Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

The Most Exciting, Memorable and Fabulous Trip EVER!! A January '13 Trip! Update 4/2

The Most Exciting, Memorable and Fabulous Trip EVER!!!!

Hello everyone and WELCOME to the most magical trip revival EVER!!!!!!!! Before I take you all to a whole new world letís go over the basics.

First off since this isnít your typical trip Iím going to handle the TR a little differently than normal. since this trip was a week and a half it would take a very long time to do a full out TR for the trip. I have like next to no attention span for writing super long and detailed projects, paper reports and any other kind of writing thing so obviously this is a big obstacle! Since this was such a great trip I really want to share all of my wonderful trip moments with you so I am going to do a (wait for it) TR OF THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF THE TRIP!!!!! For anyone who is concerned about there being a lack of content in this report remember this is 12 days worth of magical moments, obviously there will still be A TON to share! I am planning on doing mini updates of each memorable moments. I also might not update in chronological order of events but so you know when each event happened I will type in the date the memory happened and I will put them in chronological order on my table of contents. I have memories for everyday but some do have more memorable moments than others. Also since the last memorable moment of the trip was also the worst part of the trip I really donít want to end the trip on a downer. Also if I happen to post a bad memorable moment I will pair it with a good memorable moment. I only have a couple of bad moments so this shouldnít be very depressing very often.

Ok now that we have that out of the way it is time for the INTRODUCTIONS!!!!!!!

First up is me.

Hello there . My name is Jenny and I am a magical 21 years old (yes I will be talking about drinking in Disney for the first time a few times in here but since I am of legal age I hope this isnít a problem for anyone). I am a Communications major and in my third year of college. I pretty much was born a Disney fan. My family has been going on frequent Disney trips for as long as I can remember (in fact Iím not sure how many times Iíve been to Disney but I do know it is at least 21 times). You know the commerical where the little girl learns to walk in disney? Well, I have a special attachment to that commercial since I learned to walk in Disney!!!! I have had many memorable moments and milestones in Disney over the years. My mom and I LOVE to talk about anything Disney and are always stalking websites like Allears and Disney Food Blog and LOVE to talk about Disney!!!!! I actually have begun to help Friends and Family plan their Disney Trips. I would love to be a Disney Vacation planner someday but since that isnít a great field to be going into right now I am going to have to settle for doing that on the side.

Next up is my travel companion, My Mommy . My mom and I are super close and love spending time together, especially in Disney!!!!! Some of our favorite moments have been in Disney and our Disney trips really are a rejuvenating experience for us. Other people donít really get our love for Disney and donít get the appeal of going back and back again but for us there is something truly comforting about it.

Ok now for the trip info .

Where: POP Century
When: January 13-24
How: Via Plane
What: A TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD

Ok now its time to sit tight and HOLD ON LIKE YOU MEAN IT because this is the WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!!!!!

Continued In The Next Post
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 04-02-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Jazzabelle508

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Day 1: Sunday January 13th, 2013

Flying Down To WDW (Bad Moment)
Our AMAZING Room
Laurenís DCP Send-Off Dinner

Day 2: Monday January 14th, 2013

My first Glimpse of the DCP
Making it to ROPE DROP!!!!
Best TSM Luck EVER!!!!!
Fun with Animation
Many rides on TOT

Day 3: Tuesday January 15th, 2013

Le Cellier
CAPPUCINO CUPCAKE!!!!
My 1st time having the GGS
Fun W/ DUFFY
Perfect Illuminations Viewing

Day 4: Wednesday January 16th, 2013

I finally get why everyone is Obsessed W/ MK Rope Drop
Little Mermaid Ride!!!!!
MEETING GASTON!!!!!!
Very Few Crowds!!!!
Gastonís Tavern
ENCHANTED TALES WITH BELLE!!!!!
Best Buzz EVER!!!!!!
When an Old Favorite still exists and is BETTER THAN EVER!!!!!
Our Experience with Wishes!!!!!

Day 5: Thursday January 17th, 2013

Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!!
A New Record!!!!!
Why I love these Animals!!!!
Luau Time!!!!
DAVID!!!!!
A New View of Fireworks!!!

Day 6: Friday January 18th, 2013

Fun with the Future!!!!!
A New Lunch Favorite!!!!
Visiting My Favorites!!!!!
Future World at NIIGGGHHHTT!!!!!!!
Extra Magic Hours!!!!!!

Day 7: Saturday January 19th, 2013

Mad Hatter Out Does Himself!
WORST LINE EVER!!!!! (Bad Moment)
Break at the Poly
Relaxin in EPCOT!!!!
Illuminations Redemption
The Best Mistaken Identity EVER!!!

Day 8: Sunday January 20th, 2013

Castle Lunch!!!
Great View of MK Nighttime Festivities
Park Hours EXTENDED!!!
New Fantasyland @ NIIIGGGHHHTT!!!!!
16 HOURS?!?!?!

Day 9: Monday January 21st, 2013 (MLK Day)

Rain-Out, Wipe-Out, Sick-out (Bad Moment)
Chef Mickeyís

Day 10: Tuesday January 22nd, 2013

BE OUR GUEST W/ OLD NEIGHBORS!!!!!
WCC Fun and Relaxing at our Fav resort!!!

Day 11: Wednesday January 23rd, 2013

Figuring out New Test Track Secret
La Cava De Tequila and Sunshine
DO YOU SEE WHERE WE ARE SITTING!!!!!!
Fun Photopass People!!!!
Great Last Illuminations Viewing!!

Day 12: Thursday January 24th, 2013

DTD Magic!
Itís like we were on a really painful TV Show where everything went wrong!!!! (BAD BAD Moment)
Wrap Up

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 04-02-2013 at 04:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Jazzabelle508

Day 1: Flying Down To Disney!!!!

So I guess the best way to start off this story is to go back to the night before. We were flying American (which we have had good experiences with) and like most airlines American has an early Check-In option where you can check in for your flight online the day before and get your boarding passes so the day of your flight you can check you bag with the sky cap and go through security and be done really quickly. Well when we went to check in for our flight my name was spelled wrong which isnít a big deal outside of air travel/times you need to show your ID but when you are flying this is a big deal. This has actually happened to me before but they never fixed my name in there system leading to this problem once again. The weird thing is my momís name was spelled correctly so go figure right. We called the airline to sort it out and they said we can go to the front desk and get it sorted out early and there shouldnít be a problem there. So luckily we live VERY close to our local airport so getting there early isnít hard to do.

The next morning we left our house at around 7 in the morning and got to our airport at around 7:30. There wasnít a line at the front desk so we got our problem sorted through in no time and security flew by 2. I guess it probably has to do with me having flown out of our airport my whole life but I actually donít have a problem with it. I find it much easier to navigate inside than MCO (more on that on later) and I LOVE that you have to go through security right away so you would have a VERY hard time missing you flight because you didnít go through security soon enough. Once we got through security it was around 8 in the morning so we had around hours to kill in the terminal before our plane boarded. The american terminal at the airport is very compact and the food court is smack dab in the middle of the terminal. We looked at all of our options and both mom and I really wanted starbucks. We both got hot chocolates and shared a cookie. It wasnít much but we had BIG dinner plans so we wanted to be VERY hungry for them. While we waited for our flight we talked about our plans, cool apps we got for our ipads for the plane, and finally I taught my mom how to use a little thing called Instagram (Iím borderline obsessed with it so I try to get everyone i know on there, my username is jazzyjen508, my twitter name is also jazzyjen508 btw). She learned about a couple of the filters and I pretty much set up her account for her. She hasnít exactly been using it so Iím continuing to talk it up with her in hopes she will use it. I had been sick off and on throughout my winter break (including christmas) so I had some sinus pills with me that I took before the flight as well.

We checked the gate board again before our flight and realized our gate changed. We still had plenty of time to make it there though which was good. We then boarded the plane (weirdly enough we were in different boarding groups both going there and coming back) and took off. We had a fair amount of turbulence on the way down because of a winter storm that was going through most of the country that day.

However we had plenty of fun distractions though. We watched some of our favorite TV shows on our iPads, Watched some Stacey, and read magazines on our iPads. One magazine I had was Disneyís Celebration Magazine and in every issue they have a quick, fun 10 question quiz. One of the issues had one about toy story. Obviously we knew most of the answers but there was one we both were stumped on. The question was, ďWhy was Woody so important to Andy?Ē. If you know this then please tell me where else this is mentioned. For those of you who donít know the answer is because he was a gift from Andyís Father and belonged to Andyís Father before him. So if anyone ever asks that in a Disney Trivia session remember that. Pretty soon after that it was time to land. We got to the gate right on time and got off pretty quickly.

However since we were in Orlando we took our sweet time getting out and ended up missing our luggage. I did get a cool car topper and charm bracelet in the airport Disney Store. Luckily when we got there they had our luggage saved in the American Office.

Here is where the really bad moment of this update comes in. After getting our luggage we went to get our car. Before I continue usually we donít have problems with getting our cars and using them. We do often get lost trying to find the return area after our trips but it never is THAT big of a problem. This particular trip has really changed my outlook on having a car in disney between our two airport experiences. My mom still would rather have a car in Disney but iím not so sure it is really worth all the stress. granted this trip was especially bad car wise but for me it was an eye opener. Anyways my mom went to finalize our rental while I waited for the luggage. I would look over at the desk periodically and normally my mom is all smiles at this point. This trip was an exception. I could tell there was some kind of issue from 100 feet away, I can only imagine how it was right there. After a long time my mom came back and told me how they over charged us for our car and about how horrible the guy was to her and basically how horrible budget is.

Once we finished trying to figure out if it was worth really arguing with budget over (we sent in a letter but nothing else happened) we went to our car. We had a Ford Focus this trip. It was super adorable and little and seemingly a perfect car for us (Hint, it was pretty good with one major exception we will get to later).

When we first got to our car someone else was sitting in it. It turned out the poor guy thought he was in the Avis section and then ended up leaving his sunglasses in our car (Luckily he noticed before we left and he got them back).

After putting on our car topper we were on the road. We hit a tiny bit of traffic but it moved really smoothly and we got there pretty quickly and smoothly.

Sorry about the wordy, whiny update, I promise the positivity will be more evident. Our trip was just bookended by two bad experiences that I want to get out of the way before we talk about the good experiences.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Jazzabelle508

Day 12: Itís like we were on a really painful TV Show where everything went wrong!!!!

So at around 12:15pm my mom and I were in DTD and our trip was coming to a close. At this point we were feeling very sad about leaving and didnít want the magic to end.

As we sat in DTD we heard many disney classics which made the trip ending easier. We were about to leave when we heard ďIíll Make a Man Out of YouĒ and stayed for that one last song. (Delayed 3 more minutes).

We finally left after that song and it was around 12:20pm. We took our car topper off and said goodbye to our favorite place on earth.

We then hit the road at around 12:30 (10 more minutes). We ended up missing our exit for I-4 (5 more minutes) but found it again and left without futher issue.

Iím obsessed with Once Upon a Time right now and those of you who watch the show know that anyone who leaves town has BAD things happen to them. Well, leaving Disney this time around was kind of like that except disney is a far happier and pleasant place than Storybrooke. Our trip home seriously could have been on a TV show episode and wouldnít have seemed boring at all. I personally could see it being on The Middle or Modern Family.

Anyway with that out of the way buckle up because this one is quite the tale.

Once we left Disney we headed towards Celebration to board I-4. Right around the entrance to I-4 we saw a cop car sitting in the middle of the intersection. The cop motioned for us to pull over. I personally thought he was going to warn us about a accident ahead of us or tell us something weird was going on with our car or something like that.

Imagine our surprise when he tells us our car was speeding. My mom and I had just said we though she was going the right speed before we saw the cop ahead. We quickly realized that although the focus is clearly a nice car it clearly wasnít for us. About 20 minutes later he lets us go with a warning and tells us what the ticket would have cost had he given us one. Lets just say speeding costs more in Florida than in Illinois.

After that debacle we went to the airport without further incident. Once we got to the airport we noticed that MCO changed where American was. We got thrown off by the changes and missed the car rental sign and ended up leaving the airport. At this point we had an hour till our flight and lets just say I was freaking out big time. We asked for directions back to the airport and then came back in on the other side. We decided to stick towards terminal b since we knew car rental was over there. However car rental from the other side was on terminal a. After turing around in the free long term parking lot we eventually found the car rental area but were on the wrong level. After a few precious minutes we finally found budget but only had 20 minutes to make the flight and securities wait was 5 minutes. We went through security, went in the fake-o-rail and then were on the wrong terminal. we then had to go back through security and then RAN to our gate and ended up missing our flight by a few minutes because it decided to leave early. SERIOUSLY!!!!! since when does a flight leave early. We then went into panic attack mode because we now had to fly on stand by and I had heard enough horror stories about flying standby and being stuck in the airport for days that I DID NOT want to be in that scenario. We called my momís friend who got us our tickets and is a member of Americanís frequent fliers club and has a bunch of ďinsĒ with the company. If she canít get us a pernament spot on the flight no one can. Luckily after paying a fee and doing ALOT of begging she got us confirmed seats on the next flight to chicago THANK GOD!!!!!!

Unfortunately our original flight was at 2:40 and the next one wasnít till almost 8pm. We killed time by checking emails, chatting with friends and family, I went on the DIS, we got some Starbucks, and we just looked through our pictures and fondly remembered all of the good parts of our trip.

Soon it was time to board. Once again I was in a later boarding group panicking that I wouldnít get on the flight but then I got on the flight and everything was good. We got really good seats right by first class on the aisle which I loved! Unfortunately I forgot to take my sinus medicine in all the excitement so I was all plugged up for the next few days after our trip.

We then got home without further incident. We got our luggage and met up with my dad and went home and unpacked and I watch the season premire of project runway teams (i also love Project Runway).

Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Jazzabelle508

Day 1: Our AMAZING Room!!!!!

When we got to Pop we found a great spot right by the building that we could park at to check in. The website was down for the 10 days before our trip so I couldnít use online check in this trip (I have since learned online check-in works 60 days in advanced now). However this really wasnít a problem and I think it actually benefited us. We had only a couple of people ahead of us at check in. I took our mugs and filled them while my mom waited to check in. I filled them up very quickly and by the time I came back mom was almost completely checked in. The cast member checking us in told us our room was ready (YAY!!!! That never happens to us, 1st stroke of magic). We actually had our choice between two rooms. The first room was in the 60s by the bridge and the other one was in the 90s also by the bridge. We quickly chose the 60ís room not fully realizing just how epically lucky we just got. We walked to our room and were so surprised when we were at our building after walking a few steps. We took the elevator with our luggage and walked to our room. After we walked to our room we realized we could see ART OF ANIMATION from there!!!! More importantly we were literally steps from the connecting bridge between the two resorts!!!!

Honestly it was like we were staying at two resorts!!!!! We were right in the center of everything for Pop and were were also right by the center of everything for Art Of Animation as well. Where we were we were a little bit closer to everything POP but we were ALMOST equidistant between POP and AOAís main buildings. IT WAS SOOO COOL!!!! We pretty much FREAKED when we saw our room. After putting our stuff in our room we decided to use the time we had before we had to leave for dinner exploring AOA. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. We LOVED this location!!!! I swear we had THE BEST luck this trip!!!!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Jazzabelle508

Day 1: Laurenís DCP Send-Off Dinner

On our first night we ended up meeting with my friend Lauren and her mom for a nice meal before she went on her DCP. As soon as I found out about her going to Disney we began talking about when she was arriving and all of those details. It turned out she was checking in on our first full day and would be in Disney the night we arrived so of course we had to meet up! Lauren and I have been friends since second grade and she definitely is one of my friends who knew the most about my disney obsession and I had always wanted to share disney time with her. This was the perfect opportunity. Lauren and I had been texting all day and we were staying at the same resort for that night so we decided to meet at POP and go to Dinner together. They were at the concierge desk so we waited for them to finish up with that. We then drove over to the Poly. We actually missed the world drive turn because we were chatting and didnít see it. However even with that we got to the Poly with almost an hour to spare. We then parked the car, made note of where it was, and then walked inside, However, not without pictures

After our Photoshoot we went upstairs to check in at Oíhana. Lauren and I walked around upstairs and checked out the shops and scenery. It was at this point in time I made the decision to trade vynilmation. Unfortunately the first one I got was ugly so they let me trade. Lauren and I laughed about that one for a while and we still talk about it from time to time.

We then began talking about the experiences she has had preparing for the DCP and she promised to let me know where she was working (side note: we have since learned she was working the great movie ride, we ended up missing out on seeing her in action but I do know that she is LOVING her job and has had some wonderful experiences. That ride holds a lot of sentimental value in there family so it is really neat for her to be working there.

We walked back to our moms and as soon as we got there the buzzer went off which annoyed my mom since the patriots were playing and my mom LOVES the patriots, not as much as the Bears though.

We ended up being seated in the front of the restaraunt which was nice as far as being in the middle of the action was concerned but sad as far as not being able to see wishes. We did end up hearing it and my mom and I sung it in our heads.

The food was good but not as amazing as our first time. The steak was VERY unevenly cooked. The rest of it was really good though! Im obsessed with OHANAíS noodles! I literally could eat those things all day!!!!!!

We also LOVED the bread pudding!!!!! We all loved it but Lauren and I ended up eating what was left over after our moms were full. (side note: Lauren just had her birthday and she and her roommates ate at Ohana).

After we finished eating we took a round on the monorail and drove back to the resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: