Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #46
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Friday morning the plan was to eat at Sunshine Seasons but Todd and I were up super early for some bizarre reason and we were hungry...no surprise there!

It was a humid morning and it was 7am, boats do not run that early so we strolled to the Beach Club to get breakfast at the Marketplace.

Are these not the cutest thing? I am not a vinylmation fan but these ornaments were adorable!

Cupcake in a mug anyone?

My mission on this trip was to try as many cupcakes as I could...so of course I had to get this one! Its gingerbread with a peppermint frosting. It wasnt the greatest, I think it wasnt cold from being in the fridge it would have been better. The cake was dry and the frosting hard and sweet.

I asked for a plate of bacon and eggs and they told me I could get a side too so I picked the berry yogurt with berries on top. The eggs were great, the bacon was awesome and Todd loved the yogurt. The cashier charged us as a kids meal and told me to get a water, milk or juice too...that was nice

Todd had the breakfast sandwich on a bagel instead of bread. There was cheese (you can choose american or provolone) scrambled eggs and bacon. He really enjoyed this, didnt eat the potatoes though.

After breakfast we went to Epcot and they opened earlier than 9am for some reason, we didnt complain at all though Met up with Kathy and the gang at Test Track (not a fan of the new version) and then went to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast part 2!

Kathy and Mark shared OJ and a cinnamon bun and Mark had yogurt.

While not a cupcake, I wanted it anyways, Todd and I shared the apple caramel crunch cake. This was nothing to get excited about. It was soft and had nice apples in the middle but after 2 bites I was done with it. I think I liked the thought of it because I have not had apples in 8 months!

Now it was time to get down to business and do some rides before lunch!

The cupcake in the cup looks adorable...sorry you didn't like it.

I had forgotten you ate breakfast earlier than us; I have to say even though I don't like cinnamon rolls especially, that one was very tasty.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #47
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Lunchtime! Todays choice was Chefs de France. Seems I was the only one that tried it for lunch and the gang loved the menu so it was a great fit....add Remy into the mix and we were all happy!

Here is the bread...the hot, crusty but soft inside bread...everyone enjoyed it and I have to wonder why we didnt ask for more?

Todd, Kathy and myself opted for the price fixe menu. Kathy and Todd had the French Onion soup, it was a large portion and they both enjoyed it, lots of cheese in that bowl!

I had the lobster bisque...OMG...this was creamy and velvety and smooth and hot and the best part? Yes the bowl was huge but the amount of lobster in there was insane! There was tons of it! I ate every single spoonful and wish I held out the bowl and said "More please"

Todd, Kathy and Mark had the toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a side salad topped with a vinegrette dressing. Again, all three enjoyed their meal. Kathy, the bestie that she is, gave me her salad...I just love that salad!

Des had a bowl of the lobster bisque

Andy was torn on what to get, the salmon or the mac and cheese. I told him I have had the mac and cheese and it was to die for so he ordered it...he was ok with it until the neighboring table had the salmon and it looked wonderful. No worries though, he loved the mac and cheese!

My choice was the ham and cheese quiche with the side salad. I loved the salad, the quiche was very good but the ham was diced too small and it became hard from the cooking process. I ate the filling and left the crust

Since three of us had the set menu we had dessert and shared it. I told Andy to pick what he wanted because I wasnt in the mood for sweets. He had the chocolate mousse and it was served with a little marble cake

Kathy let Mark choose and he ordered the assortments of sorbets with berries. I know Mango was one flavor, I think lemon was the other..he let me have the berries and they were awesome

Todd had the fresh strawberry and cream cake with strawberry sorbet and sauce. The cake was a bit hard and dry but mix it all together and it wasnt that bad

Another great meal!

Last edited by MickeyNicki; 12-14-2012 at 09:14 PM.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #48
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Joining in.

All that food looks amazing!!!!

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #49
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I'm going to have to try one of those apple shots in Germany!!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'll come back later with comments on our lunch at Chefs.

But here is a shameless plug for the TR that goes with this dining review for anyone interested:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033112
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #51
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

I think the plan is Dec 5-8, 2013, hope to see you! Beaches and Cream is so good!

we will have a couple of times to try and meet up!

love the mickey mug with the cupcake, sorry it wasn't fresh!
bummer about the yucky drinks too!

Santa's bringing megan one of the vinylmations! she is getting quite the collection!

drooling over all the food photos...we had dinner at LeChefs and LOVED it! what no one got the creme brulee could make a meal out of the french onion soup and all the bread!

mommy2mrb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #52
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki,
I've been waiting for your trip and reviews!!! I need my Disney food fix!! I've never been to Chefs and the mac and cheese looks great. I'm veggie, so I'm going to have to try that on my next trip in August. I have to wait so long. You're so lucky you live so close to DW. Thanks again for your reviews!
Joan
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #53
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Chefs -- one of my favorite meals of the trip. I cannot believe that Mark and I never ventured into this restaurant before. Mark and I really enjoyed it and plan on going back in August. I think Mark wants to try that mac and cheese next time. And my soup was outstanding. And happy to share my salad with you...not a big salad eater unless it's ceasar.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Hi Nicki! I followed you over from Kathy's TR and had to say hello. Feel like I know you from Kathy's TRs

I am enjoying your reviews and food photos so far.

Boma sounded yummy....mmmm sweet potato pancakes? Goat cheese & chive eggs? I'm sold.

Too bad the the drinks were too icky sweet. and that your cute cupcake was dry. I hate when i dig into something and it turns out dry or just not calorie worthy. The apple cupcake looked yummmm

I am a huge salad eater too so could relate to the yum factor of Kathy sharing hers. We enjoyed Les Chefs for dinner last summer and the lunch looks great too. That mac & cheese....mmmmmm

thanks for sharing, subbing for more reviews!
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:21 AM   #56
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

I'm on board. I just love the little video of Mark seeing you both at CSR!

Did the Cupcake in the Mickey Cup include the cup? It looks ceramic, was it?

I am loving reading of a terrific trip for all 6 of you. Great weather, great friends, great family and a birthday to boot! Who could ask for more?

Read you soon! (Hopefully Kathy will post a link in this TR when hers is ready to go.

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #57
bigal'sdaughter
Mouseketeer

Thank you again for an awesome review!

Hi! Just wanted to say thanks and how much I love your reviews! Now that our kiddos are getting a bit older - evenings in Epcot - our favorite!- are back on the agenda! Can't wait for more!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #58
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
I'm on board. I just love the little video of Mark seeing you both at CSR!

Did the Cupcake in the Mickey Cup include the cup? It looks ceramic, was it?

I am loving reading of a terrific trip for all 6 of you. Great weather, great friends, great family and a birthday to boot! Who could ask for more?

Read you soon! (Hopefully Kathy will post a link in this TR when hers is ready to go.
Hi, there. I actually did link it somewhere in here, but here it is again:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033112

Glad you enjoyed the video. I also have the video of the surprise about the trip, but can't post it here because Mark lets loose with two bad words. I could only post it on my FB page (I can PM you the link if you want).
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #59
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Oh, yay! You're back! I always enjoy your reviews, and this one is especially fun. Now, tell me how you and Kathy know each other ...... (I have a lot of time....)
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #60
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm joining in!! Now to go catch up

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: