Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Thanks for the tip about Remy's jacket-to-borrow - the DCL reservation agent said there was no room to store jackets for this purpose (last March) - maybe they changed (adapted to customer need), maybe it was always the case and she did not know. Based on this, we will probably not pack. I'll need 3 - did they have more than one or two?
Yes! They had a number of jackets hanging behind the hostess stand. We were on the Dream in May of 2011 and the Fantasy in March of 2012 and I remember seeing them. Maybe they don't have them anymore? I'll post on the cruise boards and see if anyone has more recent info!
Marthasor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #32
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

But wait! There's more!!

I did ask about the significance / story behind the name change. Briefly, in the kitchen, Paul Bocuse = "Chef Paul," but outside the kitchen, as a sign of respect, he is called "Monsieur Paul."

It really is fairly simple - like "-san" in the Japanese culture (my analogy, not theirs). I don't think the French know how intimidated Americans are pronouncing (much less spelling) unfamiliar words that are not phonetic (even though we have plenty of our own). We'll get used to it. Someday.

Last edited by ehagerty; 12-12-2012 at 04:38 PM.
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

You ask, I deliver = MENUS

Day one - I expect morphing, and tweaking, and spell / grammar check - but most of you are interested in the core elements - dishes, pricing, etc. Please ignore my handwritten comments, as they were not intended for "publication" and were the reason I did not post more quickly. Tomorrow, I will ask for "clean" menus and repost!

Dinner Menu Page #1

Dinner Menu Page #2

Dessert Menu

After Drink Menu

Let me know if any are "unreadable" (as opposed to being "easily readable")

Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #34
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the menu! That is really helpful.

So, according to a fellow DIS'er who cruised the Fantasy in October, they offered both jackets and shoes to men dining at Remy and Palo!
Marthasor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #35
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
So, according to a fellow DIS'er who cruised the Fantasy in October, they offered both jackets and shoes to men dining at Remy and Palo!
The men-folk will be thrilled!

Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #36
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Illuminations - Let There Be Peace on Earth

Don't forget to catch the Christmas fireworks after Illuminations

Sample Picture from the bridge between UK and France (with moon on the left)

With a link to more

Click here for additional Illuminations pictures around World Showcase Lagoon

Last edited by ehagerty; 12-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #37
BGK
Mouseketeer

Hmmm...

How was the wine list?
BGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Thank you for the 1st glimpse into MP's, I was glad to see the other photo of the lamb as the first did look entirely over cooked for my liking.

In the early views of the menu and including the one you featured, it states Ravioli of Escargot! The ones in your photo, which I enjoyed tremendously at F&W this year are not ravioli. Was it a menu change?

Your review make me look forward to eating at MP even more!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #40
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Hmmm... How was the wine list?
Did not really evaluate, but requested a copy for posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
Thank you for the 1st glimpse into MP's, I was glad to see the other photo of the lamb as the first did look entirely over cooked for my liking.

In the early views of the menu and including the one you featured, it states Ravioli of Escargot! The ones in your photo, which I enjoyed tremendously at F&W this year are not ravioli. Was it a menu change?

Your review make me look forward to eating at MP even more!
I'd glad a previous poster asked about the lamb, which prompted me to add the second photo.
The escargot in brioche is an amuse bouche. The Ravioli is an appetizer that I did not order (and have no picture).
Hope you get there soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Wonderful review - thanks so much
You're welcome - will check out the links in your signature!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
2manypets
DIS Veteran

I would love to have just the lamb, it looks heavenly! Do you know if you can order the rib eye or lamb without doing the Prix Fixe menu?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Will ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
I would love to have just the lamb, it looks heavenly! Do you know if you can order the rib eye or lamb without doing the Prix Fixe menu?
I don't know, but I will ask. I did inquire whether I could get a single cut of the ribeye as a solo diner on the Prix Fixe menu, and server said "no" - will ask your question tomorrow

Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #43
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
I don't know, but I will ask. I did inquire whether I could get a single cut of the ribeye as a solo diner on the Prix Fixe menu, and server said "no" - will ask your question tomorrow
Thank you so much. Your pics certainly make me want to go eat there.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #44
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

Thank you so much for this! I was so afraid when the refurb was announced. I very much enjoy a formal (yes, even "stuffy") dining experience, and I was really worried they would sort of dumb it down a lot. This helps to assuage a lot of my concerns. One question though, please- I know the serving staff used to wear tuxedos. What's their attire now?
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #45
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Service Attire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Serendipity View Post
Thank you so much for this! I was so afraid when the refurb was announced. I very much enjoy a formal (yes, even "stuffy") dining experience, and I was really worried they would sort of dumb it down a lot. This helps to assuage a lot of my concerns. One question though, please- I know the serving staff used to wear tuxedos. What's their attire now?
The service staff wears a white dress shirt, Windsor knot tie (male and female), blue apron (like you see on pictures of French waiters). Room and menu similar to BdP. You can wear non-tourist clothing if that suits your purposes, but nothing has really changed on what fellow tourists are likely to wear.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: