Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #106
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Thanks!

I would have to say no as well. And where? We're from the Bucks County area.
Blue Bell (Montgomery County.)

Bummer that the croissant pudding was dry! I LOVE it!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #107
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Blue Bell (Montgomery County.)

Bummer that the croissant pudding was dry! I LOVE it!
That's not too far, I know the area.

Also, it wasn't terrible, it just benefited greatly from some syrup.
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #108
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Blueberry croissant bread pudding and school bread are both on to-do snacks list for our upcoming trip too! Looking forward to your LC review as well. We're also doing lunch there.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #109
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

The croissant bread pudding was also on my to-do list so I'm sorry to hear that it was dry. We ate at CRT and my DD's stuffed french toast was dry too but it wasn't anything that butter and syrup couldn't fix! It's a good thing that you're creative (or your wife is creative I should say!).

The school bread looks and sounds awesome! I tried it once but didn't get to it until the next day so that was my own fault that it was a little dry. But I still enjoyed it and can only imagine what a fresh one must taste like!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #110
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on everything! I seriously love the Pork Tenderloin at CG, super bummed they are closed for refurb during our upcoming trip! Last time we ate there we literally did eat ourselves sick...I seriously felt like we rolled outta there lol

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #111
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

We went to check in at Le Cellier, and were about 15 minutes early. I had checked in much earlier at all previous dining reservations (not with the intention to be seated earlier, but to just let the restaurant know we were there.) No problem, right? Wrong. We were told to leave and come back in five minutes. Really? Gah, letís not let the initial awkwardness with the hostess sway my opinion, it was time to eat.

We spent a few minutes enjoying the beautiful area around the entrance of the restaurant..

ohhh...ahhh...

And after being allowed to check in, we made our way down to the main doors.

We were seated relatively shortly afterwards. Our first impressions? Not spectacular. This place was cramped, to say the least. I usually donít listen to reviews of places that are loved and hated, and decide to form my own opinions, but here is a criticism that rings true. Our table for two could have accommodated just me easily, and I without a place to even lay a bag, I felt very crowded, right from the get go.

also, this place is DARK. Let me go ahead and apologize for the quality of my pictures here, because it was next to impossible to get good shots in this lighting.

We took some time to review the menu, and Christina just wasnít thrilled (why a girl who LOVES steak didnít just get the fliet, is beyond me..) I knew what I wanted before we stepped foot in the place, so we placed or order and waited. First, out came the bread basket.

This place does bread right. The pretzel breadstick? Divine. The other bread was grainy and warm, and it was all very, very tasty. It went perfectly with the beer cheese soup we both received as an appetizer.

Iím almost tempted to tell you that coming here just to dip that glorious bread into that glorious soup is worth it. ALMOST. Itís ridiculously delicious though.

Christina was having trouble deciding what she wanted to eat, and finally settled on two things. She ordered the side order portion of the baked macaroni and cheese:

And also the Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage - with Roasted Corn Polenta and Sweet Onion Jam

While she didnít really care for the chicken sausage, she absolutely HATED the mac and cheese, and I canít fault her. It was..off. The cheese they used was a funky variation of the standard, and it was just an odd taste that didnít couple with what one would think of when ordering macaroni and cheese. Trust me, for Christina not to eat ANYTHING with cheese in it, let alone mac and cheese, is bewildering. She ended up taking it to go, hoping sheíd develop a taste for it later, but it just ended up in the garbage.

The Chicken sausage, I thought, was pretty good. She wasnít thrilled. She ate most of it, but didnít really enjoy too much. She isnít a fan of sweeter food (which we noticed that most of the meals on the menu incorporated a sweet element) so she was kinda let down. The polenta though, in my opinion, was awesome. Much recommended.

I, on the other hand, wasnít playing games. I wanted steak, and steak I would have. I ordered the Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon

Now, let me preface this with the fact that I DID share this with Christina, being the loving, chivalrous husband that I am. That being said, each bite of this meal was perfection in food form. It was one of the best steaks Iíve ever eaten. Cooked to a glorious medium rare, and served on a bed of delicious risotto, this was great. Christina agreed, and we both think this was the real stand out of the meal.

We finished up and decided to split an order of the Maple Creme Brulee

This is good. Real good. Iím a sucker for a good creme brulee, and this delivered.

Finishing up, Iíll sadly say this: This meal just wasnít worth it. I really, really wanted it to be. I wanted to disagree with the nay sayers, as I so often do, but unfortunately, Iím going to side with those that donít understand the ďsignatureĒ status of this restaurant. The Filet was delicious, the desert was tasty, but the ambiance and seating left far too much to be desired, and nothing really blew our socks off. Compared to other signatures (California Grill, which I reviewed, and Jiko, which is coming,) it just wasnít up to snuff.

I suppose thatís why after we left and began to explore the worlds, we felt the need to stop at Boulangerie P‚tisserie, and order the famous Napoleon.

Holy POOP! This thing was too much for words. Perfect blend of creamy and crispy, the filling was light, sweet, and exactly what we needed to perk us up after feeling a little underwhelmed after Le Cellier.

Well, that and a trip to Tutto Gusto for some RIDICULOUSLY overpriced wine.

To be honest, I donít recall the types of wine we both got. I ordered a sweet red, and Christina ordered a sparkling something or other. They were tasty, but at around $10-12 a glass, they were NOT worth the few sips they provided. Bummer. At least walking around the Italy portion of Epcot is always a really nice treat.

We finished up our day at Epcot (trust me, it wasnít our last...forshadowwwwinnngg) and we headed back to the hotel. After a trip to the grocery store, we found a trusty restaurant that weíve grown to love here in the Philadelphia area. We ate off site that night. Next up, a quick dinner review of Tijuana Flats.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #112
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Sorry that these updates have been so few and far between. We've got A LOT more (this was from 12/6, and we didn't leave until 12/14!!) and I promise that I'll be more timely from here on out..
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #113
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Later this night, we drove past something that made us do a double take. A Tijuana Flats!

Seriously? A Flats? On a Disney Vacation? Weíre doing this..? Oh, weíre doing this.

I knew that Orlando was home to a few of these restaurants, but I didnít realize the semi-chain Tex-Mex offering was this close to WDW. We were craving some cheesy goodness, so away we went.

I opted to go with the ďpick twoĒ

Which consisted of a chicken burrito, a chicken chimichanga, and a side of rice and beans (with a side of queso sauce, of course. This was no different than the same meal here in PA, and thatís to say, it was delicious. The Chimichangaís at TFís are ridiculously delicious. Healthy? Not a chance. Tasty? You bet. And that queso..that GLORIOUS queso..

Christina ordered the Chimichanga also, only herís was a tad larger, since she ordered it as a stand alone.

No complaints from her end either. Sheís always down for devouring Flats.

Thatís it for today. Goodnight moon, tomorrow we wake for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #114
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Sometimes, you just need some fast-joint Mexican.

Even with the lighting, your pics of Le Cellier are still fabulous!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #115
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Gotta agree with you about Le Cellier. I like it for various aspects such as the soup and filet but for us, there is just no way it can compete with other restaurants in the signature category.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #116
richnrobin
Earning My Ears

Cant wait to hear the rest.....
richnrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #117
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Just got caught up on your report. Great reviews so far! I have t agree with you about Le Cellier. We ate there for the first time on our last trip in 2011 and were not impressed at all. I was really looking forward to eating here after reading all of the awesome reviews and about how everyone really loved this place. For us, it was a great disappointment. I don't think we'll be going back any time soon. I don't get the whole signature dining experience either. but, to each their own I guess.

Now 'Ohana on the other hand......To. Die. For. If there was only one restaurant that I had to eat at at WDW, I would pick this place. Hands down. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE eating here. So much so, that on our last trip we ate twice there and we're eating twice there again in June when we go back. I can't wait for all of that gorgeous, delicious food. My mouth is drooling right now just thinking about it............Just 5 more months until I'm in heaven!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
caa1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #118
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Although I love Le Cellier, I can completely agree with you about the filet, soup, pretzel bread, and creme brulee being so awesome. I also agree that the resaurant is cramped, dark, and just doesn't feel like other signatures. I'm just a mushroom filet addict .... perhaps that's why I keep coming back.

I'll have to remember to add syrup when I eventually try the bread pudding at Sunshine Seasons.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #119
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Great reviews. I'm taking tons of notes for our trip in November. I can't wait to hear about Harry though.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #120
tweetylori
Mouseketeer

LOVING your review and the pics! CONGRATS to you and your beautiful bride, you sound like an awesome couple!
tweetylori is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: