Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
disneygal2007
He's my Soldier and I am his Princess

Is this long enough?

We are planning on spending 3 days in DL and CA. Is that long enough? also how long would you plan for US? I really want to make this fun and stress free. One more. Can you stay at the hotels near DL and still be able to get to US in a timely matter. TIA
Old 01-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

That completely depends on when you are going, and how you go. During the busiest time of the year you will need 4 days to see and do everything and your favorite things more than once. During slower times, you will be able to see at least almost everything as long as you are an open to close kind of person. The obvious trade off is weekends are busier in general, but have much longer hours. Fireworks and Fantasmic are weekends only until summer.

Universal Studios is just 40 miles away- but it is an hours drive during the middle of the day or the middle of the night- to get there at opening, you would be driving in commute traffic during the week- allow 2 hours.

Universal can be done in one day- if it is a slow day and you open and close the place. Two days is ideal and their tickets are usually buy a day, get a day...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

we went Sept. 2011....drove from DL area around 9-ish a.m.- it took a solid hour,maybe a bit more(and a lot of grey hairs,ugh!) one day was more than enough IMHO, I liked it,we had fun, but it was plenty. Now DL on the other hand is a disney-philes paradise....since myself and kids LOVE disney trivia and history,we had a ball exploring here for 6 days (yes,you heard right)
I couldn't drag my teen sons away! They would have happily stayed longer if they could (DH was fine with 3 days or so)
I'd say 3 days minimum for DL-to see what you want to see,then re-do your faves...
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: