Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
pixxi
Mouseketeer

Question Free dining complaint...

Has anyone complained to Disney about getting quick dining plan vs reglar plan when you stay at a suite during free dining?

We stayed at a moderate (6 of us including an infant) and received the regular dining plan. This year we took the bounce back offer but we had to book a suite since the youngerst will be 3. We are paying a lot more for the room and we only qualify for the quick service. It just seems wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought so too. I sent an email to Disney expresing my opinion. I think if we get more people on board, they may change that rule.
pixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I don't see any problem with it. It would be a huge mess if they hooked the plan to the type of room, instead of the level of resort, that you are staying at. You can always upgrade to the regular plan for a relatively small fee.

Just another thing to consider when deciding where you want to stay.
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

You can pay to upgrade. It's a discount and it was your choice to pick a resort where you would only get the quick service plan. There is nothing wrong with Disney limiting a discount as they see fit.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxi View Post
. . . we only qualify for the quick service. It just seems wrong . . .

1) Not wrong.
2) It is simply economics.
3) In a family suite, you can pile in the people.
4) With a huge family, the cost of FD is as much or more than as the room.
5) And, the resort pays for Free Dining,
. . . not WDW-in-general
. . . not the restaurant division
6) Offering higher levels of FD is counter-productive, from profit standpoints.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxi
Has anyone complained to Disney about getting quick dining plan vs reglar plan when you stay at a suite during free dining?

We stayed at a moderate (6 of us including an infant) and received the regular dining plan. This year we took the bounce back offer but we had to book a suite since the youngerst will be 3. We are paying a lot more for the room and we only qualify for the quick service. It just seems wrong.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought so too. I sent an email to Disney expresing my opinion. I think if we get more people on board, they may change that rule.
Hi! The regular dining plan (and deluxe as well if I'm not mistaken) is available to you at an upcharge. Enjoy the suite! They are awesome. We were pixie dusted with a family suite upgrade at Asmu and it was awesome.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixxi View Post

Did you book a suite at a deluxe resort or did you book a Family Suite. Family suite is just a value resort. You get QS dining with value resorts. Book a suite at a deluxe resort and you get regular dining plan.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I think it is fine. The suites are keeping you from getting 2 rooms. You could get 2 rooms for around the same price at a mod and get the regular dp... Or pay the fee for the upgrade and come out about even.

The suite is for convenience.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I think it is fine. The suites are keeping you from getting 2 rooms. You could get 2 rooms for around the same price at a mod and get the regular dp... Or pay the fee for the upgrade and come out about even.

The suite is for convenience.
This is what we do... And as a fam of five, we often book the FD deal with all of us in one room, and a second room only w/a discount to cut costs...
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

They could not offer free dining at all and then you could just pay for what you want. Sorry, but complaining about something that is free seems a little much to me.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
jamimb
DIS Veteran

I can understand where your coming from!! It would irritate me as well to think that someone staying in a moderate and paying less was getting more!
jamimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #11
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamimb View Post
I can understand where your coming from!! It would irritate me as well to think that someone staying in a moderate and paying less was getting more!
But they are not getting "more" of everything... The family in the suite is getting more space, getting more sleeping surfaces, getting a kitchenette, getting more bathrooms, and getting the ability to have their family all together, guaranteed!

In the past (2011 and prior), the family with QSDP got more snacks and a mug that the DDP families did not get. Last but not least, the family at the Value resort could upgrade, thereby getting more options, but the Mod family could not downgrade and get QSDP even if they wanted it!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamimb View Post
Different family sizes mean different options. Not the fault of those who can stay in one Moderate room that they chose to have fewer kids than those who need two rooms.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #13
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
They could not offer free dining at all and then you could just pay for what you want. Sorry, but complaining about something that is free seems a little much to me.
I agree.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe
Exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
jamimb
DIS Veteran

I can totally see where the OP is coming.

Once upon a time when Disney offered Free Dining everyone got the same dining plan regardless of where they were staying. A lot of people get the free dining but stay in a value resort. Disney said wait a minute we are really losing money on this and then only started offering the quick service plan to those who stayed in values probably in an attempt to get them to shell out more money and stay in a moderate to get the regular dining or shell out more money and upgrade to the regular dining out right.

My point is if you are staying in a family suite you are paying a lot more than those staying in a moderate but if you want the regular dining you are going to have to pay more for it even though you have already paid more for your room.

All that being said I wouldnt let this upset me or make me angry and I would still be grateful for anything free I received from Disney but I can totally see the unfairness of the situtation.
jamimb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: