Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

My brother and sister in law had us wearing navy in their wedding. If you want, I can post a picture of the flowers they chose and you can see if maybe you're want to use anything from there in your bouquet. We had lots of blues and purloined with sunflowers. Just let me know if you would like to see. I love the fact that you are tying in his Scottish heritage
Old 12-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
My brother and sister in law had us wearing navy in their wedding. If you want, I can post a picture of the flowers they chose and you can see if maybe you're want to use anything from there in your bouquet. We had lots of blues and purloined with sunflowers. Just let me know if you would like to see. I love the fact that you are tying in his Scottish heritage
YES I WOULD LOVE TO SEE!!! Any pictures you have, thanks! His kilt his a slight bit of yellow in it, so we may use yellow flowers as well, not sure yet though as it isn't one of my favorite colors. Yes getting a few Scottish things in the wedding is a definite!
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #18
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I hope this works. Haven't tried it from my phone before. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelk101 View Post
Thanks, I will ask at the PS and hopefully we can work something out! My fiance is living in Scotland at the moment, and won't be able to move over until the wedding. We were emailing our planner and told her he was coming over and we were coming down in December and asked if we could schedule a session, and there were no questions asked! Pricing for things may change before our day, but we just want to get an idea of things, and look at all our options.
Totally makes sense. :D Have a blast!! Are you guys doing a menu tasting too?

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

You two make such an adorable couple! I love your flower picks and the idea of adding Scottish thistles to your bouquet!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Hi there and Congrats!
I have been to WDW many times in early OCT as my b'day is Oct. 1 and I can tell you...it's HOT.

If you can schedule the wededing for mid or even late OCT, you might have a better time, temp wise, but you never know with OCT weather down there in relation to rain etc....

I know there have been other weddings where the groom and ushers wear kilts, so hopefully someone can help you.

I just wanted to mention, my DH is from Ireland and instead of doing a sand ceremomy, we did a Loving Cup, which is actually Scottish! It's called a quaich. Ours was actually the Irish version of the quaich and we had Mead in it. There's a bunch of info on-line about using the quaich in weddings and the ceremony it entails etc.

Happy planning!! I love the Eau de France reception idea! Tell us more!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #22
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Hi Rachael,

I'm finally getting around to reading your journal. My fiance is from Dunfermline Scotland. So I have some advice for you on incorporating Scottish stuff into your wedding. I can tell you now that the Scottish Thistle was a no go for us; our Disney floral planner searched for us after our planning session and she could not get it. I wanted to do that same as you and incorporate it into my bouquet and his bout. sucks!

Our groomsmen are going to wear kilts that they are renting from Atlanta kilts in Atlanta, GA. We went up to visit their shop when we made a trip to Atlanta last July and it's a tiny little place with super nice people running it. They were very helpful and it can all be done over the phone. I just had to go see for myself because I'm curious. We were going to go with Blackwatch Tartan kilts but when I saw the black kilts I thought how nice it would be to have black and white so it's still similar to a tux, but it's a kilt. They look really sharp in them too, my brother and father modeled them for us lol! I'll have to post some pics when I have them with me. I just emptied the pics from my phone!

We're also going to have the bagpiper play as the guests walk up to the WP, for DF's entrance, and then when we exit. He will also play at the Boardwalk when we get there for our reception at ADH. The cost is $600 as of now and you have him for 3 hours. If you've ever seen the Off Kilter band at Canada in Epcot, it's typically that guy that does the weddings and he's great! I love watching that band!

Do you know about the Facebook group? It's a bunch of girls from the boards, but it's instant everyday conversations! It's a private group though so let me know and I can try and add you or ask the admin to add you.

Let me know if you have any other Scottish ideas and I can share as well. I'm thinking we might make some shortbread to put in the welcome bags and we'll put some tea bags and things too! So excited I have another Scottish/American couple to plan with!!! Your engagement pics are so cute. I can't believe you got to spend 3 months in Scotland, I'm jealous! I love it over there. I went for my first time last January and I was amazed at the beauty! Good luck to you two!

~ Nicole
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

I'm going to second the Facebook group that Nicole mentioned (who I actually talk to via Facebook now! ) Let us know!

Happy New Year!!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just found your journal. Love your love story. Can't wait for more!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #25
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Yeah add me to the Facebook page if you can! When is your wedding? I will reply more in detail when I get back home from Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
Hi Rachael,

I'm finally getting around to reading your journal. My fiance is from Dunfermline Scotland. So I have some advice for you on incorporating Scottish stuff into your wedding. I can tell you now that the Scottish Thistle was a no go for us; our Disney floral planner searched for us after our planning session and she could not get it. I wanted to do that same as you and incorporate it into my bouquet and his bout. sucks!

Our groomsmen are going to wear kilts that they are renting from Atlanta kilts in Atlanta, GA. We went up to visit their shop when we made a trip to Atlanta last July and it's a tiny little place with super nice people running it. They were very helpful and it can all be done over the phone. I just had to go see for myself because I'm curious. We were going to go with Blackwatch Tartan kilts but when I saw the black kilts I thought how nice it would be to have black and white so it's still similar to a tux, but it's a kilt. They look really sharp in them too, my brother and father modeled them for us lol! I'll have to post some pics when I have them with me. I just emptied the pics from my phone!

We're also going to have the bagpiper play as the guests walk up to the WP, for DF's entrance, and then when we exit. He will also play at the Boardwalk when we get there for our reception at ADH. The cost is $600 as of now and you have him for 3 hours. If you've ever seen the Off Kilter band at Canada in Epcot, it's typically that guy that does the weddings and he's great! I love watching that band!

Do you know about the Facebook group? It's a bunch of girls from the boards, but it's instant everyday conversations! It's a private group though so let me know and I can try and add you or ask the admin to add you.

Let me know if you have any other Scottish ideas and I can share as well. I'm thinking we might make some shortbread to put in the welcome bags and we'll put some tea bags and things too! So excited I have another Scottish/American couple to plan with!!! Your engagement pics are so cute. I can't believe you got to spend 3 months in Scotland, I'm jealous! I love it over there. I went for my first time last January and I was amazed at the beauty! Good luck to you two!

~ Nicole
Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelk101 View Post
Yeah add me to the Facebook page if you can! When is your wedding? I will reply more in detail when I get back home from Florida
One of us will need to friend you on Facebook first to add you. If you'd like, PM me how I can find you on Facebook!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

hi and welcome! what a whirlwind romance indeed!

me and my fiance stay in glasgow, so good to have another scottish couple [well, half!] to have around! :D

have you thought about silk floral? that way you will definitely be able to incorporate thistles!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #28
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi! We're getting married in Oct 2013 too! I'll be following

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Hi! We're getting married in Oct 2013 too! I'll be following
Hi when and where is your wedding! Yay another October couple! I will follow your posts as well!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #30
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4 View Post
hi and welcome! what a whirlwind romance indeed!

me and my fiance stay in glasgow, so good to have another scottish couple [well, half!] to have around! :D

have you thought about silk floral? that way you will definitely be able to incorporate thistles!

Yay Scottish couple!! I will follow your posts! I'm pretty sure we asked early on if we could use fake thistles, even if we provided them, but they said no, I can't remember why, it may be because our reception is in a theme park, they are really strict about theme park reception decor.

Tags
journal, pavilion, planning, wedding, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: