Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
amyrose26
Earning My Ears

Gluten free disney dinning

I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks for Disney world. My friend and I are going to be eating at the Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Chefs, Le Cellier, and San Angel INN. I have celiac disease (we noted this on our ADRs). I'm curious what is safe to eat at these places. I have read all about how accommodating Disney is for allergies. That makes me feel better but I'm still scared of cross contamination. All I need to know is how these places handle gfree,what's good to eat, how safe they are and reassurance that I will be just fine.

</a>
amyrose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
MommaBarb
Mouseketeer

Do you have a smart phone? I highly recommend the paid version of the Gluten Free Disney Dining App if so. It has reviews, some of them very recent. I've tried to use it when making ADRs for our trip this upcoming April.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

I've eaten at 3 of these. Here's my thoughts. We're free of a heck of a lot more than just gluten.

The chef at HBD was wonderful. I LOVED by gluten free crab cakes (yes, you read that right). My oldest and I both got the tenderloin and it was cooked to perfection and it cut like buttah. For mine, the only modification required was to leave off the butter and that's because I can't eat dairy. Hers was further modified due to preference. My youngest wasn't so fond of the menu so the chef ended up customizing a dish for her and cooked it beautifully. We had the F! package so we got appetizers but none looked interesting to her so he brought her a plate of really good bacon (not the typical Disney stuff) because that's one of her favourite foods. We quite enjoyed our food. My youngest's tastes have since expanded so I'm thinking of going back to get those crab cakes again. I'm sure she'll love the cobb salad next time.
review from August 2011: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=29

I'll never set food in Les Chefs de France again. While our food was safe, the server and chef both made us feel very put out and when they finally agreed to actually have a conversation with us about our food refused to do anything more than leave off sauces, breads, etc. Sorry, but a bunless burger with a side salad that consists of lettuce with a slice of tomato and little bit of carrot with no dressing is not a WDW meal and certainly not after having to argue to even get that done. Never again.

We've eaten at LeCellier several times and never regretted it. They're limited in their GF dessert options but from what I understand they do have a daily fresh fruit sorbet and it was delicious last time.
review from August 2012: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...8&postcount=10

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7

Last edited by clanmcculloch; 10-18-2013 at 02:06 PM.
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: