Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #16
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

What is everyone doing between now and the cruise for their Disney fix? We are going to WDW in March for our anniversary, then in October, we are going to do a coast to coast trip hitting DL and WDW for my wife's big birthday!
thepoohguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoohguy View Post
What is everyone doing between now and the cruise for their Disney fix? We are going to WDW in March for our anniversary, then in October, we are going to do a coast to coast trip hitting DL and WDW for my wife's big birthday!
We are going to WDW in March as well! We are surprising our kids with a trip. We are going for their spring break.

You trip sounds like an awesome one. Seeing both Disney's. Your kids must be thrilled?
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

LOL! We don't have any kids!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL! We don't have any kids!
Oh Yes silly me!! I wrote in you roll call I should know! lol
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #20
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

When is their Spring Break? My guess is not the first week of March.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When is their Spring Break? My guess is not the first week of March.
Yes it is here, not sure if it's like that everywhere in Canada but in Quebec yes. It's always been the first week of March.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

We're All In!

Hello Everyone,

Just signed up for this cruise yesterday. My DH and I took our first Disney cruise in November. It was 4-nights to the Bahamas on the Dream with our children and grandchildren. Great fun...... so much so that we decided to go to Alaska on the Wonder in August 2013.... just the two of us. While Alaska will be awesome, I'm already craving tropical breezes.... maybe it's the sight of all that snow outside my window? Big storm overnight.... we got over two feet of the stuff!

Ed and I could possibly be the oldest cruisers who'll be joining this thread.... we'll see. We'll be celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary in November, so that should give you a hint But we're definitely young at heart... which is what counts, right?

Our info is:

Karen and DH Ed
Stateroom 7572

I'm looking forward to getting to know some people here. Anybody else on Deck 7?

Happy New Year Everyone!

Karen
Snowed in on the Coast of Maine

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Just signed up for this cruise yesterday. My DH and I took our first Disney cruise in November. It was 4-nights to the Bahamas on the Dream with our children and grandchildren. Great fun...... so much so that we decided to go to Alaska on the Wonder in August 2013.... just the two of us. While Alaska will be awesome, I'm already craving tropical breezes.... maybe it's the sight of all that snow outside my window? Big storm overnight.... we got over two feet of the stuff!

Ed and I could possibly be the oldest cruisers who'll be joining this thread.... we'll see. We'll be celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary in November, so that should give you a hint But we're definitely young at heart... which is what counts, right?

Our info is:

Karen and DH Ed
Stateroom 7572

I'm looking forward to getting to know some people here. Anybody else on Deck 7?

Happy New Year Everyone!

Karen
Welcome Karen!! So glad you joined us

I so understand you for the snow, we are in Canada we just got this big storm as well.. LOTS of snow everywhere here! I wish I was cruising right now!!

I've added your information to the roll call, if there is anything else you want me to add just let me know.

On another note, I just upgraded us from and 8C Deluxe Family Oceanview to a 4C Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah. This will be our second cruise and first time with a Verandah.. I was hesitant to change, they make me a bit nervous with my small children but we've decided to give it a try! We are now on Deck 7, so we are on the same deck Karen
Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Susie. I guess you can put our Hometown as Steuben, Maine... not that anyone will have a clue where that is! We're also scheduled for Main Dining. I don't like eating my supper at 8:00 p.m.!

Nice to know you'll also be on Deck #7. We were on the same deck on the Dream in November. Very quiet, as there are only staterooms on that deck.

I didn't know I'd become a Cruise Monster after going on just one Disney cruise! Our first cruise experience was 30 years ago, on Holland America. While I don't remember anything specific I didn't like about it, I just wasn't impressed. Totally different experience than the Disney cruise, where we felt like sitting royalty, lol. Our table crew were simply magnificent, as was our cabin steward. I don't know what kind of training Disney puts their cast members through, but they are WONDERFUL. We wish we could have brought them all home with us, lol. And the self-serve SOFT SERVE on Deck 11..... What's not to LIKE???? I absolutely cannot WAIT until our Alaska cruise, as I know it will be beyond awesome.. it's ALASKA, after all... but the thought of revisiting Castaway Cay is weighing heavy on me right now.... those Konk Coolers are calling my name, lol. I had to order a set of hurricane glasses when I got home, just so I could serve authentic drinks from the Disney recipe online. Am I hooked???

I don't think you have anything to worry about with the verandah room. The wall is pretty high, and the plexiglass is inside it, so no foothold to climb up. There are child-proof locks on the verandah doors. We LOVED the verandah on our cruise. It was so nice to be able to go out and take in the fresh air. I don't know if we'll enjoy it quite as much on the Alaska cruise, but I see us as having our first cup of coffee in the morning out there.... maybe wishful thinking! But on March 1 in the Caribbean I don't think we'll have cool weather worries.

I can't tell you how excited we are about both upcoming cruises :-)

Karen

Our first Disney Cruise - November 2012 - The Bahamas on the Disney Dream
Our second Disney Cruise -- August 2013 - Alaska on the Disney Wonder
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #25
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Karen: I've added the extra info to the roll call

I understand for the Disney quality! This is one of the main reasons we keep going back. I couldn't believe how friendly everyone was, wether it was in the dining room or greeting them in the bathroom, they were ALL so friendly!

So exciting for you! Alaska is so beautiful (from images that is lol) It's definitely in our future plans as well. We will wait for our kids to be older before we do it though. I would love to do a Hawaii cruise as well.

We are headed to WDW in 2 months.. this will cut the waiting down a bit.lol The kids don't know it's a big surprise, can't wait to tell them and see their reaction. Then it's 1 year wait.

Thanks for giving me details about the Verandah
Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

First Disney Cruise

I was glad to see this thread active. Loking forward to our first Disney Cruise! This will be the second cruise for DW and I, but the first for our kids.

We are Stefan, DW Jill, DD Izabella 13 (at time of cruise), DD Juliette 12 (at time of cruise), DD Maya 9 (at time of cruise). We live in Saint John, NB Canada and will be in stateroom 10082.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue View Post
Yes it is here, not sure if it's like that everywhere in Canada but in Quebec yes. It's always been the first week of March.
Same here in New Brunswick, spring break is always the first week in March.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #28
thepoohguy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker35
Hello Everyone,

Our info is:

Karen and DH Ed
Stateroom 7572

Happy New Year Everyone!

Karen
47years! That's awesome!

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
yayasue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lorax View Post
I was glad to see this thread active. Loking forward to our first Disney Cruise! This will be the second cruise for DW and I, but the first for our kids.

We are Stefan, DW Jill, DD Izabella 13 (at time of cruise), DD Juliette 12 (at time of cruise), DD Maya 9 (at time of cruise). We live in Saint John, NB Canada and will be in stateroom 10082.
Welcome aboard Stefan and fellow Canadian ;-) I have added your information to the roll call!

This will be our second cruise, we LOVED it!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #30
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayasue

Welcome aboard Stefan and fellow Canadian ;-) I have added your information to the roll call!

This will be our second cruise, we LOVED it!
Thanks Susie, we are looking forward to the Disney cruise experience. This will be our kids first cruise, they were quite jealous when DW and I went on our first cruise in 2011.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: