Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
soma27
Earning My Ears

Checking a bag / laptop at Disney

Hoping someone on here an help me out.

I am headed for my honeymoon with my new wife on January 5, and we have a nice 14 hour layover in CDG on the 6th. With both of us being big Disney fans, we are going to try and do a quick 1 day visit using the high-speed trains.

That being said, I will need to check a back-pack with laptop - hopefully at Disney. The main luggage will transfer right to the next flight, but I can't check my laptop (work rules) and the airport storage at the airport / train station does not allow electronics.

My question is:
Does Disney allow the checking of a normal sized backpack w/ laptop?
Where is this located (and if in the park, will I have any trouble with security)?

I already have two-park passes from the day (from a flash sale I saw on this board - thanks). We were hoping to start in the Studios park for 2-3 quick rides than head to Disney.

Thank you in advance.
soma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Are you going to carry it around the park with you or store it at Disney sorry?

If you are going to carry it around with you, it will be no issue at all, we carry our huge camera bag with our laptop, camera equipment and even our tripod in the parks. They just scan it through security upon entering the parks - very much like an airport!

If you mean storing it for the day, I am not aware of the best options - but I am sure somebody else will be along soon to help you

If not I will do some research for you and pop back!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
soma27
Earning My Ears

Honestly, I did not even consider carrying it around the park with me. I always try and visit theme parks with as little as possible.

Does that cause a problem on any of the rides? We like all rides, but the bigger rides (thrill rides) are a must do for us.

I would prefer checking the bag somewhere if offered, but all options are on the table.

Thanks.
soma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
sky13
Mouseketeer

There is a left luggage facility just to the right of the Disneyland Park entrance, they store small bags for 3 Euros. When I did this they gave me a receipt with a number to match a tag they put on my bag, and they required the receipt for me to collect my bag. I'm not sure if this might be secure enough for your laptop though?

It won't be an issue bringing the bag through security at all - they have airport style luggage scanners at the entrance and I didn't have any problems bringing in my cabin sized suitcase. (And the left luggage facility considers a cabin sized suitcase "small"...)
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure there are lockers as you walk into the park (under the disney railroad station), I've never used them though, so I don't know how much they are.

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsobelJackmummy View Post
I'm pretty sure there are lockers as you walk into the park (under the disney railroad station), I've never used them though, so I don't know how much they are.
These are closed now - they have been since 1995

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: