DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
Bronte
DIS Veteran

I let DH do all the tipping and he tips a lot
Pretty much everyone that carries our bags at $2 per bag.
We also tip extra when we split meals (we both worked in restaurants through college.)

Loved the comment about "tipping" people.
That made me laugh out loud ... thanks KingRichard !!!!
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
mac_tlc
DIS Veteran

I usually tip when the bags arrive. Maybe I should have done it differently on our most recent trip a couple weeks ago. If I had tipped the Bell Services guy at BLT when he picked up our bags, maybe they would have been delivered to OKW, where we were, instaed of Saratoga Springs.

Made for an interesting two hours at OKW, at 11PM, with a 5 month old infant whose "belongings" were at a different resort. -- So much for "Insuring Prompt Service " ......

mac_tlc

BTW -- Have I mentioned that I hate the new thermostats at OKW lately?
'97 OKW (2), VB , '98 OKW(2), VB
'99 WL, OKW(2) , '00 OKW (2), Magic, VB
'01 DLR (DH), VWL, BWV, Magic
’02 OKW, DLR (DH), Magic (11/30 - NOT), CS , '03 OKW, Magic (11/8), VWL,
'04 CS, OKW (2), '05 OKW, '06 SSR, OKW , '07 VWL, OKW (3), VB
'08 DLR (GC), OKW, '09 SSR, BLT,OKW(3)
'10 AKV, BLT (DD wedding) , '11 OKW, SSR, BLT , '12 VGC, FW, BLT, '13 BLT
mac_tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We tip when they take the bags and when we get them. We did a fair amount of tipping at OKW this past week. We stayed in 2 villas and the Bell Service people also brought us in the little cart over to the new villa.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
stlocke
Earning My Ears

We just returned from 10 day WDW stay. We always tip our bellman when we receive and get our luggage taken. While at Kidani Village the other day, I went up to the gift shop and explained that I needed change so I could give tips to the bellman and the airline check in employee. There was a manager that overheard me and she told me they are not allowed to accept tips and anything they are given has to be given to their manager who in turn sends it to a Disney conservation fund!?!?!? Has anyone ever heard this before? We go to Disney 1-2 times a year and that's the first I've ever heard of that. If I am giving a tip, it's because I want them to have it...if I want to donate to a conservation fund, I'll do that. But sometimes I just want to tip for great service. Makes me sad!
stlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlocke View Post
We just returned from 10 day WDW stay. We always tip our bellman when we receive and get our luggage taken. While at Kidani Village the other day, I went up to the gift shop and explained that I needed change so I could give tips to the bellman and the airline check in employee. There was a manager that overheard me and she told me they are not allowed to accept tips and anything they are given has to be given to their manager who in turn sends it to a Disney conservation fund!?!?!? Has anyone ever heard this before? We go to Disney 1-2 times a year and that's the first I've ever heard of that. If I am giving a tip, it's because I want them to have it...if I want to donate to a conservation fund, I'll do that. But sometimes I just want to tip for great service. Makes me sad!
Not true, the RAC people aren't even Disney employees, they are contractors. The union and Disney worked out a deal that requires that an adult be in the room to accept luggage from Bell Services. It isn't a security issue, it's an opportunity to get a tip.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #36
stlocke
Earning My Ears

Why would she tell me that?? My husband talked to one of the bellman when waiting to do airline check in and he's a cast member too so they were talking about the perks of being Disney employees. I'm confused.
stlocke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: