Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #76
curleyq13
Earning My Ears
 
curleyq13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20

No judgement here! I love weird combos like that! I think I might have to try the Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich with some nutella next time.
__________________
ME DH
__________________________________________


April1994 Family Vacation (Off site) Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Future World, Hollywood Studios
June 2001 Family Vacation (Off site) Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens
July 2010 Engagement Trip (All-Star Movies) Walt Disney World
August 2011 Honeymoon (Port Orleans Riverside) Walt Disney World, Universal Studios
March 2012 My 25th Birthday (All-Star Movies) Walt Disney World
August 2012 1st Wedding Anniversary (Port Orleans Riverside) Walt Disney World
August 2013 w/ DH and BFF (Art of Animation - Little Mermaid) Walt Disney World, Universal Studios
curleyq13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #77
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife
 
dmoore718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 707

Love the reviews!! We are from Philly too!! DH is a Philly firefighter. We are going in 2 weeks for our 3rd family trip, staying at Art of Animation. I got my DH hooked too on our first trip in 2003. We got engaged on that trip! Love the reviews. O'Hana is my all time FAV as well. I have an ADR there for this trip and can't wait!
__________________
Danielle and Tom :: DD (8), DD (7), DD (4) My miracle baby, born at 32 weeks
Give Blood....it saved our baby's life!
dmoore718 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #78
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by curleyq13 View Post
No judgement here! I love weird combos like that! I think I might have to try the Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich with some nutella next time.
Now that's using your head.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
Love the reviews!! We are from Philly too!! DH is a Philly firefighter. We are going in 2 weeks for our 3rd family trip, staying at Art of Animation. I got my DH hooked too on our first trip in 2003. We got engaged on that trip! Love the reviews. O'Hana is my all time FAV as well. I have an ADR there for this trip and can't wait!
Awesome! Welcome local friend. enjoy your trip!!
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #79
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

We decided on Pecos Billís for lunch, mostly due to the ridiculous topping/condiment bar that we all know and love.

Not much variety here folks, we both ordered cheeseburgers with fries. However, we both LOADED up our trays with condiments, making these the messiest burgers I think Iíve ever seen.



Trust me, the condiment you see on the tray are only half of those used. Multiple trips were made, haha.

Fries were dipped in cheese, in mayonnaise, in ketchup. Burgers were slathered in anything we could get our hands on that we could spread onto a bun. It was a glorious, disgusting mess. I wonít sit here and pretend itís gourmet, but the burgers are your standard fast food fare, and with all the fun fixinís, itís become a tradition to come to Pecos Billís and have some fun.

Afterwards, we made it our mission to get one of the snacks on my ďnever hadĒ list; the Dole Whip. We opted for the Pineapple-Vanilla Swirl:



And we enjoyed it.



Man, this stuff is GOOD. I just assumed this was one of those ďpeople are really in love with it, but itís probably more about the fact that theyíre eating it in Disney, as opposed to the actual tasteĒ snacks.

I was wrong! Itís an extremely refreshing snack, and I can imagine enjoying one on a hot summer day. Itís a great taste variety with the swirl, and the pineapple is really crisp and tasty, contrasting with the smoothness of the vanilla. We never did get to try the float, but Iw as really happy I was able to check this off my list.

We finished up our day in the park, and went home to shower/get fancy.

It was getting close to dinner. Our favorite restaurant. Our yearly date.

California Grill.
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #80
Jersette
Earning My Ears
 
Jersette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38

I'm subscribing...love your writing style, and anyone who can get themselves extra Nutella is a-ok in my book!

Can't wait to see you two 'get fancy' at California Grill. You both are adorable.
Jersette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #81
suburbiatexas
Earning My Ears
 
suburbiatexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47

you two are absolutely adorable and what fantastic reviews!

thanks...and congrats and a long happy life to the two of you...
__________________
XO-wendy
suburbiatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #82
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,609

I'm joining late but just in time to see what you thought of California Grill! Anyone who can appreciate the amazingness of the Y&Y fried wonton dessert and the spectacularness of the holiday sandwich at EoS gets my full attention!!

Honestly, I'm loving reading your review!

Now bring on the Cali Grill!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #83
L-Harper
DIS Veteran
 
L-Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL {Michigan native}
Posts: 1,412

I'm really glad to read your review about the Dole Whip. I, too, have yet to try one. I know, it's basically a Disney sin. Anyway, that is #1 on my Disney Live List for our trip in October. I was thinking the exact same thing as you about how it's probably not as spectacular as everyone says, just that it's a treat you can only get in Disney World. I'm so glad to see that you honestly loved it. I can't wait to try it!
__________________
Me DH DS(6) DS(4)

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #84
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer
 
nfggirl5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 240

Just subscribed. I'm loving your reviews, and you and Christina are so adorable!
nfggirl5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #85
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous
 
Goofyluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 19,046

Congrats on your marriage, and thanks for a great dining report!

We honeymooned there a few years ago, and I recommend it to everyone who's getting married!

Great and gorgeous food photos too! I have to ask...what kind of camera do you use?
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple,
'tis the gift to be free,
'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #86
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbiatexas
you two are absolutely adorable and what fantastic reviews!

thanks...and congrats and a long happy life to the two of you...
Thanks! Much, much more to come.
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #87
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy
I'm joining late but just in time to see what you thought of California Grill! Anyone who can appreciate the amazingness of the Y&Y fried wonton dessert and the spectacularness of the holiday sandwich at EoS gets my full attention!!

Honestly, I'm loving reading your review!

Now bring on the Cali Grill!
Ugh, I can't even think about those wonton without getting hungry!

I'm not near a computer so the Cali Grill might be a day or two, but it's in progress!
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #88
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper
I'm really glad to read your review about the Dole Whip. I, too, have yet to try one. I know, it's basically a Disney sin. Anyway, that is #1 on my Disney Live List for our trip in October. I was thinking the exact same thing as you about how it's probably not as spectacular as everyone says, just that it's a treat you can only get in Disney World. I'm so glad to see that you honestly loved it. I can't wait to try it!
Looking forward to what your experience is like.

__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #89
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454
Just subscribed. I'm loving your reviews, and you and Christina are so adorable!
Welcome, and thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver
Congrats on your marriage, and thanks for a great dining report!

We honeymooned there a few years ago, and I recommend it to everyone who's getting married!

Great and gorgeous food photos too! I have to ask...what kind of camera do you use?
Thanks!

I have a canon dslr, the rebel. The lens I have on it is the 1.4, which runs around $300 and is worth every penny. There's a 1.8 that's about a third of the price which takes comparable shots though.
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #90
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wills Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,536

Congrats on your marriage and your impeccable choice of honeymoon destination (can you tell we also had a Disneymoon lol!) Loving your review so far! Can't wait for Cali Grill
__________________
Me (31) DH (32) DS (2) DS (baby) Sammy the Spitz (6)




Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: