Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lorax View Post
Thanks Susie, we are looking forward to the Disney cruise experience. This will be our kids first cruise, they were quite jealous when DW and I went on our first cruise in 2011.
Sorry, I read everyone's first cruise, I will correct this info in the roll call. And being your kids I would of been jealous too!! lol
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue View Post
Sorry, I read everyone's first cruise, I will correct this info in the roll call. And being your kids I would of been jealous too!! lol
LOL, didn't even notice. This will be our first Disney cruise, which will be a completely different standard from our previous cruise! Either way it will be a first.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL, didn't even notice. This will be our first Disney cruise, which will be a completely different standard from our previous cruise! Either way it will be a first.
I was told by many experienced cruisers when we were on our Disney cruise that Disney was hard to beat quality wise...
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #34
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

So is anyone on this list someone who would feel comfortable performing a Vow Renewal Ceremony?

I think it would be cool to do a Vow Renewal on the ship on our 15th anniversary, but think spending an extra $3,000 is a bit much.

It's a renewal, so no one has to be licensed or anything. We are already married!

Just wondering.
thepoohguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #35
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohguy View Post
So is anyone on this list someone who would feel comfortable performing a Vow Renewal Ceremony?

I think it would be cool to do a Vow Renewal on the ship on our 15th anniversary, but think spending an extra $3,000 is a bit much.

It's a renewal, so no one has to be licensed or anything. We are already married!

Just wondering.
I know my DW would love to renew our vows. However for an extra 3,000 - that is not going to happen on DCL.

If I were in your situation I would research the ports of call, see if you could make arrangements to renew your vows on land. It would be just as special and carry the same meaning to the both of you. It might be worth a shot.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #36
palloma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes it is here, not sure if it's like that everywhere in Canada but in Quebec yes. It's always been the first week of March.
We are from Quebec also (the south shore of Montreal) we will be on this cruise also and me are dragging 3 other couples with us.
palloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #37
palloma
Earning My Ears

Hi, We booked our cruise also, this will be our 2nd disney cruise, but 1st time to these islands.
It will be DH Simon (40) DS Alek (7) DS Kyle (5, but his birthday for 6 will be during the trip) and myself Liza (39). stateroom 8158

I was wondering since most of the activities are for older kids on the islands, what will you all be doing. We will probably just do beaches but I guess we have lots of time to think about that.
palloma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohguy View Post

Just wondering.
Plenty of time for you to find someone! You may even get lucky and find a real minister or something!! I'm not sure i'd be good with the speaking part but I can attend! lol

Quote:
I know my DW would love to renew our vows. However for an extra 3,000 - that is not going to happen on DCL.

If I were in your situation I would research the ports of call, see if you could make arrangements to renew your vows on land. It would be just as special and carry the same meaning to the both of you. It might be worth a shot.
Yes there may be cheaper options out there, worth a look for sure. Through Disney I don't really think you get much.. I think you get the ceremony a meal at Remi's or Palo's afterwards...Did you check?

Last edited by yayasue; 01-13-2013 at 06:01 PM.
yayasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palloma View Post
Hi, We booked our cruise also, this will be our 2nd disney cruise, but 1st time to these islands.
It will be DH Simon (40) DS Alek (7) DS Kyle (5, but his birthday for 6 will be during the trip) and myself Liza (39). stateroom 8158

I was wondering since most of the activities are for older kids on the islands, what will you all be doing. We will probably just do beaches but I guess we have lots of time to think about that.
Welcome!! We are on the south shore of Mtl too! In Chambly

I will add your info to the roll call. Is this your first Disney cruise?

Not sure what our plans are for this cruise. Beach time for sure and probably visiting some ruins.. my husband would really like to do that. I don't want to schedule any excursions that lasts to long because my kids get fed up rather quickly. We learned this on our last cruise.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #40
yayasue
Mouseketeer

I created the facebook group, set it to a secret group! You can view/join here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/412735672137974/
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #41
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Plenty of time for you to find someone! You may even get lucky and find a real minister or something!! I'm not sure i'd be good with the speaking part but I can attend! lol

Yes there may be cheaper options out there, worth a look for sure. Through Disney I don't really think you get much.. I think you get the ceremony a meal at Remi's or Palo's afterwards...Did you check?
For the price of $3K I would expect some sort of catered reception and a food / spa package. That is pretty much the same cost as our wedding reception with served meal for 150. Then again our 18th anniversary will be this July.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #42
yayasue
Mouseketeer

This is the info: http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...-cruise/detail

3000$ for 2013...
Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #43
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
This is the info: http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/...-cruise/detail

3000$ for 2013...
Thanks for the link!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #44
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the link!
Your welcome!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
palloma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I created the facebook group, set it to a secret group! You can view/join here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/412735672137974/
link said it doesn/t exist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: