Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
minniebride
DIS Veteran

LOVE Disney Cast Members!!

I know I've read a few threads that say that Disney customer service has lost their magic, but I have to say I have rarely experienced poor customer service at WDW.

My parents are at WDW now and in the past two days, they have encountered such wonderful cast members. When they arrived at Port Orleans they were struggling with their luggage along the pathway to their room and a nice CM on a golf cart immediately stopped, offered to take their luggage, gave them a ride to their building, and carried their luggage righth to their room. My parents tried to offer him a tip, but he refused.

They just called me from the GF, after finishing their dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Last year, right around this time, we had our wedding welcome dinner there. It wasn't a private event or anything, just a large group. Well, the wonderful manager, Kevin, apparently remembered my parents, approached them to say hello and also sent his well wishes to my DH & I. My parents were beyond touched that he remembered them and took the time to walk over and say hello

I'm so glad to know that WDW is still filled with such wonderful cast members-their customer service just makes the trips so special and memorable.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

I agree. We were there in November and had nothing but great interactions with the CMs.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
damaris13
WDW Veteran

We just left and have nothing but rave reviews of the CMs there at Disney. We went to MVMCP last night and a few of the mothers behind us were getting impatient with the wait we had for the princesses. The CMs, a few college-aged guys, came out and entertained my DD and the other little girls while we waited. They had my 3 year old in stitches playing peek-a-boo, even though it was pushing 11. When we were finally led back to see everyone, Aurora and Phillip came out to take my DD's hand and walked her around to Rapunzel, who was first in line. When she reached Aurora and Phillip, they played with her for close to 5 minutes while the PP photographer went to town. Cannot rave enough about all of the CMs. This was only one of many instances.

As a couple: 2001 Offsite DLR / 2003 Offsite WDW / 2005 Offsite WDW / 2006 Offsite WDW / 2007 Offsite WDW / 2008/2009 Counting Down New Year's at WDW with Mickey and the gang and pregnant with DD!
As a family: 2010 DD's first WDW trip, June 2011 DD's first DLR/SoCal trip
damaris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

We were there in early October, and we had nothing but wonderful CM interactions whether it was in the parks or the resorts. And the restaurant staffs -- all of 'em -- wow. Maybe it was because we were first-timers, but I think we've seen sufficient rodeos not to be buffaloed by the Disney magic.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

I've been BOO'ED!!!
DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
blestmom
DIS Veteran

Disney Cast Members are the best! For me, they are what make a great vacation, that much more memorable and enjoyable.
blestmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

We have had some fabulous CM experiences. After our last visit I even submitted comments via the website to praise two people specifically!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
autismmom1
Mouseketeer

Add me to the cast member fan club! We have always been impressed with the kindness and good nature of all the CMs we come in contact with!! From the resorts to the restaurants, the photopass to the characters and their handlers, we are happy to say they bring the actual magic to our vacations at WDW. I always make a point to email WDW after our visits to brag on them!
2012 Oct Contemporary!! (shhhh, it's a surprise!)
2013 Oct POFQ
2014 Oct POFQ

Last edited by autismmom1; 12-10-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: typo
autismmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I actually didn't have as many wonderful CM's as usual on my last trip Working in customer service at a big tourist destination myself, it was really disappointing to me. Not to mention the fact that I've always had AMAZING CM interactions at WDW.

I just figured maybe the Thanksgiving week was very draining so they didn't have as much energy or something since we went the week after. I totally get that. The friendliest CM's were the ones in the World Showcase.

SO GLAD to read this thread about all the good CM interactions lately, though!! I'll be back in January and hope to have better CM interaction.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blestmom View Post
Disney Cast Members are the best! For me, they are what make a great vacation, that much more memorable and enjoyable.
Random question blestmom but what kind of dog is that in your signature block???
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
ashlinicoleee
Earning My Ears

Reading this honestly made me so happy. I'm a former CM and it takes a lot out of us constantly treating every guest with respect when a lot of guests don't treat us with respect. But it is so nice to know that some people do recognize and appreciate how hard we try to give guests a magical experience. I know that sometimes not all cast members are giving you that Disney experience that you've come to know and love, but just remember that everyone has an off day or deals with extremely rude people. But knowing that guests go home and remember just how special a cast member made their vacation makes our job worth it.
ashlinicoleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

This thread did remind me though - I wanted to write to Disney about one CM in particular who was awesome. Does anyone have that email address handy?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
This thread did remind me though - I wanted to write to Disney about one CM in particular who was awesome. Does anyone have that email address handy?
I submitted comments through their online comment form at: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/. I think in the drop down box there's an option for "recent visit comments" or something similar.

I got a response on both the comments I submitted!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Thank you!! Usually I submitted to an email address and a couple of times even got a PHONE CALL thanking me for my comments! I will try this online form. Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian
This is the email address I recommend for comments, good or bad.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
stephm0188
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlinicoleee View Post
Reading this honestly made me so happy. I'm a former CM and it takes a lot out of us constantly treating every guest with respect when a lot of guests don't treat us with respect. But it is so nice to know that some people do recognize and appreciate how hard we try to give guests a magical experience. I know that sometimes not all cast members are giving you that Disney experience that you've come to know and love, but just remember that everyone has an off day or deals with extremely rude people. But knowing that guests go home and remember just how special a cast member made their vacation makes our job worth it.
We were there last week and I kept commenting to my husband that it must take a very special kind of person to work at WDW. It has to be tough and trying at times, especially with so much pressure to be happy happy happy at all times. Still, we have fabulous experiences every time we are there.
stephm0188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: