Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #46
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429

I'm soooo excited for you!!!
It's almost (our) time!!!
I will be VERY interested to hear the outcome of the "third time's the charm...or is it?" visit to Turf Club!
I haven't even started packing...LOL!
I have just been read the riot act by my DH for my lack of packing. I guess that should make me get my act in gear huh?

I will keep you posted on Turf Club for sure,

I am so excited that WE are so close!!

The past:*Sep '14: SOG*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #47
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom
Wow, scary story about your husband. Glad it ended happily.

Certain of my kids never have clothes for vacations either -- even when I specifically sit them down a couple of weeks before and we figure out what they need and go out and get it, comes time to pack and we're short again. We have a bit of an advantage, though, because we stay in condos and so can easily wash stuff while we're there. Dunno what I'd do if I didn't have that option. Put up with kids in scruffy and/or dirty clothes, I guess!
Yes it was pretty scary. I told him if he wanted alone time with me there are better ways. He was NOT amused.

We have always taken advantage of the washers and dryers as well. Sometimes it is nice to go home with clean laundry. We could never have extended our trip last June if not for having the ability to do laundry, even though nobody enjoys doing laundry on vacation.

The past:*Sep '14: SOG*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #48
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl
Hello again. So, you are packed? I haven't even begun packing...am getting all the laundry washed though. I just don't know what to pack...for warm weather or could. I think we will bring a few outfits of each...thank goodness for the washer and dryer. I also would love to get into BOG for lunch. We made ADRs for dinner each night and we couldn't decide on one night and I actually had a spot for the 5 of us at 4:15(or so) at BOG for dinner pulled up on the online resie system and DH said 'nah, don't want to eat there'. So I let it go. Then, a couple weeks later DH was reading some stuff on the Dis and he says to me "I really want to try this new Beauty and the Beast place in the new section of MK"....OMG, I wanted to smack him silly. I really should be packing or cleaning or painting my toes. I need to make a Khols run too...I got DD a shirt there last week to wear at Disney and they didn't remove the sensor (why does a $20 shirt need a sensor anyway?). I'll be looking forward to your TR when I get back. We can compare notes. Oh, and glad your DH is ok. Allergic reactions are scary.

Hi there! OMG if my DH had pulled that (re:BOG) I would have been livid. Luckily for the most part I don't consult anybody about the ADRs. They just trust me to make all the plans which works for me! I do take requests sometimes though.

Can't wait to compare notes!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #49
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Looks like I snuck in just under the wire to wish you an awesome trip! I'm completely jealous! Have a wonderful weekend. I hope everything goes well!
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #50
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom
Looks like I snuck in just under the wire to wish you an awesome trip! I'm completely jealous! Have a wonderful weekend. I hope everything goes well!
Thanks. Glad to see you here! I.just read your plans and will comment on them soon but they sound fun. I am all packed and have one kid also packed. Just two more to go.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #51
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Weather is NOT looking good. You are smart to get out of here Thursday afternoon. We may be right there with you if Maxwell cancels Friday on Thursday. I am off to clean and pack...looks like you are almost set with all that.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #52
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Weather is NOT looking good. You are smart to get out of here Thursday afternoon. We may be right there with you if Maxwell cancels Friday on Thursday. I am off to clean and pack...looks like you are almost set with all that.
Yes I know about the weather. After last week's drama all for nothing....not sure what to expect! I can't imagine they will cancel Friday on Thursday, that's pretty rare. We are always the last to cancel or so it seems.

And all set? HAHAHAHAHAH! I am on the computer when what I should be doing is a little more packing but with it being a surprise...not sure what I can do.

If school is delayed it is going to mess with our schedule. We may not even send the kids at all since we want to leave early and they would be there late. I may go into work just to do my timesheet and leave and then get home and pack. We would just have to surprise them all together and they would finish helping pack themselves!

So I'm in a total holding pattern right now. I just finished playing tennis this evening and I haven't gotten myself motivated yet to do more stuff for tomorrow. I really need to get off this computer and do that!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #53
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, I LOVE YA, TOMORROW...well maybe

Ah the joys of weather, just waiting there to mess with any well-laid plans.

Am I done packing? Nope. My plan was to do that in about a 2-hour timeframe tomorrow between 10am and 12pm when the kids were at school.

Why is this a problem? Because right now there is a very real possibility that the kids will go to school late....like school will START for them at 11am. We'd put them on the bus at 10am....just to pick them up at noon or 1pm. Not sure it's worth it except for our own peace to get stuff done without them helping but not really helping!

See if the county delays school tomorrow, they will no longer get out early. That puts a major crimp in our plan.

I'm actually sitting here discussing leaving at 4am now...seriously did I just say that?

I don't know..stay tuned because our trip could actually begin in LESS than 12 hours!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #54
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Yes I know about the weather. After last week's drama all for nothing....not sure what to expect! I can't imagine they will cancel Friday on Thursday, that's pretty rare. We are always the last to cancel or so it seems.

And all set? HAHAHAHAHAH! I am on the computer when what I should be doing is a little more packing but with it being a surprise...not sure what I can do.

If school is delayed it is going to mess with our schedule. We may not even send the kids at all since we want to leave early and they would be there late. I may go into work just to do my timesheet and leave and then get home and pack. We would just have to surprise them all together and they would finish helping pack themselves!

So I'm in a total holding pattern right now. I just finished playing tennis this evening and I haven't gotten myself motivated yet to do more stuff for tomorrow. I really need to get off this computer and do that!
Drat that darn weather throwing a wrench in you plans! I just KNOW that everything will go smoothly for you tomorrow! I think the surprise is SO much fun! We've done that twice. A couple summers ago we surprised the two youngest (Oldest DS knew we were going) and last January I surprised middle DS when we took off for the World. Sooooo much fun!

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #55
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Safe travels! I hope your kids were super excited when you let them in on the surprise. Have a great trip!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Hey there!!
Hope you will see this!!
I sent you a PM with my contact info incase we have a chance to meet up!
Happy travels!!!!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #57
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl
Safe travels! I hope your kids were super excited when you let them in on the surprise. Have a great trip!
Thanks! Well my 12yo as always was just obnoxious. He hates surprises and I should know better by now. They were happy to find out we were going but wished we were flying. Hope the girls get thru their stuff tomorrow. So nice about that teacher!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #58
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429
Hey there!!
Hope you will see this!!
I sent you a PM with my contact info incase we have a chance to meet up!
Happy travels!!!!
Hey there I replied. Safe travels to you too!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #59
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

So you may have guessed but we are on the road and about halfway thru the drive right now. The weather did make us change plans but that's ok since it will mean mode Disney time. I am running on about % hours of sleep right now.

So at 4am my phone notified me that I could report to work after 8am and we just knew with a look at roads kids would at least get a delay. I needed to turn in my timesheet at work to get paid so I had to go to the office when the roads were at their worst shape. So I got up around 4:30am and was driving to work by about 5am.

It was bad and I avoided many idiots spinning out and walking in front of me at on point. I have 4WD drive and plenty of bad weather driving experience though. I carefully got to work and got my timesheet turned in and then I left. I was back home around 6:15am and DH had the kids up.

DD10 knew where we were going and DS12 was being a total jerk about not knowing our plans. He just gets nasty. I just need to learn not to surprise him any more!

So we were all packed on hit the road close to 6:30am. Dropped the dog off with my SIL and picked up MIL and FIL and their luggage (they all live in same house) and hit WaWa for some food.

I monitored traffic on my phone via Google Maps while DH drove. It wasn't horrible but slow going and plenty of accidents.

We have already stopped for lunch at BK in NC and should arrive in FLA around 10pm. We plan to stop for one nice sit-down meal probably in GA. I don't have a hotel reserved yet for tonight. Debating a Disney Value or just an outside park place. Budget would be outside and since website of Disney doesn't take same day reservations I'd have to call to check rates. So budget offsite will probably win.

Good news is we should be able to get a full park day in tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #60
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Hey there I replied. Safe travels to you too!
Hmmm....I don't see a reply message. Maybe it hasn't come through yet??

I'm sorry the weather and the accidents are causing you a headache! It was pretty bd in our area too.
DH missed a fairly important meeting this morning because he was stuck behind accidents THREE trimes on his way!
Ugh.
Hopefully it's getting better...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: