKV/BLT)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
iluvwdw_2002
Smile and ALWAYS have fun!!!

Oh my goodness!! You and your family are truly amazing!! God definitely has a plan for you all! The 3 children you took in have been through soo much and you and your wife are angels on earth! Bless you snd your family!

iluvwdw_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Good things happen to good people. Don't give up. You and your family will get there. You deserve that trip and when you get there you will enjoy it all the more.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Tropics
Mouseketeer

Wow! Disney may not be in your plans for the near future but those three kids will finally have a bit of a sense of normal life. God bless you for what you are dong for those kids!!!!!! I really believe that there is a special place in heaven for amazing, generous, kind-hearted people such as yourself!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
travelfanatic
Mouse fan

Your reward will be far greater than any trip to Disney! Not many would be selfless enough to take that on. God bless all of you!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Goldilocks07
Mouseketeer

Your post brought tears to my eyes. You are an amazing, wonderful, selfless person. What a heart you have.
Good things come to those who wait, and you have waited quite some time- I do believe you will get to Disney, with all 8 children. In good health, and in good spirits.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
joshua74133
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys, pray for my wife, she's the one who has to make sure they all get to school... last night we were laying in bed and were lol'ing we are going to have to get a passenger van just to haul this family around.... ohh well it just money.
joshua74133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
meliss8599
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I've heard Heaven is a lot more beautiful than Disney and you and your family are sure to have a trip there one day.

God bless you all. It's going to be a tough road, but you seem like the perfect family to handle it properly and with love.
meliss8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
MartDM
DIS Veteran

WOW! Just WOW! What a story.

All those poor kids with dysfunctional parents-using kids to wage war on your ex and letting kids live with that kind of abuse? And poor you & grandma!

I'm very sorry WDW is off the table for your family right now, but what you are doing is noble & necessary to give those kids a chance at a normal life. I just know your patience & generosity will be rewarded in time.

Good luck to you all...sending lots of good vibes as you work through all this!
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Meshell2002
DIS Veteran

God bless you and your new family. What you r doing is far more important than any vacation. Perhaps when the dust has settled you can start saving again for the trip.....after you get that big van!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

You guys are wonderful and blessed.
Those children are so lucky you are in their lives.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #13
shellstar
Mischeif Managed

Good on you guys for taking those kids in- saving those kids and giving them a chance at a normal, healthy life will be the best thing in the world for them.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

What a heart-wrenching story but thank God they have someone like your family to step up and give it a happy ending.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Wow, it's a wonder that you aren't stressed beyond belief but you sound so reasonable. Bless you for helping out these kids. Disney will come.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: