Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #3676
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
August 19-30 is the proposed dates. There are three days either side for travelling, plus an extra day beforehand to take the girls to Cocoa Beach. Pin covers 1/2-3/24, 4/21-5/22 and 8/11-9/28. All said, if I can get Free Dining, I'd grab it in a minute, and upgrade from POP to Riverside.
We may be there at the same time. We were looking at mid to late August. I hope they have free dining or at least I get a PIN at some point. Once I know I am going, we'll have to compare our info and find a time to meet up. Good luck with the free dining. We would most likely either stay at POR or POFQ. The kids really enjoy FQ.

Just a fun thing at POR. My kids always head out at night and catch the frogs at Riverside. They hang out in the shudders, on the columns and around the lights. They run around a couple of the buildings and have a blast. Not sure if the kids like that sort of thing, but it kept mine busy for hours.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #3677
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I guess if we drove to Portland Maine like we normally do, we could probably get a reasonable price. Hmmm, time to rethink the summer trip maybe.
Hmmmm...Portland? That's close enough for me to drive to as well. We usually head out from Manchester, NH. Let me know if you end up looking and see good deals out of Portland. I bet I could get permission to go to sunny CA.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #3678
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I totally agree. I even get a little dust in my eye too..

I cannot wait for Saturday. I was wondering if the sun would be out by then...

I'm sure that will be an awesome experience.
Sunrise is going to be about 7:20. My guess is that Corral B will start a little before 6. At a 10 minute mile you'll hit mainstreet a little before 7 am. My guess is that you'll hit main street with it light-ish but the sun won't be completely up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I have a serious marathon question. I read that the road around Epcot is closed from 5-7am. Do busses start running to Epcot at 7 am for spectators? I'm trying to figure out how/when my DW is going to get to Epcot by 7:45.
We've always used the monorail to get around during the race. Your family should be prepared for getting around to take much longer than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I'll send you a frew from the dream now...

Hey it's that teen club that no one ever seems to visit.

Quote:
Check the sig.
I've already got pictures from the Magic.
And from the Wonder as well.

But if it's an arms race you want...
We want pictures of the boats not pictures of your arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
I'll be glad to be next after Barry.

Since we are showing Cindy's place, I thought I would throw out this pic of the "cute little castle" on the other coast. Crash is looking forward to doing a Coast to Coast sometime and run down the first Main Street.
I'm trying to talk DW into letting me do the Dumbo Challenge out there this year. With that I'd run 4 races to get 7 medals and shirts.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #3679
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
This is on the bucket list. Never been to the west coast on vacation or to DL. It's definitely something we need to get done before the kiddos are out of the house. Nice pic!
Must do for any Disney fan. It sounds corny but this was Walt's place. And with the DCA redo, you have two great parks to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post

This could be Chris ,Scott and I very soon. We may need some bail money lol
I am sure there will be a few more of us in the back trying to chip away at the bars. I don't think the Whispering Canyon will be the same after Thursday.

Finally put the laundry in the washer and may even pack tonight. It is a rare occurrence that I pack before the night I am leaving. Guess I am excited to get out of here.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #3680
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hmmmm...Portland? That's close enough for me to drive to as well. We usually head out from Manchester, NH. Let me know if you end up looking and see good deals out of Portland. I bet I could get permission to go to sunny CA.

We've thought about Manchester simply because you can pick up Southwest there. I think it is about another hour and a half drive.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #3681
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I have no idea how that's going to work. I like the idea of me, you, Barry, Justin, and I can't remember who else sticking together until the castle. But your impending fracture may throw that off. The fact that I want to run the early part slower than you will also throw that off. The fact that Barry has out-worked all of us will also throw that off.
Hmmm. We'll have to see. Currently I am in corral D but I have my 10K time to submit at the expo and see if they move me up (1:07:55). If they move me up to B I will do my best to hang but my first 2 and sometimes 3 miles are under 11 min but after that they start to trail off. Hopefully the adrenaline will keep me going.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #3682
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've thought about Manchester simply because you can pick up Southwest there. I think it is about another hour and a half drive.
Manchester is a nice airport. Certainly better than flying out of Logan.

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #3683
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
Hmmm. We'll have to see. Currently I am in corral D but I have my 10K time to submit at the expo and see if they move me up (1:07:55). If they move me up to B I will do my best to hang but my first 2 and sometimes 3 miles are under 11 min but after that they start to trail off. Hopefully the adrenaline will keep me going.
Last year DW submitted a time of 1:11 for her 10k and she was placed in C (I think)

Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #3684
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Last year DW submitted a time of 1:11 for her 10k and she was placed in C (I think)
if we start at the end of B and you are at the front of C, maybe we can just sneak you up to B.
DIS Dad #400

Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #3685
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200

Must do for any Disney fan. It sounds corny but this was Walt's place. And with the DCA redo, you have two great parks to enjoy.
I'm looking forward to our Oct DL trip, not to take away from our March WDW trip (which will be new to us with new fantasyland and a few things we didn't do in Oct) but DL will be fully new to DD and myself and was able to get 2 southwest tickets to help with the cost of a west coast flight, but excited for both trips
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #3686
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
We want pictures of the boats not pictures of your arms.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #3687
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you don't often run with friends you may find that a race environment, particularly a race environment with people you want to stay with really gives you a huge burst. In my first race that I ran with someone I managed to get within 1 minute of a PR even though it rained the whole race and I hadn't run at all several weeks before because I was getting over a knee injury. In my second race with a friend I PR'd by 11 minutes. Hopefully you'll find the same type of magic at Disney.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #3688
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Manchester is a nice airport. Certainly better than flying out of Logan.

We have connected through Logan a number of times and had no problems except for the very first time in 2004. We were flying from here so we had to do customs at Logan. That was in a totally different terminal from the gate fro our connector and there was no information on how to get from one terminal to the next. We, along with 3 or 4 more families, ended up outside walking along a sidewalk until we found the right terminal and then we had to get in line and go through security again.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #3689
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Try the veal.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #3690
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have connected through Logan a number of times and had no problems except for the very first time in 2004. We were flying from here so we had to do customs at Logan. That was in a totally different terminal from the gate fro our connector and there was no information on how to get from one terminal to the next. We, along with 3 or 4 more families, ended up outside walking along a sidewalk until we found the right terminal and then we had to get in line and go through security again.
Logan's not terrible, I think I'm just tainted but the memories of trying to drive to Logan from Andover on a Friday afternoon. I hated that part. The airport itself wasn't too bad. I like it better than Denver or Dulles.

Closed Thread

Tags
disdads!, happy, holidays

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: