Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #181
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Happy New Year! Hope 2013 is filled with love, laughs, luck and trips to WDW for all of us!

Well, we have arrived, Todd and my last day at WDW with Kathy and Mark. First stop was a very early breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. We were one of the first people to be seated and they tried to put us in that little room completely separate from the dining room but I wasnt having it..no way Jose! You just opened and you want to stick us in Siberia?? Of course I spoke up and they sat us in the open space close to the buffet but not on top of other diners.

I can honestly say that this breakfast has fallen off our list. Its not bad or anything but lets face it, Boma it aint! Its not worth going out of your way for, its not worth the price and the food just wasnt as spectacular as it once was. The food just didnt have the wow factor of Boma or the great tastes of Kona. I think we will go back to our Crystal Palace for character meals or Chef Mickeys, its been a long time since we had breakfast at either place.

It was a bit difficult getting photos of the buffet because it was quite busy but I managed to snap a few. The 6 of us really didnt eat much at all, we were too busy with characters to eat and I dont think we were all hungry enough for such a large meal.

My plate, lots of meat and eggs, some asparagus. The food was ok, the quiche was the best thing on the plate.

Todd's plate...he said the pastries were dried out and the biscuits and gravy was just eh

Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, really good granola (Des and Andy loved it!) and apple sauce

Ham, salami, cheeses, pepperonis, lox and fixings for bagels

Assorted fruits (they were terrible), strawberry and plain yogurt, a fall mixture of raisins, apples, cranberries..like a compote

Oatmeal and I think this is quinoa?

Scrambled eggs, sun dried tomato and ham eggs, bacon

Sausage and potatoes

Spinach quiche and grits

Biscuits and gravy

Mickey waffles - I think I am the only Diser that isnt a fan!

Cinnamon rolls, chocolate croissants and apple danish

White, wheat, English Muffins, mini muffins

Bagels and bread pudding

Bread pudding and asparagus

MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #182
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that I read this review. We were just talking about adding another breakfast to our May, 2013 trip and I suggested Cape May. Guess I'll cross that one off.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #183
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

sorry your breakfast wasn't great, at least you were with the gang

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #184
KatMark
DIS Veteran

This was the worse day of the trip. I was so sad that you and Todd would be leaving us that afternoon and it left me unhungry. Then add in the food...and it truly was not worth the money we paid for it. I was very disappointed in the food and think the only thing I ate was the "not so good bacon" and the Mickey Waffles. Now, I normally love Mickey Waffles, but these were just not good at all. But we did have fun with the characters, didn't we?

Des supposedly worked on those pictures today; I'll know when Andy gets home from "date night" tonight.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #185
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I'm the other diser who can do w/o mickey waffles Nicki! I <3 pancakes but waffles are ok. Although, I do plan on making them this week w/ raspberries & cream for the guys.

Too bad Cape May breakfast is slipping. My parents enjoyed the Cape May clam bake, again this year. They said it was off the charts! It could be different staff? Oh well, the atmosphere is so pretty, it's a shame. I hope they step it back up!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #186
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear y'all didn't have a good meal at Cape May. We've never eaten there and, honestly, it's never even made it on to a list of possibilities for us. Don't think that's going to change after this review.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #187
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
[SIZE="3"]Happy New Year! Hope 2013 is filled with love, laughs, luck and trips to WDW for all of us!

Well, we have arrived, Todd and my last day at WDW with Kathy and Mark. First stop was a very early breakfast at Cape May at the Beach Club. We were one of the first people to be seated and they tried to put us in that little room completely separate from the dining room but I wasnt having it..no way Jose! You just opened and you want to stick us in Siberia?? Of course I spoke up and they sat us in the open space close to the buffet but not on top of other diners.

I can honestly say that this breakfast has fallen off our list. Its not bad or anything but lets face it, Boma it aint! Its not worth going out of your way for, its not worth the price and the food just wasnt as spectacular as it once was. The food just didnt have the wow factor of Boma or the great tastes of Kona. I think we will go back to our Crystal Palace for character meals or Chef Mickeys, its been a long time since we had breakfast at either place.

It was a bit difficult getting photos of the buffet because it was quite busy but I managed to snap a few. The 6 of us really didnt eat much at all, we were too busy with characters to eat and I dont think we were all hungry enough for such a large meal.

My plate, lots of meat and eggs, some asparagus. The food was ok, the quiche was the best thing on the plate.
And I thought I was the only one who thinks this place is only "ok" when it comes to the food. Outside of the very good character interaction there really was nothing I found at Cape May that I wouldn't find in a Golden Corral. One thing that really left me leaving this place disappointed was that it did not have a fresh omelet station. For the price of the buffet the least they can do is have a fresh omelete station. I'm really not into pre-made eggs sitting on a steam table. I did ask the server if I could have an omelete made up. She was not overly excited by the request but did put in an order. It took 20 minutes to get that omelete. I'm not a big breakfast eater; my daily routine is a bowl of Cheerios with almond milk and a banana. Perhaps it's more me and not Cape May?

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #188
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I'm not a fan of Mickey waffles or Cape May. Sorry to hear it was a sad day with bad food.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #189
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Too bad about Cape May! We love the dinner, we had breakfast there once 8 years ago and I can't say I remember anything about it. So we probably won't be going for breakfast anytime soon!

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #190
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy New Year! Hope 2013 is filled with love, laughs, luck and trips to WDW for all of us!

We've always enjoy breakfast at CM (not so much dinner, though), but when we were there in October, they sat us in that closet side room as well. I didn't even know that existed. Changed the entire experience!
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (3); 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS:- 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; OKW - December
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #191
catne
DIS Veteran

wow, what a bummer, Nicki! We ate CM breakfast last year (September 2012), and thought it was wonderful. Everything was hot & fresh...the quiche was fabulous and the pastries were the best we'd had at a Disney breakfast buffet...fresh fruit was great, too. Sure hope your breakfast was an exception and not the new trend for CM breakfast!

We love Boma breakfast, too...and yes, the selection is better at Boma.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #192
aras4007
Mouseketeer

We weren't really impressed with Cape May either. I don't think its worth it for the money. Even the dinner too..its so expensive! But, we love Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club for breakfast. We've been a couple times and gotten the buffet. Its one of the cheapest on property and very tasty...not a ton of offerings, but enough to fill us up!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #193
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:

MMMM i just love a good candy apple.

I remember the reservation issues with BOG so glad you all had no problems. I can't wait to see Kathy's photos of the interior!

Your meals...OMG they look sooo good. I have got to stop reading your TR when I am hungry. I am practically drooling on my keyboard here!

I'm so glad you posted a photo of the meat pate appetizer - I was trying to picture it and in my mind it was nothing s appealing as that photo!

Too bad that Cape May was a disappointment. I'm not a big fan of breakfast buffets, except for Akershus Banquet Hall that is. I have never been a huge eater first thing in the morning.....sadly my nights are never so interesting as to make me ravenous in the morning
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #194
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Too bad about Cape May for breakfast. I hope it's not like that in February. As usual, I love your dining reports!

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #195
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am not a fan of Mickey waffles either

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: