Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Mvmcp

It seems impossible to see everything even if you do no rides. Is it possible to see the shows, parade, Wishes, get cocoa and cookies, take a few pics, etc.?

How have you managed to fit it all in and not feel like you are rushing all around?

Thank you.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
KingdomHeartsFan
DIS Veteran

It is definitely possible. But it's not easy. Last Sunday, MVMCP was very slow, so I was able to fit pretty much everything I wanted in with little trouble. I met lots of characters (Cinderella and family, Scrooge McDuck, Mickey, Ariel, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Donald, all princesses and their princes, Jack Sparrow). Walked up to a spot in Town Square 5 minutes before the first parade. Saw both the castle show and the show in Tomorrowland. Saw the amazing fireworks, and grabbed cookies and hot chocolate 3 different times! It was a great party and a fantastic time! I was exhausted!

KingdomHeartsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
It is definitely possible. But it's not easy. Last Sunday, MVMCP was very slow, so I was able to fit pretty much everything I wanted in with little trouble. I met lots of characters (Cinderella and family, Scrooge McDuck, Mickey, Ariel, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Donald, all princesses and their princes, Jack Sparrow). Walked up to a spot in Town Square 5 minutes before the first parade. Saw both the castle show and the show in Tomorrowland. Saw the amazing fireworks, and grabbed cookies and hot chocolate 3 different times! It was a great party and a fantastic time! I was exhausted!
Well, you at least give me hope! We will be there Tuesday, I have no idea if that date is expected to be super crowded or not. I'm hoping for the best.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
ABZDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

We attended two MVMCP's in November (12th & 16th) & managed to do all of the show's, the parade & wishes on both nights without any problems at all.
On the first evening we got into the MK at 6pm, watched the castle lighting show then headed straight over to Splash Mountain to get in line for the dwarves.
We had looked at the timetables & based our evening's around the events & viewed getting on any rides as a bonus as we were there for 10 days & so could hit the rides at any time.
Our focus was on the party elements & characters that we knew were only out on those evenings.
We really enjoyed both of the nights & did not regret booking to go twice as it allowed us to relax & just take everything in.
ABZDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second, but are the first parties for MVMCP usually crowded or do we have a good chance of getting it all done? Or would we need to pick and choose?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

We went on the 16th as well and did everything we wanted: Castle show, parade, fireworks, cookies, shopping, and even dinner. We did not do any rides because we had entered MK at 4pm that day and got them out of the way.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

We were there on the 16th of November. I was told it was a sold out party when I picked up our tickets at Will Call. We were able to see Santa, the Princesses with their men at Town Square Theater, Get Hot Cocoa and Cookies twice, see the Tomorrowland Christmas Show, Meet Phineus and Ferb, watch the fireworks, watch the Castle Show, watch the 2nd parade. We were also able to ride a few rides.
We could have gone to the Dance Parties, but the girls weren't interested. We also could have skipped a few rides and seen some more characters but again the girls wanted the ride break over the characters.

The key is to arrive early and stay until the end. It is also important I think to see the 2nd parade so you aren't spending half the party waiting for the parade to start.

We had a blast.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: