Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Anybody flying Jetblue in March? Changed flight times!

I happened to be on there today looking for a flight for a friend. We are flying March 2nd and the 15th from Buf to Mco. They changed both of our flights by about 40 mins!
The great thing for me was we were on the flight that left at 5:35 because it was $200 cheaper then the flight that was going at 8:00 am. We were able to change to the earlier flight with no fees! So take a look if you have flights booked for March Break!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,316

thanks for the heads up...ours are changed too for end of february, does Jetblue not have to give customers a heads up????

How did you change your flights??
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
I happened to be on there today looking for a flight for a friend. We are flying March 2nd and the 15th from Buf to Mco. They changed both of our flights by about 40 mins!
The great thing for me was we were on the flight that left at 5:35 because it was $200 cheaper then the flight that was going at 8:00 am. We were able to change to the earlier flight with no fees! So take a look if you have flights booked for March Break!
We are the opposite...we booked the early one and paid more for it
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
thanks for the heads up...ours are changed too for end of february, does Jetblue not have to give customers a heads up????

How did you change your flights??
I called Jetblue and talked to them on the phone! Just told them that the time change didn't work for me, and she said if the change was a half hour or more, they waived the change fee and we had no problems!!!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
poohbear7
DIS Veteran
 
poohbear7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 933

I've always received an email from Jet Blue when they change our flights.
For our Jan.2013 flight they have changed it 3 times. Each time I have received an email with the new times
__________________





I've been BOOed
poohbear7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear7 View Post
I've always received an email from Jet Blue when they change our flights.
For our Jan.2013 flight they have changed it 3 times. Each time I have received an email with the new times
I didn't receive an email, but I saw it pretty quick, because I have been checking for flights for a friend of mine that is coming with us now, and hasn't booked flights! They changed to smaller planes as well, and moved us seats, so you may want to check your seat assignments in case they changed yours as well!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
princessap
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,316

how do you check seat assignments online??

We leave earlier now which I never would have checked the time and might have missed it, surprised they dont email the changes. We also leave earlier from Orlando which makes me cranky
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
how do you check seat assignments online??

We leave earlier now which I never would have checked the time and might have missed it, surprised they dont email the changes. We also leave earlier from Orlando which makes me cranky
You sign into your true blue account and manage flights then click on change seats and you can see your seats!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #9
Sunseeker2012
Live for today
 
Sunseeker2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
I happened to be on there today looking for a flight for a friend. We are flying March 2nd and the 15th from Buf to Mco. They changed both of our flights by about 40 mins!
The great thing for me was we were on the flight that left at 5:35 because it was $200 cheaper then the flight that was going at 8:00 am. We were able to change to the earlier flight with no fees! So take a look if you have flights booked for March Break!
I have just checked on our flights and no changes so far.
__________________
Sunseeker2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #10
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2012 View Post
I have just checked on our flights and no changes so far.
Lucky you, cause they changed alot of them from what I understand!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #11
Sunseeker2012
Live for today
 
Sunseeker2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Lucky you, cause they changed alot of them from what I understand!
Wow! I appreciate the heads up on this cause I'll keep checking on them from time to time in case they do happen to change. From what I understand from previous post above, they don't email you a notification.
__________________
Sunseeker2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2012 View Post
Wow! I appreciate the heads up on this cause I'll keep checking on them from time to time in case they do happen to change. From what I understand from previous post above, they don't email you a notification.
We have flown Jetblue four times now (fifth time coming up later this month) and they have changed our flight times on virtually every flight (usually by only 10-20 minutes or so , but in one case by several hours). In every case, we ALWAYS received a notice by email when the changes were implemented.

So definitely be proactive and keep checking yourself on their website, but also watch your email as they definitely do send notifications to travellers in that manner.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We have flown Jetblue four times now (fifth time coming up later this month) and they have changed our flight times on virtually every flight (usually by only 10-20 minutes or so , but in one case by several hours). In every case, we ALWAYS received a notice by email when the changes were implemented.

So definitely be proactive and keep checking yourself on their website, but also watch your email as they definitely do send notifications to travellers in that manner.
You are right Gina, I did finally receive an email about my return trip on Friday, about a time change. It changed to 25 mins earlier, but that was ok. But they never did notify me about my flight leaving on the 2nd. That being said, I did catch it quick, and took advantage of the time change and changed to the earlier flight I wanted. They also changed my seats on both flights, but there are 5 of us, and the plane they originally had scheduled had seats of 3 down both sides, and they changed to a plane that only had rows of 2 down both sides. So they did keep 4 of us together and 1 by themselves. I just went in accepted the time change and moved the 1 person to in front of us instead of 4 rows behind! They were wonderful to work with!
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
fredgirls
DIS Veteran
 
fredgirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NB, Canada, 2811kms from Mickey
Posts: 863

Our jet blue flights have always had a change too!

But we always got an e-mail. Admittedly quite a few weeks after the new times were posted online, so you can catch it before they let you know.
I also think we had to 'approve' the change, maybe just the ones that had a big time difference?
Anyway, one time I didn't click to approve straight away and they actually phoned me to make sure I had seen the change and was happy with it!
I was pretty impressed by their diligence to confirm the changes with us.
__________________
Me DH DD(14) DD(10)

5-night Wonder from Miami trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078323

fredgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #15
Sunseeker2012
Live for today
 
Sunseeker2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 84

I just checked our flights for March and the time has changed for our departure flight.. Now I only have 40 min between our connecting flight at JFK... Should I be worried?
__________________
Sunseeker2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.