Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #106
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Gingerbread Carousel from Previous Page

Anakin was so excited about hot cider. The cm told him that there is complimentary hot or cold cider at Bell Service. He was thrilled. We went to Bell Service. Anakin and I got hot cider; dh got cold. He didnt think Anakin would like hot cider. It was the perfect temp to drink right away. We didnt have to wait for it to cool down.

Then he began to get concerned. He didnt know what cider was made from.

He relaxed once he found out that hot apple cider came from apples. Makes sense, he said.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #107
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Anakin. He has such a generous smile.

I copied your paragraph about the new church and helper for Anakin and sent it to my dd who is director of children's ministries at her church. I thought it might be an idea she would want to explore.

Beaches and Cream has never been on my radar but I am thinking we may just have to find our way over there. I thought it was just ice cream, I've never looked at the menu. And I had no idea they had the old flip-through-to-choose-a-song thingies. Do they actually work? I loved those when I was a kid. I doubt my kids have ever seen one.

You know, your food pictures sure look good -- and they don't make it easy for this fellow WW! But I'm thinking that when we go to WDW in April, I am not going to track. Shhh, don't tell any one! I'll try to be good but I'm not going to turn down stuff that I can only get at WDW.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #108
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love all the photos! would love to stay there some day.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #109
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Great pictures of Anakin. He has such a generous smile.

I copied your paragraph about the new church and helper for Anakin and sent it to my dd who is director of children's ministries at her church. I thought it might be an idea she would want to explore.

Beaches and Cream has never been on my radar but I am thinking we may just have to find our way over there. I thought it was just ice cream, I've never looked at the menu. And I had no idea they had the old flip-through-to-choose-a-song thingies. Do they actually work? I loved those when I was a kid. I doubt my kids have ever seen one.

You know, your food pictures sure look good -- and they don't make it easy for this fellow WW! But I'm thinking that when we go to WDW in April, I am not going to track. Shhh, don't tell any one! I'll try to be good but I'm not going to turn down stuff that I can only get at WDW.
That would be great if it helps your daughter. Special needs is a big group that gets overlooked in churches. In fact, most of the people in Anakin's special needs acting classes don't go because it's too difficult for them, same with the buddy baseball friends.

These helpers are all trained, CPR certified and have extensive backround checks. They are given a large manual that suggests how to handle certain situations that are bound to arrise. Everything you can think of from anxiety to biting other children, and everything in between.

The little juke boxes don't work any more. At least the one at our table didn't. The large juke box plays music.

WW is really hard while at WDW. How can you turn down a dole whip? Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love all the photos! would love to stay there some day.
Thanks. We stayed there our first two stays and fell in love with the resort. If money wasn't an object we'd stay here again and again. We also stayed at the BWV and enjoyed it there too, but not as much as the BC.

Originally we set out to stay at all the resorts, but we are stuck in our favorites. We keep repeating.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #110
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Absolutly LOVE the gingerbread display. It's amazing what they can do!!!

Girl, you are rocking with the WW!!! After DH's surgery, I'm seriously thinking of giving it a try again.

BTW, we still do not have pre auth on his surgery that is tomorrow! Surgeon did peer to peer call with ins co today but they would not say yes or no on the phone. Looks like it will be next week. I'm so frustrated....I had a Dairy Queen Blizzard for lunch!!! But Dole Whip would have been better.....
Old 01-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #111
disney212
DIS Veteran

just found your report

We were there during the same time. I have the exact same picture with the "3 days until Christmas"! You pictures are great. Sorry you were sans one DS! I read the whole report in one sitting.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #112
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
Absolutly LOVE the gingerbread display. It's amazing what they can do!!!

Girl, you are rocking with the WW!!! After DH's surgery, I'm seriously thinking of giving it a try again.

BTW, we still do not have pre auth on his surgery that is tomorrow! Surgeon did peer to peer call with ins co today but they would not say yes or no on the phone. Looks like it will be next week. I'm so frustrated....I had a Dairy Queen Blizzard for lunch!!! But Dole Whip would have been better.....
Yes, the gingerbread displays are amazing. I was hoping to get to the Grand Floridian, but that didn't happen.

Lol, dolewhip tops blizzard anyday! I'm so sorry insurance is being a pain and that surgery may have to be postponed. How frustrating. If I could eat chocolate, I'd have a blizzard too. Let me know how it plays out. It's scary enough going into surgery, shouldn't have all the insurance woes on top of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
We were there during the same time. I have the exact same picture with the "3 days until Christmas"! You pictures are great. Sorry you were sans one DS! I read the whole report in one sitting.
Welcome! Wow, it IS a small world after all. That was a great day to be there. It was great to see all the Christmas shows and parades that are usually reserved for the party. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #113
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
WW is really hard while at WDW. How can you turn down a dole whip? Exactly.
Well . . . I've never had one. Ice cream doesn't really excite me. And WW is teaching me to like pineapple, I've never been a big fan. So, I do believe I can turn down a Dole Whip quite easily!

However . . . a cinnamon roll or some of those delicious-looking salted caramel bars or candies at Karmel Kuche or those cupcakes that look so good, now that is a whole different story.

Part of what helps me to stick with WW now is knowing that those foods await me in April.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #114
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Quote:
Part of what helps me to stick with WW now is knowing that those foods await me in April.
I will have to remember this!!! I'll go the last week in Feb/first of March so I need to be really good between now and then!! I can smell the scents from the bakery! YUM

Tink - So DH surgery didn't take place today.....on wait and see for final report and to get placed in as soon as we get approval. His surgeon is really great so hoping he will "add" a surgery time if needed.

Signed up for WW today and recorded everything I have eaten. So far so good!!! I think I always expect too much too fast and need to learn to take baby steps.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #115
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well . . . I've never had one. Ice cream doesn't really excite me. And WW is teaching me to like pineapple, I've never been a big fan. So, I do believe I can turn down a Dole Whip quite easily!

However . . . a cinnamon roll or some of those delicious-looking salted caramel bars or candies at Karmel Kuche or those cupcakes that look so good, now that is a whole different story.

A dole whip isn't exactly ice cream. I do not like soft serve ice cream at all, yet I like a pineapple dole whip.

I love fresh pineapple. They sell pineapple spears there too, that would be a good alternative.

Karamel Kuche is a weak spot for me too. I can easily do without breads, cakes, and pasta, but sickening sweet Karamel beckons.

Speaking of Caramel, Grumpy has started his cooking classes. In Baking and Pastry he saw a video on how to make caramel. He came home and made it for us. But he ruined it, imho, with raspberry flavoring. He should have used vanilla, but he wanted to experiment. Anakin loved it though we limited him to just a finger lick. The consistency was nice and had it been vanilla or just plain I wouldn't have been able to leave it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRids View Post
I will have to remember this!!! I'll go the last week in Feb/first of March so I need to be really good between now and then!! I can smell the scents from the bakery! YUM

Tink - So DH surgery didn't take place today.....on wait and see for final report and to get placed in as soon as we get approval. His surgeon is really great so hoping he will "add" a surgery time if needed.

Signed up for WW today and recorded everything I have eaten. So far so good!!! I think I always expect too much too fast and need to learn to take baby steps.
pwdebbie has a WW thread on the DIS. You need to find us over there.

The bakery is closed until May starting tomorrow, so you are safe on your Feb trip.

Congratulations! Are you going to do meetings too?

I'm so sorry that your dh's surgery didn't pan out for today. I hope everything gets squared away. I'm so glad you have his surgeon advocating for him. I know there are several things I couldn't have won on my own, but the Epilepsy Foundation of Florida stepped in and advocated for me. Is your dh coming with you to Disney in Feb?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #116
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

marking.. I'll come back laters to read
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #117
petals

Catching up at bit. I'm luvin all the pics but got to the American Pavillons gingerbread house and went THEY ADDED DUFFY! I love Duffy as well
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #118
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
marking.. I'll come back laters to read
Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up at bit. I'm luvin all the pics but got to the American Pavillons gingerbread house and went THEY ADDED DUFFY! I love Duffy as well
Welcome Emma! I thought of you as I took the picture of the gingerbread house. Well, you and Michele since you are both Duffy fans.

I'm glad you got your Paris trip this year.I'm sure it makes looking at the pictures easier.

Did yesterday go ok?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #119
petals

The Norway story-tellers were the best.
I love the Osbourne lights pictures.
I love all the gingerbread displays as well.

Quote:
Welcome Emma! I thought of you as I took the picture of the gingerbread house. Well, you and Michele since you are both Duffy fans.
I love my Duffy he's so cute. Everytime I go into the Disney store in Dublin now they're asking if I know the story and I'm like hello I've got two Duffy's and two Mickey Mouse holding mini Duffy's yeah I know the story lol!

Quote:
I'm glad you got your Paris trip this year.I'm sure it makes looking at the pictures easier.
Yeah it was different going to Paris and while it was nice having Disney it just wasn't WDW. I think the next trip to WDW will be solo but don't know when it will be.

Quote:
Did yesterday go ok?
Yeah I was working yesterday so a good distraction for most of the day so I didn't really have time to think about it. We've another one Thursday because my brother died the year before my dad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: