Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
FFigawi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
The more you can keep moving after the race, and the sooner you start the recovery process (refuel, rehydrate, etc), the less painful the aftermath seems to be.
And this is exactly why joining us for Drinking Around the World on Monday is such a great idea. You'll be moving, refueling, and rehydrating all in the name of fun.

John
FFigawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFigawi View Post
And this is exactly why joining us for Drinking Around the World on Monday is such a great idea. You'll be moving, refueling, and rehydrating all in the name of fun.
Unfortunately, we are leaving too early on Monday for me to join in the DATW celebrations. Others will have to carry that pint glass/torch for me.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
SAHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFigawi View Post
I plan to partake in that in 2014.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
DisneyParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Sort of like going down to the Indiana Jones stage to pick up your bag after a 10 mile race?
Yes! And then going back up the stairs again. What in the world could they have been thinking?

Thanks Coach for posting this. I remember you posting this last year as well. Gets a sympathetic nervous laugh from me every time. I can very much relate - and I only run halfs! I do remember your other advice too...get out and walk the parks...don't stay in the room afterwards. Great advice!
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
jdbyrnes
Earning My Ears

I did my first marathon in November, and yeah, 0:11 sums it up pretty well.
3/05 - Wilderness Lodge -- 2/06 - All Stars Sports & FTW Planning Session -- 5/06 - Wilderness Lodge & Disney Fairy Tale Wedding -- 5/07 Saratoga Springs -- 7/07 Off Property -- 8/07 Off Property -- 1/07 Western Caribbean DCL -- 8/09 Off Property -- 5/10 Polynesian Resort -- 1/12 WDW Half Marathon -- 6/12 Off Property
jdbyrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Lol! That video cracks me up. That's us after EVERY long run (we are soooo not runners!)

Our plan is to go, without stopping, directly to the MK for a Dole Whip. It's our motivation, ha ha. I suppose standing on the monorail is the better plan. After that I had planned to go nap at the hotel... Maybe I need to reconsider lol.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Very funny video. I felt sort of like that after I ran my first half...I sat down and didn't want to get up and didn't want anyone to know I didn't want to get up. But moving around did help.
Of course my recovery got better after each one. A lot of them I just drive to, run the half and then drive home - in one case it was two hours.

Now the full thats going to be another story. This around the world sounds like a lot of fun - esp since there are no more commitments to worry about...I might consider it...that will depend entirely upon what my legs want to do...
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: