Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
mymermaid
Mouseketeer

Finalizing Details

Hello everyone we leave Saturday afternoon for Disney and I'm finalizing some of trip details. Our last trip was in May of 2010. A lot of new things have been added since our last trip and we don't want to miss anything. This is my plan for each park as we make it to rope drop each day. Also we are staying on site, but will not be using the EMH perk. We will go to the park that had it the day before. This is my plan so far for Magic Kingdom.

MK
FP - PP
VoLM
ETwB
Ride PPwFP
FP - Pooh
Teacups
Goofini
Dumbo
Ride Pooh wFP
early lunch at Be Our Guest

We will tour more leisurely after lunch and will also have more than one day for MK. We just wanted to make sure to experience the new stuff at least once.
mymermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymermaid View Post
Hello everyone we leave Saturday afternoon for Disney and I'm finalizing some of trip details. Our last trip was in May of 2010. A lot of new things have been added since our last trip and we don't want to miss anything. This is my plan for each park as we make it to rope drop each day. Also we are staying on site, but will not be using the EMH perk. We will go to the park that had it the day before. This is my plan so far for Magic Kingdom.

MK
FP - PP
VoLM
ETwB
Ride PPwFP
FP - Pooh
Teacups
Goofini
Dumbo
Ride Pooh wFP
early lunch at Be Our Guest

We will tour more leisurely after lunch and will also have more than one day for MK. We just wanted to make sure to experience the new stuff at least once.
Other things that have changed a little since your last trip at MK include a tweak to Pirates of the Carribean and the Haunted Mansion queue at least. The Storybook Circus area (nee Mickey's Toon Town Fair) also includes the new attractions Pete's Silly Sideshow (a M&G with four classic characters in new attire) and Casey's Splash 'n' Soak (a water play area).

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I would consider flipping ETwB and the LM ride. ETwB is a slow moving experience and they only take a small number of guests at a time whereas the LM ride is a continuous loading experience. The sooner you hit ETwB the better. (At rope drop it may not make much of a difference one way or another, but just thought I'd throw that out there.)

Also wanted to add to Mesaboy's list of new since your last visit the Ariel M&G in the FLE. Also the Tiki Room is no longer under New Management. If you were a fan of the original, it is back..after a fashion. I've read the current show is a shorter version of the original. I never saw the original, so the current show is all new to me.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
mymermaid
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I didn't know there was even more to experience. I'm not even sure now if we are going to do the ETWB, because of our ages. We will see. I plan to discuss it with my family to see if it's something they want to do or not. It's nice to have had the break from going to Disney and to be able to come back and experience so much new. It gives it a freshness.
mymermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymermaid View Post
we don't want to miss anything.
Impossible. Don't feel like you have to see everything. Prioritize to see the stuff with the longest waits early in the day or just before the park closes, pick which shows and attractions you really want to do, and squeeze in other stuff that appeals when you are there.

Use your timeline/touring plan etc as a guide, but leave flexibility for other stuff. Frequently, that is where alot of people find the true Disney magic.....when they stop looking for it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: