Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #91
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Great updates! But you coulda given me a little hint over on FB that you had started this thing! You had a great view at the Dolphin. One of these days that'll work out for me and actually be cheaper than staying at a mod, but it hasn't happened yet.

Your pictures are getting me so excited for my trip! I feel like I'm going to Disney for the first time all over again...every time I see something holiday-related, I just think...oh, wow! I'm going to get to see that??!!

Anyway....more food...I have to try that wine in Italy. And Chefs is an excellent lunch choice. Wasn't thrilled with dinner there, but lunch is awesome. Their soups and salad are fantastic, as is the croque monsieur. I had the same thing the last two times I've been there.

That gingerbread cupcake at Starring Rolls looks amazing. I have got to try that. Needless to say, not doing a lot of top shelf dining with Max, so there will be plenty of room for snacks.

Yachtsman is so good! Mark and I had our anniversary dinner there last summer and I ate so much...well...let's just say it wasn't pretty. That mac and cheese is one of the greatest things I've ever eaten and that was on top of amazing steaks and appetizers! We had a great waiter there, too. So glad you enjoyed your meal there!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #92
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Love the reviews so far!

I just found out I am taking a trip there Jan 5th-9th (2 of those days being for work) and am so excited!!! Now I am trying to figure out where to eat. Yachtsman is about the only signature Corey would eat at so I am thinking I should do something different but I don't know what yet!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #94
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

Yachtsman!!!

Time at DS looked great. How nice to run into someone else that was following you here on the DIS.

I am so glad you didn't cancel your ressies at the Yachtsman. It is our favorite restaurant at WDW. When my husband and I, along with my eldest daughter and her husband went in January '11, one of our first dinners on the DxDP was at Yachtsman. We loved it so much, we cancelled a ressie later in the week so we could return. Our waiter both times (2nd time requested) was David - he was great! The New York Strip is the only PRIME grade steak they have there. Prime is hard to come by at restaurants. It melts in your mouth! I love the peppercorn sauce.

I'll bet you all slept well that night!

Looking forward to reading more soon.

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #95
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Mmmm, onion rolls. I need to put Yachtsman on my list for May.

Jill in CO
Have you been there before? If you not you will LOVE it so much it will be a must do for every trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I like the idea of just us "sisters" going together.
I like this too...lets make it happen soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Love Yachtsman's. So good! It is one of our favorites.

And your snacks. . . . . yummmmmmm.
We love Yachtsman too...we cancelled it this past Oct for Le Cellier and while we loved LC I wish we had kept YM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
That cupcake looks soooo yummy. I hate the fact I am going to miss that when I am there in Feb. boo

Glad you guys had such a great time!
I bet you will have great Valentines Cupcakes in Feb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
My filet melted in my mouth and had so much flavor...it was out of this world. I didn't care for the spinach as much as you (I've had better at Lawry's...but it was good).

We actually did one Signature years ago -- Hollywood Brown Derby, but we hated it. Yachtsman is already on the list for next year.
I am so glad we kept the YM even though we were all so tired...the food perked us up, for a short time at least! I forgot you ate at HBD a few years ago..you didnt like it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great updates! But you coulda given me a little hint over on FB that you had started this thing! You had a great view at the Dolphin. One of these days that'll work out for me and actually be cheaper than staying at a mod, but it hasn't happened yet.

Sorry about that but I knew you would find me one way or another! I really enjoy the Dolphin, I hope Todd lets me book our 11 night Oct stay there, it would be so much easier

Your pictures are getting me so excited for my trip! I feel like I'm going to Disney for the first time all over again...every time I see something holiday-related, I just think...oh, wow! I'm going to get to see that??!!

You two are going to have the most fun! Take in every minute of the decorations, they are truly gorgeous

Anyway....more food...I have to try that wine in Italy. And Chefs is an excellent lunch choice. Wasn't thrilled with dinner there, but lunch is awesome. Their soups and salad are fantastic, as is the croque monsieur. I had the same thing the last two times I've been there.

The wine is great, you must make a stop there.

That gingerbread cupcake at Starring Rolls looks amazing. I have got to try that. Needless to say, not doing a lot of top shelf dining with Max, so there will be plenty of room for snacks.

Get there early before they close on you ha ha

Yachtsman is so good! Mark and I had our anniversary dinner there last summer and I ate so much...well...let's just say it wasn't pretty. That mac and cheese is one of the greatest things I've ever eaten and that was on top of amazing steaks and appetizers! We had a great waiter there, too. So glad you enjoyed your meal there!
It was an amazing meal, we all left full and happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Love the reviews so far!

I just found out I am taking a trip there Jan 5th-9th (2 of those days being for work) and am so excited!!! Now I am trying to figure out where to eat. Yachtsman is about the only signature Corey would eat at so I am thinking I should do something different but I don't know what yet!
Thank you! Thats great news that you are going back again, have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loving the reviews as usual. It is fun seeing Katy's comments, too. I want to do a girls trip someday. Right now though, my family would be so mad at me if I went without them.
You should do a girls trip, I hope Kathy and I can do one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
Time at DS looked great. How nice to run into someone else that was following you here on the DIS.

It happens more than you can imagine! Todd is used to it by now

I am so glad you didn't cancel your ressies at the Yachtsman. It is our favorite restaurant at WDW. When my husband and I, along with my eldest daughter and her husband went in January '11, one of our first dinners on the DxDP was at Yachtsman. We loved it so much, we cancelled a ressie later in the week so we could return. Our waiter both times (2nd time requested) was David - he was great! The New York Strip is the only PRIME grade steak they have there. Prime is hard to come by at restaurants. It melts in your mouth! I love the peppercorn sauce.

We love it so much, I could eat steak every single night! Next time we go I have to get the NY StripI'll bet you all slept well that night!

Looking forward to reading more soon.
More coming right up!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #96
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Have you been there before? If you not you will LOVE it so much it will be a must do for every trip

I have been before but can't wait to go again!

Jill in CO
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #97
WDW2012
Mouseketeer

Subbing. Looks like you all had a great time. Looking forward to the rest.

'80/'83/'90 off-site; '93 CBR; '96 ASM; '98 Dolphin; '05 off-site; '09 THV; '10 YC; '12 SSR

WDW2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #98
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:

Her favorite item is the lemon meringue tart. She really enjoyed it and offered me a bite but I am not a fan of meringue

mmmmm Lemon Meringue is one of my absolute favorites.

Quote:
As we strolled along the countries Andy and I popped into Tangierine Cafe and I picked up some bakalava for Mark and myself. I had a walnut one and he had the pistachio. These were not good, they were too stale

ooh and baklava too. you're killing me here!
Quote:
I had a glass of Rosa Regale from Italy. In the past I have been given a small dark chocolate with my wine but this time they charged me a quarter . The wine was excellent, crisp and cold, a bit sweet and just perfect with the dark chocolate, it really enhances the flavor of both items

Whats Germany without caramel? I told Todd he could pick and he ordered a pecan covered caramel chocolate pretzel stick. He thought it was ok, he wished he had the one without the nuts...but I loved it!

I was not hungry till I started looking at these photos. THat wine looks good too - I love pairing wine with chocolate, esp dark chocolate.
Quote:

So here it is, in all its glory, I present - THE GINGERBREAD HOLIDAY CUPCAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

oh I can see following you will be dangerous Nikki -- you like all my favorites!

Quote:

Quote:

Pretzel, the best in the world!

Can you believe I've never had a mickey pretzel? GASP!

Quote:

Quote:
And a souvenier mug, holiday style, with soda for just $5! Bargain! I have been using mine every day, a great way to relive our trip

did they let you get it filled around the parks? that would have been a great bonus. but it is a great looking mug. I love my DDP mugs and use them every single day.

Quote:

Quote:

Kathy and I bought ordered a Snowball...this drink was fantastic! Very creamy and not too sweet and just delish...I have been making them at home as a treat after a busy day or not so busy day at the office

that is EXACTLY what my eyes went to when I looked at the menu. that looks delicious.

Love how you are famous at DisneyWorld!

Quote:

oh my gosh is that a dish of roasted garlic cloves? how freakin' fantastic! I love roasted garlic spread on a warm roll, or mixed in with potatoes.

Your steaks and dishes look fabulous. I need to go take a walk now and get over this false hunger becuase everything looks so yummy!

Am I right that you were not using a DDP but TIW for everything? Was it worth it to purchase the TIW card?
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #99
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki,
OMG, the Snowball drink sounds great!! I'm going through withdrawal. I don't know how I'm ever going to wait for my next trip!! I love your reviews. I can never get enough of them!!
Joan
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #100
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Great Yachtsman review!

One of the few restaurants I haven't tried, but always hear great things about.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #101
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the YC! If the prices keep climbing and discounts keep dwindling I am never going to stay there anymore I was scouring the boards for new cupcakes and had a running list of what I wanted to try!
We have an awesome discount so I am keeping it!! Keeping anything for a week is difficult for me...so 8 months ugh!!

Sorry I missed your reply before Nicki, posting from my phone....bah humbug!

I met my BFF on the Dis, Janet B, she is a true gift and I will be forever thankful, I also have my "little sis from the Dis" who lives in Staten Island (30 min away from me) You wanna know where we FINALLY met in person...the Poly There's NOTHING like the DIS family

Quote:
I want one right now too! Never had a bad meal at the Yachtsman but I will say the filet at Le Cellier with the truffle butter...well that was better but the NY strip at YM was better than the filet. Dis superstar...lol, Todd will get a kick out of that one
We ate at Le Cellier, let's say DH refuses to "dress" on vacation...so getting him back to Canada may be easier than Yachtsman...one day... The kiddos won't be little forever

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #102
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Whew! So glad that Starring Rolls truly recognized a snack emergency and opened their doors. Interesting how those cookies just disappear! But the highlight for me would be the gingerbread cupcake - that looks amazing!

Glad you all enjoyed Yachtsman! The steaks look awesome and the sides - ahhhhh soooo delish! What a great way to celebrate Mark's special day!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #103
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great review of the Yachtsman but OMG that Gingerbread holiday cupcake is to die for!!!!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #104
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I have been before but can't wait to go again!
Jill in CO
Lets go right now, I am in the mood for garlic on rolls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW2012 View Post
Subbing. Looks like you all had a great time. Looking forward to the rest.
Its was the best time ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
mmmmm Lemon Meringue is one of my absolute favorites.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
ooh and baklava too. you're killing me here!

I was not hungry till I started looking at these photos. THat wine looks good too - I love pairing wine with chocolate, esp dark chocolate.

She really enjoyed that tart, too bad the bakalava looks better than it tasted. I love that wine, I buy it at our local Publix grocery store and pretend I am in Epcot lol

oh I can see following you will be dangerous Nikki -- you like all my favorites!

But wait, there is more favorites to come!
[SIZE=3]

Can you believe I've never had a mickey pretzel? GASP!

You must get one, they are great!

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]
did they let you get it filled around the parks? that would have been a great bonus. but it is a great looking mug. I love my DDP mugs and use them every single day.

We never tried, we just asked for the drink without ice and when it was empty put it in my bag

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]

that is EXACTLY what my eyes went to when I looked at the menu. that looks delicious.

Love how you are famous at DisneyWorld!

What, me famous?

oh my gosh is that a dish of roasted garlic cloves? how freakin' fantastic! I love roasted garlic spread on a warm roll, or mixed in with potatoes.

I could live on roasted garlic!

Your steaks and dishes look fabulous. I need to go take a walk now and get over this false hunger becuase everything looks so yummy!

Am I right that you were not using a DDP but TIW for everything? Was it worth it to purchase the TIW card?
We used TIW and it is totally worth it...bought it in Oct and we used it for 11 days, then the 4 days in Dec and plan on using it again for another 11 days in October...hopefully more over the year too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi Nicki,
OMG, the Snowball drink sounds great!! I'm going through withdrawal. I don't know how I'm ever going to wait for my next trip!! I love your reviews. I can never get enough of them!!
Joan
Thank you Joan! I would love to get away in Jan or Feb for a long weekend, hopefully that will come together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Great Yachtsman review! One of the few restaurants I haven't tried, but always hear great things about.
You must try it, the place is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I met my BFF on the Dis, Janet B, she is a true gift and I will be forever thankful, I also have my "little sis from the Dis" who lives in Staten Island (30 min away from me) You wanna know where we FINALLY met in person...the Poly There's NOTHING like the DIS family

We ate at Le Cellier, let's say DH refuses to "dress" on vacation...so getting him back to Canada may be easier than Yachtsman...one day... The kiddos won't be little forever
You do meet the most wonderful people on the Dis! I have been fortunate to meet many of them and hope to meet many more! The signatures are not really dressy dress...we were in park attire as were many other diners

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Whew! So glad that Starring Rolls truly recognized a snack emergency and opened their doors. Interesting how those cookies just disappear! But the highlight for me would be the gingerbread cupcake - that looks amazing!

Glad you all enjoyed Yachtsman! The steaks look awesome and the sides - ahhhhh soooo delish! What a great way to celebrate Mark's special day!
I was so happy they let me in! It was totally worth it, that cupcake was too yummy to pass up! Yachtsman is def my favorite, how can you go wrong with steak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great review of the Yachtsman but OMG that Gingerbread holiday cupcake is to die for!!!!
Thank you! I wish I was munching on that cupcake right now
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #105
MickeyNicki

Good morning! While we were eating our dinner at the Yachtsman the kids asked what time breakfast at Kona was the next day .... when we said 7:30 am they both looked at us like so we told them they didnt have to go, the 4 of us would be ok without them What seemed like great ideas while we were planning this for 6 months really wore us out! So the kids slept in and we both took cabs from our resorts and arrived at the Poly shortly after 7am. Kona wasnt open yet so I took pictures of the Coffee Bar

The Poly was super duper quiet that early but by 7:45 it was really picking up, mostly for Ohana breakfast. We were seated at Kona right at 7:30 and Kathy and I both chanted Pressed Pot Pressed Pot Pressed Pot like coffee starved nut cases We all needed the boost so we had 4 pots for the 4 of us and it was wonderful!! I cannot say enough good things about the coffee at Kona...yes it is totally worth the price!

Todd had OJ, Kathy had the lilikoi juice..I think Mark had juice too

Condiments for our meals

I had a customized dish...I just wanted meat, eggs and tomatoes...the waitress said to order the Big Kahuna with just bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and tomato slices. The bacon was to die for, real honest to goodness thick and not too smokey bacon! I loved it but there was so much I had to share it. The sausage was excellent, the eggs were out of this world! Super creamy and tasty. The tomato slices were very good too, I shared with Mark.

Mark had the Big Kahuna the normal way but with the butter and pineapple sauce on the side and he really loved it

Kathy had her favorite, french toast and bacon! She loved it, especially the bacon which was super duper good!

And last but not least was Todd, he had what he always does, the TONGA TOAST! He loves this so much and he is a big sweet eater so this is just perfect for him

We all had the remaining pressed pot coffee to go and I must say Mark and I were a little overly animated...that coffee really perked us up! Kathy even sent Mark to the corner to behave, she gave him a time out and he went! I never laughed so hard! The four of us had a great meal and alot of fun goofing around! As soon as we left Kona the monorail pulled up and we flew out the door! Time to do MK for the day! Kath, post that picture of Todd sleeping on the monorail, its a hoot!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: