Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

First CARS @ AoA-Now CARS LAND @ DHS!?

wdwmagic has the most "confidant" report today I have seen on this "possibility" in the last few months.

OF COURSE,only time will tell.

"It has been speculated about for a couple of years now, but sources familiar with the situation tell us that the massively successful $200 million Cars Land from Disney's California Adventure will indeed be heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Speculation points to the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' area as the location, with Cars Land taking over that entire space.

Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
wdwmagic has the most "confidant" report today I have seen on this "possibility" in the last few months.

"It has been speculated about for a couple of years now, but sources familiar with the situation tell us that the massively successful $200 million Cars Land from Disney's California Adventure will indeed be heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Speculation points to the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' area as the location, with Cars Land taking over that entire space.

Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."
OP on that thread is very much in the know. I think this pretty much confirms it.

notnothin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

There was a huge thread about this a few weeks back, it was very interesting. I will try and dig it out
Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Phatoomch
DIS Veteran

DHS Expansion

Phatoomch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

I think it would be wonderful.....considering that I really dislike the Lights Motors Action show.....

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
BridgetBordeaux
DIS Veteran

If this pans out, it will save me a trip over to the west coast!
POP Dec 2009, June/Sept 2010, June/Sept 2011, May/Sept 2012, May/Sept 2013, May/Sept 2014
BridgetBordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

The transition of that area into Cars Land is so obvious and logical, it is a wonder how this even remains a "rumor". It simply has to happen.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
Thank you for this link. DHS is so desperately in need of a major overhaul and if all this were to come true..that's a BIG "if" I know...it would be amazing and just what DHS needs!!

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
bryon
I want to work at Disney...But do my own thing.

I just got back from a California trip and experienced cars Land and the top attraction Radiator Springs Racers.....Visually the land was amazing.

I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track. I may be in the minority, but I like the ride of test Track better (but I did like the visual aspect of Radiator Springs better)

Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.

Same reason why the Indiana Jones ride at DisneyLand probably hasn't come to Disney World....The ride would be similar to Dinosaur.
bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
rabbitroger
Mouseketeer

I will be surprised, not because DHS doesn't need some love, becuase it clearly does.

But Cars Land is the only big hitter DCA has to offer, if Cars land is duplicated then why would anybody bother going to DCA?
rabbitroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
newdeal
DIS Veteran

They have plenty of room to add it without dropping lights motors action. I dont like that show but if they change it to cars lamd how will it affect the backlot tour
newdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
Daisy-J&D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryon View Post
I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track. I may be in the minority, but I like the ride of test Track better (but I did like the visual aspect of Radiator Springs better)

Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.
I'm wondering the same exact same thing. We have Test Track so would they really bring Radiator Springs Racers to WDW?
1982 - Off Site , 1984 - Off Site, 2002 - Off Site Sheraton Safari, 2004 - Pop Century/Off Site, 2004 - Disney Wonder, 2007 - Pop Century, 2008 - Pop Century, 2011 - Pop Century, 2012 - POFQ, 2015 - Disney Fantasy, 2015- Art of Animation.

Jess , Dee and DD4
Daisy-J&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryon View Post
I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track... Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.
A great point. I watched the Dis Podcast Video of the Point of View tour of Radiator Springs, and it did appear to be too similar to Test Track to warrant replicating at WDW. So something else might be needed.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
darkwingeeyore
Earning My Ears

I'd be so disappointed. Oh well. I'd like for them to bring the Racers over, but not the whole land. I'll wait for confirmation before getting really upset though.

Me DH DD

Dec 1999: CSR (Graduation Trip) * July 2007: POR (Honeymoon!) * Dec 2009: AKL * Can't wait for Dec 2012: CBR (DD's first visit!)
darkwingeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatoomch View Post
There was a huge thread about this a few weeks back, it was very interesting. I will try and dig it out
Yes,I got so excited when that report from wdwnewstoday came out!

In today's report,the "confidence level" seems to really have "ramped up" since the first report.

I really HOPE it happens and I really "THINK" it will!

(EDIT-The first report was from WDWNEWSWTODAY!Sorry!-I always get wdwnewstoday and wdwmagic "mixed up"!)

Last edited by WEDWDW; 08-29-2012 at 03:14 PM.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: