DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #16
BirdsOfPreyDave


DIS Veteran
 
BirdsOfPreyDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 5,312

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
One of the main selling points of DVC is the ability to sell out and recoup some of the money you had spent.
I'd speculate that this is a consideration for only a very small percentage of buyers. The many, many people Disney entices through their on-site marketing that takes advantage of catching people in the nirvana of being mid-vacation probably don't even know about a secondary market. I'm also betting that the vast majority of buyers have no consideration at all for what would happen if they no longer wanted their membership. Everyone buys in thinking they'll be coming to Disney World forever.
__________________
Help! I'm addicted to profile badges! Check out my SSR FAQ here.
BirdsOfPreyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I'd speculate that this is a consideration for only a very small percentage of buyers. The many, many people Disney entices through their on-site marketing that takes advantage of catching people in the nirvana of being mid-vacation probably don't even know about a secondary market. I'm also betting that the vast majority of buyers have no consideration at all for what would happen if they no longer wanted their membership. Everyone buys in thinking they'll be coming to Disney World forever.
i would go a step further and suggest that only a small % of those who says it's a big deal would have let this issue prevent or alter them buying in. Most likely wouldn't even have considered it. I think the same could be said for most any issue that comes up as a hot ticket item. Put another way, you'd have to get likely more than 100 people that post it would have been an issue before you actually get one it would have affected their choices in any way. I'd say for retail buyers it's even FAR less.
__________________
Dean

Last edited by Dean; 12-14-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #18
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran
 
Kidanifan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,706

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I'd speculate that this is a consideration for only a very small percentage of buyers. The many, many people Disney entices through their on-site marketing that takes advantage of catching people in the nirvana of being mid-vacation probably don't even know about a secondary market. I'm also betting that the vast majority of buyers have no consideration at all for what would happen if they no longer wanted their membership. Everyone buys in thinking they'll be coming to Disney World forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
i would go a step further and suggest that only a small % of those who says it's a big deal would have let this issue prevent or alter them buying in. Most likely wouldn't even have considered it. I think the same could be said for most any issue that comes up as a hot ticket item. Put another way, you'd have to get likely more than 100 people that post it would have been an issue before you actually get one it would have affected their choices in any way. I'd say for retail buyers it's even FAR less.
These are interesting observations. We referred close family friends to DVC and they bought BLT direct. After learning about breaking the contract into multiple small contracts from these boards, I suggested that my friend consider doing that with his 300 point contract (this was before Disney was charging closing costs). He is a CPA, and his response was, "if I was thinking about selling the contract, I probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.". They also had dreams about using their contract for ABD...good luck doing that with 300 points and a family of four!
__________________
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #19
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
These are interesting observations. We referred close family friends to DVC and they bought BLT direct. After learning about breaking the contract into multiple small contracts from these boards, I suggested that my friend consider doing that with his 300 point contract (this was before Disney was charging closing costs). He is a CPA, and his response was, "if I was thinking about selling the contract, I probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.". They also had dreams about using their contract for ABD...good luck doing that with 300 points and a family of four!
It seems your friend understood some of these aspects better than most members even though it would have been a good idea since no additional costs were involved. I'd say 99.9% of the time when someone posts they would have never bought DVC if a certain situation had existed, they're only kidding themselves.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.