Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #31
tallen429
DIS Veteran

I gained a pound just reading...
And that open faced sandwich....droooool.

Egg rolls??

"mmmmmm...egggrooollllls" (in my best Homer Simpson voice")

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #32
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I am following you over from Kathy's PTR.

I also followed you on your last food review and I really enjoyed it so I am looking forward to reading more on this one!

I wonder how many walk ups I can count....
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
BOMA BOMA BOMA!

Yes!! We are going to get a walk up on this trip! We showered and checked out of the hotel and drove right over to the AKL.

The tree at AKL is beautiful, and I was drooling looking at your breakfast pictures.

After a wonderful filling meal, with amazing coffee by the way, we hopped in the car to drive to DTD...believe it or not the parking lot was filling up! Come on Todd we have some shopping to do!
LOVE shopping.

Quote:

Great picture!

I was able to pick up a few things for my youngest niece and we had some fun just checking out the area and of course snacking!

Goofy's Candy Shop

I'll take one of each please.

No trip is complete without a pretzel! This one is a sour cream and onion...he loved it!

Of course.

Quote:

Great view.

So glad we got to see the decorations here.

At this time Kathy text me to tell me to get on over to the CSR so we could surprise Mark and let me tell you he was bowled over!

My phone was going to die after all the texting we were doing from the moment we landed.

Here is the tree at the CSR

It is a beautiful tree.

Quote:
Once we did our suprise to Mark and hugs and kisses all around we went back to the Dolphin to relax while Kathy and family did the same. The plan was to meet up in the lobby of the Dolphin so we could tour the resorts and have dinner at Beaches and Cream

For those of you who aren't following my PTR or my TR which hasn't started yet, here's the video of my husband seeing Nicki...not only did he not know about the trip until the night we packed, he did not know Nicki and Todd were coming until they showed up:

Des had the cheeseburger and I am guessing she liked it because she was very quiet during that meal

Yes, we was quiet during the meal...but then we didn't really let her get in a word either.

Todd and Mark both had the open faced pot roast sandwich and they said it was very tasty, a bit too much potato but overall a winner

Fantastic meal at Beaches and Cream, would not hesitate to go back!
We are still talking about how much we enjoyed that meal...delicious. A great way to start the trip.

Quote:
Of course and it was the BESTEST trip ever...we must do this every year!

We've had some wonderful and memorable trips, but this one was definitely the tops for us.

So happy you are in for the trip of a lifetime! 6 months of keeping it a secret was a killer!
It sure was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we don't spend too much time in our room either will have to have Kathy ask Des when/where she got it, never seen it in the parks
Des said she got it in Epcot in February when she was there with Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !! Loving your reviews so far !! Looking forward to seeing what Kathy has to add as well. Love seeing that her son and his GF came along. I have been looking to see if she was going to start a TR, but so far she hasn't. I feel sure that she will though.
Hey, Susan. The TR will be started next week. I'm hoping to order the Photopass CD and am having it sent overnight mail and then I can start.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #34
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in! Just what I needed this week after the big reorg at work...a Nicki dining review!!!

Jill in CO
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

So excited that your sharing another TR.. I just finished reading your birthday report and loved it. Can't wait to hear about this one.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #36
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

This is so much EPIC goodness! The snacks, the food, the adorable photos... what a great start! I am so looking forward to reading along!!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #37
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Hopped over from Kathy's PTR/TR... Love how this trip came together and that you were able to pull it off!

And all of this food is just amazing! I've added several to our must do list for our next trip.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #38
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw you are so sweet!
Thanks Nicki! I loved Kathy's last TR and followed Mark's surprise all along so hearing about it from both TRs rocks!!! I love the DTD pics..esp. those treats YUMMY!!!

Beaches & Cream is SO on the list for my next trip!!! Great pics

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

lqurkin \keboajrd deajd

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #40
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am here and following along! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful food you guys ate
Glad you found me! We ate alot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine1109 View Post
Hi Nicki, Happy to see you started your report!! It was so great you and Todd were able to be there for Marks special trip. Seems you all got a lot done that first day. Already makes me want to get back to Disney next year at Christmas!! Elaine
Hi Elaine! We had so much fun, I wish we were still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars View Post
Always enjoy your reviews, glad to see another one!
Thank you! Happy to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Checking in late, sorry, but I am here to stay (and read) now!
Hi Karin! You are not late at all, just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
A bit late but here! Love that Todd surprised you with an earlier trip on Marks surprise trip! Really looking forward to more!
It was a few days full of lots of surprises and tons of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbiatexas View Post
super excited to hear your reviews.....
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Yay! I've been eagerly waiting! How. Fun!!
Sounds like a fabulous trip and I can't wait to read more! Love the photos, you all look great!
You have been waiting lol! We have all been waiting forever for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we will be there Nov 26 - Dec 7 2013 and staying at AofA...Kathy already knows about our dates too! we've GOT TO MEET you all!

Beaches & cream looks yummy, haven't eaten there since 2008 might need to try it again next year!
I think the plan is Dec 5-8, 2013, hope to see you! Beaches and Cream is so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Love your reviews! Glad there's another set to read.
Glad you are joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWaffles View Post
Beaches and Cream looked great! I love reading your reviews.
Thank you, I love to write them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay can't wait to read your reviews, loving them so far! I love Beaches and Cream, I've only been once but it was adorable and I'd love to go back! Boma is always so good for breakfast, yum!
B&C is the best, I wish we could eat there more often! Boma is our favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !! Loving your reviews so far !! Looking forward to seeing what Kathy has to add as well. Love seeing that her son and his GF came along. I have been looking to see if she was going to start a TR, but so far she hasn't. I feel sure that she will though.
YAY you made it! The 6 of us had too much fun and we laughed the entire time! I think Kathy is waiting for the Photopass CD before she starts her reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reking96 View Post
Following ... You are the QUEEN of dinning reviews! I hope to do one half as well as yours someday!
At least I am the queen of something
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #41
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen429 View Post
I gained a pound just reading...
And that open faced sandwich....droooool.

Egg rolls??

"mmmmmm...egggrooollllls" (in my best Homer Simpson voice")
The guys loved that sandwich! Todd and his egg rolls...thats all he would eat if I let him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am following you over from Kathy's PTR.

I also followed you on your last food review and I really enjoyed it so I am looking forward to reading more on this one!

I wonder how many walk ups I can count....
Welcome! Boma was the only walk up we had, the rest of the trip was very scheduled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE shopping.

Thats why we always make a shopping day when you come to see me!

It is a beautiful tree.

One of the nicest we found

We are still talking about how much we enjoyed that meal...delicious. A great way to start the trip.

Agreed!
Cant wait to see those pictures larger than the photopass site allows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! Just what I needed this week after the big reorg at work...a Nicki dining review!!!

Jill in CO
Hi Jill! You are going to love this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
So excited that your sharing another TR.. I just finished reading your birthday report and loved it. Can't wait to hear about this one.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
This is so much EPIC goodness! The snacks, the food, the adorable photos... what a great start! I am so looking forward to reading along!!
Hi Brenda! Lots more coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Hopped over from Kathy's PTR/TR... Love how this trip came together and that you were able to pull it off!

And all of this food is just amazing! I've added several to our must do list for our next trip.

D~
It was the best and the two of us succeeded in keeping our yaps shut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Beaches & Cream is SO on the list for my next trip!!! Great pics
You must go, its so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Rollout the welcome mat!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #42
MickeyNicki

After dinner the plan was to tour the resorts and then go back our own resort to rest because we were getting up early the next day. Well we did tour the Beach Club since we were right there but Des needed to pick up her AP at Epcot and we talked Andy into spending $10 more to get an extra night on his tickets and we decided to go to Epcot for the night!

First stop was France, Kathy had to get her Grand Marnier Slushie, and I know she loved it!

Of course the guys had beer in Germany but I dont know what kind they had...all I know is they loved it!

I tried a few things, nothing that I cared for because they were wicked sweet! The one thing I loved was the shot of apple stuff...that was so good and had a nice kick to it

My first drink was the Winters Dream Williams Punch. This was so sicky sweet that one sip was all I could muster...and everyone that tried it agreed BLECH! It was served warm with whipped cream and nutmeg on top

My second drink was Schonauer Apfel. This was served warm too, it was a salted caramel cream drink with whipped cream and caramel on top and you are supposed to pour the apple shot into it. I tried the drink first and it was also sicky sweet. Then I tried the shot and that was ice cold and wonderful. Then I added the two together and it was just ick. Wish I just drank the shot

As we were sipping and walking I smelled brats...I just had to have one! I ate the brat, Todd ate the bun and sauerkraut....it was fantastic! I love these and wish we stayed longer so I could get another one

Kathy and Todd had popcorn and they munched too fast and I forgot to take a picture but you all know what popcorn looks like

On the way out of Epcot we toured the BWI lobby but first we had to take a peek in the bakery...except it was packed and I couldnt get any pictures

I will let Kathy post the resort pictures in her TR and keep this one to dining only...well mostly dining only!

We said our goodbyes and off to bed we all went...except Des and Andy who partied the night away!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #43
KatMark
DIS Veteran

That drink you had was disgustingly sweet.

I'm so glad you could talk Andy into spending the $10.00 to buy the extra day...it was so great to have an extra night in Epcot. I can't believe after the early hour we were up that they stayed for Illuminations.

The popcorn was super yummy as always...no one makes popcorn like Disney.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #44
MickeyNicki

Friday morning the plan was to eat at Sunshine Seasons but Todd and I were up super early for some bizarre reason and we were hungry...no surprise there!

It was a humid morning and it was 7am, boats do not run that early so we strolled to the Beach Club to get breakfast at the Marketplace.

Are these not the cutest thing? I am not a vinylmation fan but these ornaments were adorable!

Cupcake in a mug anyone?

My mission on this trip was to try as many cupcakes as I could...so of course I had to get this one! Its gingerbread with a peppermint frosting. It wasnt the greatest, I think it wasnt cold from being in the fridge it would have been better. The cake was dry and the frosting hard and sweet.

I asked for a plate of bacon and eggs and they told me I could get a side too so I picked the berry yogurt with berries on top. The eggs were great, the bacon was awesome and Todd loved the yogurt. The cashier charged us as a kids meal and told me to get a water, milk or juice too...that was nice

Todd had the breakfast sandwich on a bagel instead of bread. There was cheese (you can choose american or provolone) scrambled eggs and bacon. He really enjoyed this, didnt eat the potatoes though.

After breakfast we went to Epcot and they opened earlier than 9am for some reason, we didnt complain at all though Met up with Kathy and the gang at Test Track (not a fan of the new version) and then went to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast part 2!

Kathy and Mark shared OJ and a cinnamon bun and Mark had yogurt.

While not a cupcake, I wanted it anyways, Todd and I shared the apple caramel crunch cake. This was nothing to get excited about. It was soft and had nice apples in the middle but after 2 bites I was done with it. I think I liked the thought of it because I have not had apples in 8 months!

Now it was time to get down to business and do some rides before lunch!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #45
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You must go, its so yummy!
I hope we do!!! We were there for dessert years ago when we stayed at BCV and it was yummy!!! We are staying YC (unless I go nuts and start changing ) so I am sure we'll be there at least once or twice

Those drinks sound

As many cupcakes as you can eat..this is a goal I LOVE

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: