Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Muskegon78
Mouseketeer

Absolute cheapest way......

To book a 7 night Caribbean crusie (east or west). Deals+time of year+time of booking+ room type. How do you get the absolute cheapest rate available?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Just checked on vacationstogo.com. It looks like hunting season and Jan are pretty good prices.

If you go to that site . You will be able to look at all dates at the same time.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
ESN
DIS Veteran

Book at least a year early, avoid the new ships, avoid summer and school breaks, and get the lowest room category you can tolerate

Price the cruise out with online sites - then compare with AAA, travel agents, etc and go with the cheapest

Book air on your own - or drive

Get your own trip insurance rather than thru DCL
ESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

On DCL, no travel agent can undercut another. They all must sell cruises at the same price. Some sites (like vacationstogo.com) do not include all the taxes in the prices they list--when you add the taxes, they are the same! However, I do love the site for comparing dates. Where they can differ is in the service and onboard credit or other gifts they may provide as a "thanks for booking with us."

OK, I'm with the above--travel "off season," avoid the immediate openings of the new ships. There are occasional bargains out there. Book a cat 11C gty. The obvious goody is to re-book while on board. However, with that not possible, be sure that your TA gets you the $50 Disney Visa onboard credit as well as the $25 on line booking credit.

The best I ever did--$599 + $47 tax per person on a 7 night. I haven't seen this rate since 2009. With some creative air arrangements, we actually pulled it off for right at $1000 per person including air, rental minivan, and tips. And then Southwest bumped us on the way home, so we had airline credit toward future trips.

The current best deal that I'm aware of is the EBTA at $2200 for 2 people for 14 nights. Of course, the airfare home from Barcelona kinda kills the savings on the cruise.

Last edited by kcashner; 03-12-2011 at 09:43 PM.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Muskegon78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
On DCL, no travel agent can undercut another. They all must sell cruises at the same price. Some sites (like vacationstogo.com) do not include all the taxes in the prices they list--when you add the taxes, they are the same! However, I do love the site for comparing dates. Where they can differ is in the service and onboard credit or other gifts they may provide as a "thanks for booking with us."

OK, I'm with the above--travel "off season," avoid the immediate openings of the new ships. There are occasional bargains out there. Book a cat 11C gty. The obvious goody is to re-book while on board. However, with that not possible, be sure that your TA gets you the $50 Disney Visa onboard credit as well as the $25 on line booking credit.

The best I ever did--$599 + $47 tax per person on a 7 night. I haven't seen this rate since 2009. With some creative air arrangements, we actually pulled it off for right at $1000 per person including air, rental minivan, and tips. And then Southwest bumped us on the way home, so we had airline credit toward future trips.

The current best deal that I'm aware of is the EBTA at $2200 for 2 people for 14 nights. Of course, the airfare home from Barcelona kinda kills the savings on the cruise.
Do they still do kids sail free ever? If I was looking at January 2016 how soon could it be booked?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskegon78 View Post
Do they still do kids sail free ever? If I was looking at January 2016 how soon could it be booked?
Yes, they still do KSF.

Hmmm... well 2015 will probably come out between October 2013 and April 2014, so 2016 would be October 2014 to April 2015?
Maybe?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post

Sigh. It does, doesn't it?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskegon78 View Post
They did just release some KSF on some of the Miami bookings (on the Wonder). That offering all depends on how bookings are going.

As far as JAN2016 - they just released the winter/spring dates for 2014 so I'd say you have about two years to wait.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Muskegon78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
They did just release some KSF on some of the Miami bookings (on the Wonder). That offering all depends on how bookings are going.

As far as JAN2016 - they just released the winter/spring dates for 2014 so I'd say you have about two years to wait.
Ok, I figured it would be a long wait. So the KSF thing is random, no way to count on it? We had a SPH room last time on the Magic and I wondered how that type of room with 2 kids would compare to 2 adults with 2 KSF in a more $ room
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
TmlndSpdwy03
Mouseketeer

The cheapest I saw this year year, was booking military rate for Fantasy, Eastern, leaving December 1st, 2012. It was just under $1900 for 3 people in a catagory 4 room (dont remember which one).

This was booking it about 60 days out.
TmlndSpdwy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
mom2aredhead
DIS Veteran

The absolute cheapest I saw were DVC and *GT rates at aboyt 60 days before sailing. And based on the 2014 prices, I expect to see more "specials" and "discounts" come along.

"Nobody on his deathbed ever said, "I wish I had spent more time at the office." - Paul Tsongas
mom2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

TAs offer the same prices as Disney. However we also offer onboard credits that help with excursions, tips ect.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
jlemieu1
DIS Veteran

http://www.cruisefish.net/stats/index.md

Then switch to Disney. This will give you a rough idea to start from.
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemieu1 View Post
http://www.cruisefish.net/stats/index.md

Then switch to Disney. This will give you a rough idea to start from.
Nice site, Thanks!

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska)
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: