Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #121
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Oh dear girl! I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking and praying for you.
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #122
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:

pwdebbie has a WW thread on the DIS. You need to find us over there.

The bakery is closed until May starting tomorrow, so you are safe on your Feb trip.

Congratulations! Are you going to do meetings too?

I'm so sorry that your dh's surgery didn't pan out for today. I hope everything gets squared away. I'm so glad you have his surgeon advocating for him. I know there are several things I couldn't have won on my own, but the Epilepsy Foundation of Florida stepped in and advocated for me. Is your dh coming with you to Disney in Feb?
I had looked at the thread when doing WW on my own and looks very supportive. I'll pop over today. Just going to do online. Figured with everything going on it would be easier. I've got a friend here in the office doing it as well so that should help!

DH will not be able to come with me in Feb....I'm so bummed about that. I really feel bad for leaving him for 5 nights after he's had surgery. We have lots of family around so I know he will be taken care of. It's one thing to be away on business but when its at our favorite place and he's not with me - just makes it worse. I do hope we can meet one day!!

You know, right after I typed the message about the bakery the email came about it being closed. I was sad but then ok as I know I would have a hard time passing up on the temptations.

Have a great day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #123
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

That's great you have someone at the office for accountability. I'm sorry your DH won't be going. That's great that you have family and support near you though.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #124
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Oh Tink, all caught up again! LOVED the pics of JJ and the decorations were beautiful but I was so sad that Grumpy wasn't there.

I SO agree about special needs at church. On many levels. For many years, Lisa couldn't be in the regular nursery/ age appropriate room and Pete and I would take turns gong to church. One day, several of the elders/deacons asked why were were so sparse at church (Lisa was 2). I explained how Lisa couldn't be around germs and we needed to keep her in a separate room. Did they offer to help? No, their solution was for Pete to go to one service and me to go to another...I never went back and Pete and I were very active Deacon, Circle leader, taught Sunday School a and Wednesday nights, kept the nursery. One of my friends had me come to her church and twice a month she kept Lisa in a pre-cleaned room so Pet and I could worship together. And I won't even get started about a child with ADHD and one with Autism...I am happy you have found a church that understands!

And WOO HOO on the weight loss...I am back to square one again....
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #125
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Oh Tink, all caught up again! LOVED the pics of JJ and the decorations were beautiful but I was so sad that Grumpy wasn't there.

I SO agree about special needs at church. On many levels. For many years, Lisa couldn't be in the regular nursery/ age appropriate room and Pete and I would take turns gong to church. One day, several of the elders/deacons asked why were were so sparse at church (Lisa was 2). I explained how Lisa couldn't be around germs and we needed to keep her in a separate room. Did they offer to help? No, their solution was for Pete to go to one service and me to go to another...I never went back and Pete and I were very active Deacon, Circle leader, taught Sunday School a and Wednesday nights, kept the nursery. One of my friends had me come to her church and twice a month she kept Lisa in a pre-cleaned room so Pet and I could worship together. And I won't even get started about a child with ADHD and one with Autism...I am happy you have found a church that understands!

And WOO HOO on the weight loss...I am back to square one again....
We are use to Grumpy not being there, but the Christmas tree picture is tradition. There was only 1 year since we moved here that we didn't get a picture at that tree. I'll have to search and see if I can find some old ones.

That's too bad that nobody was willing to step up to bat and help you and Pete with church. I'm glad we found this one too.

I'm down 1.2 pounds this week, even after stopping at Beaches & Cream again.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #126
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
I'm down 1.2 pounds this week, even after stopping at Beaches & Cream again.
Great week!!! I have my weigh in set for Friday's but could not resist the scales this am........I was very pleased!! I know first week gives you the biggest drop but at least feeling like this is going to work this time!!!

I already pulled the walking/running maps for disney up on Pinterest and planned my route for my trip. Have you seen the New Balance Minnie shoes? They are great!!! Hoping they can be bought online soon as they are only at the Expo now. Would really love to start running again and run the 1/2 next year. Something to work towards so we shall see.

How's Anakin today?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #127
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Great week!!! I have my weigh in set for Friday's but could not resist the scales this am........I was very pleased!! I know first week gives you the biggest drop but at least feeling like this is going to work this time!!!

I already pulled the walking/running maps for disney up on Pinterest and planned my route for my trip. Have you seen the New Balance Minnie shoes? They are great!!! Hoping they can be bought online soon as they are only at the Expo now. Would really love to start running again and run the 1/2 next year. Something to work towards so we shall see.

How's Anakin today?
Interesting shoes! Are you going to get them? I wear New Balance sneakers. Mine are black and white running shoes.

Congrats on a successful week 1!

My husband wants to start running. I told him about the sweepers and now he's not so sure he should even start.

Anakin is having a good day today. It's a stay at home, get school work done and take it easy day. Grades get mailed in today. He is slightly ahead of schedule. Usually we have more buffer days built in.

On Friday we are going to see his voice teacher in a musical. He is excited. Tomorrow is his special theater class. He can't wait til they start getting more into the Fabulously Funny Fairytales. He wasn't very happy at first though. He didn't understand why he wasn't doing the Grinch again. He mumbled about having to do new stuff and it's just not fair. But he got over it as soon as class started last week.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #128
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

I would LOVE to get a pair of minnie mouse shoes......if you see them in any of the stores, please let me know.

Yea, they do sweep you up if you don't keep up the pace. But sounds like even if you 1/2 walk and 1/2 run you still are ahead of the sweepers. I so want to run down Main Street and through the castle just one time. I hear it is very emotional.

That's so cute the Anakin doesn't want to give up the Grinch Can't wait to hear about the Fairytales.

Gotta pop over to your SWW PTR. Somehow I missed it - oops....
Old 01-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #129
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would LOVE to get a pair of minnie mouse shoes......if you see them in any of the stores, please let me know.

Yea, they do sweep you up if you don't keep up the pace. But sounds like even if you 1/2 walk and 1/2 run you still are ahead of the sweepers. I so want to run down Main Street and through the castle just one time. I hear it is very emotional.

That's so cute the Anakin doesn't want to give up the Grinch Can't wait to hear about the Fairytales.

Gotta pop over to your SWW PTR. Somehow I missed it - oops....
I will keep my eye open for them. Since it's a Disney thing, maybe they will sell them there?

I know one of the songs they are doing is from the Enchanted movie.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #130
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I saw the Mickey and Minnie shoes and I wear NB BUT, they were only selling them at the Marathon...I think it was January 11 to the 12...I hoped they would have more, they are so cute!!! I want them too.

ETA: Here is the link for the shoes.

Last edited by blessedmom4; 01-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #131
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the decorations at the Beach Club, and sweet photos of Anakin with his hot cider and with Santa.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #132
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
I saw the Mickey and Minnie shoes and I wear NB BUT, they were only selling them at the Marathon...I think it was January 11 to the 12...I hoped they would have more, they are so cute!!! I want them too.

Thanks, Judy! I also read somewhere that they might start putting them in the specialty Disney shops. I hope they do - I have a crummy foot and have to spend more on good shoes so I might as well spend it on some Disney ones....lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #133
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope you both can find them. I actually have no desire for them. I like my black and white NB better, they are just plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures of the decorations at the Beach Club, and sweet photos of Anakin with his hot cider and with Santa.
Thanks. We were back the other day at the BC. It seemed so bare without the decorations.

They are starting to set up for the F&G Festival now. We saw some construction for it throughout Epcot.

Quote:
Thanks, Judy! I also read somewhere that they might start putting them in the specialty Disney shops. I hope they do - I have a crummy foot and have to spend more on good shoes so I might as well spend it on some Disney ones....lol.
I hope you find them. I love my NB running shoes. They are so comfortable at Disney too.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #134
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

LOVE the Disney shoes...especially the red ones!!!!

I wear walking t-shoes when we go to the parks...would running t-shoes be better???

Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #135
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
LOVE the Disney shoes...especially the red ones!!!!

I wear walking t-shoes when we go to the parks...would running t-shoes be better???
I have no idea. I got the running ones I have because they were light and had lots of holes to breath. I don't know about their support though.

Update coming soon, today or tomorrow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: